What's new

Ebola virus: How does TYM feel about it?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Ok the jackasses on my facebook page seem to believe everything they read, including Ebola paitents coming to life, and Obama being responsible for Ebola, and that the virus has become airborne, just a whole buncha of bullshit like that.

Supposedly, Homeland Security bought 2 billion dollars worth of ammunition, as well as a few million dollars worth of FEMA Coffins (disposable plastic coffins used for cremation) in anticipation of the virus spreading and causing nation-wide panic (because killing citizens for panicking about citizens dying is the best way to go about it.....). I've done a bit of research about it, and honestly.. its DHS.. if they wanted to keep something secret, it'd be kept secret. It's kinda hard to believe a lot of the stuff i read.

I know about Ebola hitting Dallas, Texas and it makes me wonder if it can become airborne and effect the rest of the US much how it has in Africa? From the "infection maps" ive seen, it seems to be in the rural/poverty/3rd world areas of Africa. Which would make sense, I feel it can be put to a stop in the US immediately without having any serious casualties.

How do you guys feel about this deadly virus? Are you not worried about it? Maybe sleeping with 1 eye open? Do you even care at all?

and if you are super concerned about it, why are u going about normal life? why not spend more time actually preparing for anything major?

As an American I really couldn't care less since it has a very low chance of becoming an outbreak over here and as long as I keep washing my hands and continue my practice of not putting any open wounds near dead bats/humans I should be fine. The situation in Africa is horrendous though and some people estimate that 500, 000 people could die by February if the virus isn't contained, and we don't seem to be putting enough effort to stop it. The indifference to the suffering of fellow humans is sickening. #my2cents

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Ebola spreads in Africa because their society doesn't understand it and their infrastructure lacks the capabilities to contain it without assistance from developed nations.
Thomas Duncan, for instance, contracted Ebola from carrying a sick pregnant woman to a car. Bad idea.
You aren't going to see it spread in developed countries because we believe Ebola is a thing and not demons or some shit, and we take the appropriate precautions to prevent it from spreading.
Dallas dropped the ball initially by releasing Duncan due to a failure in the chain of custody of his patient history, but has since performed well, quarantining everyone he came in contact with.
Basically...

Also, delete your Facebook. Your people sound dumb.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Ebola spreads in Africa because their society doesn't understand it and their infrastructure lacks the capabilities to contain it without assistance from developed nations.
Thomas Duncan, for instance, contracted Ebola from carrying a sick pregnant woman to a car. Bad idea.
You aren't going to see it spread in developed countries because we believe Ebola is a thing and not demons or some shit, and we take the appropriate precautions to prevent it from spreading.
Dallas dropped the ball initially by releasing Duncan due to a failure in the chain of custody of his patient history, but has since performed well, quarantining everyone he came in contact with.
Basically...

Also, delete your Facebook. Your people sound dumb.
Im about to. Everyday I have to post some shit telling ppl to stop being so damn gullible. They think the world is a conspiracy and everyone and everything is illuminati and out to get them. I swear, so stupid.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I'm not worried about it at all. With our health standards it's unlikely that it can spread well here.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
It's a serious problem in West Africa because every country it hit is so poor that they basically have no healthcare.

We live in the first world. Literally one man has died of Ebola here. We're gonna be fine. A bunch of real, actually awful shit is happening in the US and people are still stressing over the media cash-in on Ebola.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I'm not worried, and it's been stated by several heads of the scientific community as to why I shouldn't be. Now if only the news media would quit spreading exaggerated doomsday scenarios...

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
What bothers me about it is that every time I turn on the news they make it seem like Ebola is gonna be the death of us. As if it spreads like a cold. Unless I somehow come in contact with vomit or feces of someone who does have Ebola I honestly just don't care.

Reactions: RYX

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I really don't know who or what to believe. Everyone either has the motive of trying to spread panic by saying it's could go airborne or trying to prevent panic by saying we're fine. While I do hope/believe that America is fully capable of containing Ebola because our medicine is so much better, I am also incredibly fearful of getting sick (not just Ebola, anything) so this is pretty much going to be me until this whole Ebola stuff blows over:

(That being said, this isn't anything to make light of and I sincerely do wish the best for anyone who does contract the virus)

Flagg

Noob
Im about to. Everyday I have to post some shit telling ppl to stop being so damn gullible. They think the world is a conspiracy and everyone and everything is illuminati and out to get them. I swear, so stupid.
Couldn't agree more.

It astounds me how many people think they are living in some giant movie.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
This one guy in class spits when he talks and some of it got on my arm today, and the first thing I thought was, "I hope I didn't just get Ebola."

Is this bad? y/n?

I'm the type of person that would need to go to Africa and see it for myself to believe it. The media just seems way to sketchy on this one

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
To answer the thread question I don't really like Ebola.

But yeah people are freaking out about it for no reason. PL's twitter is hilarious with this. Basically, it's people who don't understand science but do understand what scary words and ideas are, which is probably why Fox News has been all over it.

There is virtually no chance ebola will spread in the US. It's been spread in countries with poor sanitary practices, poor knowledge of how diseases work, a less aware/connected populous (people not aware it's being spread and therefore not being cautious), and much less advanced infrastructure in place to control it. Even with all that taken into account, it's still claimed less victims than we expect from the rhetoric and hasn't spread outside the immediate area. Nigeria is FAR less advanced in their ability to control diseases than us, and they've had ebola in their country since July. But because of their knowledge of it, as it happened after the outbreak became worldwide news, they've only seen 20 cases in 3 months, and they haven't had a new case in over a month. If Nigeria can control a deadly outbreak that fast, and as far as we know no one has even caught it from another person within the United States yet, we're going to be fine.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
What bothers me about it is that every time I turn on the news they make it seem like Ebola is gonna be the death of us. As if it spreads like a cold. Unless I somehow come in contact with vomit or feces of someone who does have Ebola I honestly just don't care.
Its actually easier to contact the disease than that