What's new

Ebola virus: How does TYM feel about it?

nwo

Noob
I don't know man, Mark Zuckaberg donated 25 million to help the cause, must be of some worth to look into.
Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Monsanto, and GlaxoSmithKline are all in on "helping" the cause. I won't be taking any of their upcoming Ebola vaccines.

There is a chance this whole thing could get serious, or it may just turn out to be like another h1n1 hoax.

Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Monsanto, and GlaxoSmithKline are all in on "helping" the cause. I won't be taking any of their upcoming Ebola vaccines.

There is a chance this whole thing could get serious, or it may just turn out to be like another h1n1 hoax.
Do you not take vaccines because you think the government is evil?

Maasik

Noob
I'm just waiting for the whole thing to blow over, and looking forward to the South Park episode that will inevitably come out mocking those who are over the top paranoid.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I'm just waiting for the whole thing to blow over, and looking forward to the South Park episode that will inevitably come out mocking those who are over the top paranoid.
Pretty sure that new Gluten episode was partially mocking the Ebola crisis.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I find it a bit funny to look at facebook and see people who hate Obama be like

"The president let Ebola run loose."
Its like that new brand of stupid you see all the kids buying from American Apparel nowadays.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Pretty sure that new Gluten episode was partially mocking the Ebola crisis.
completely off topic but....im surprised the boondocks never had the "Your going to jail now" bus driver parodied in an episode....seemed like somethin that they woulda totally done xD

Error404

Noob
Well there has been 1 case of Ebola in Macedonia which isn't far from where i live , but noone seems worried. Including me.

nwo

Noob
Do you not take vaccines because you think the government is evil?
I'm guessing you take your fair share?

No, I don't get injected with thimerosal. I haven't been vaccinated in at least 15 years and I easily go 5 years without getting sick. The best thing to do would be to get plenty of sun light, plenty of sleep, drink clean water, stay out of large crowds like at airports or hospitals.

Bill Gates says he wants to depopulate the planet through vaccines, I'll take his word for it.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
That wasn't even funny in 2006. LOL, how old were you in 2006?
You think vaccinations are a bad idea and then you post a segment from a Ted Talk that highlights how they're actually beneficial? Do you ever stop with the ignorant, non-rational conspiracy bs posts?

Seriously, real talk. Be honest with me here.

How's the hunt for Bigfoot going? Any new leads, breh?

nwo

Noob
You think vaccinations are a bad idea and then you post a segment from a Ted Talk that highlights how they're actually beneficial? Do you ever stop with the ignorant, non-rational conspiracy bs posts?

Seriously, real talk. Be honest with me here.

How's the hunt for Bigfoot going? Any new leads, breh?
The people who talk about tin foil hats are always the same ones who will then mention big foot or space aliens. Never fails.

I think you might be watching too much TV though..

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
The people who talk about tin foil hats are always the same ones who then mention big foot or space aliens. Never fails.

I think you might be watching too much TV though..
Blah blah blah.

Getting back on vaccination. How could you have such an anti-science point of view? That's just a remarkable mouth-breather type spectacle right there.

nwo

Noob
Blah blah blah.

Getting back on vaccination. How could you have such an anti-science point of view? That's just a remarkable mouth-breather type spectacle right there.
Will snopes.com debunk it? and the CDC?

I going to sleep man.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I haven't been vaccinated in at least 15 years and I easily go 5 years without getting sick
That's pretty cool. You're not up to date on your vaccines but you haven't gotten Tetanus or Diphtheria or Hepatitis or Measles or any of those other things you're supposed to get immunized to protect yourself from. Vaccines helped make that possible

See, part of the design and policy behind Vaccines is this thing called Community Immunity. When a large majority of the population is immune to a disease it doesn't have a chance to spread. The result is that people who aren't vaccinated or are immunocompromized get protected too. This is super important because there are people who can't get vaccinated for various health reason and they still get to be fairly safe from diseases that the rest of the population is immune to and can ignore.
The thing about this is that it requires a critical(and very high) percentage of the population to be vaccinated to work. So if too many people chose not to get vaccinate the whole thing fall apart and everybody who isn't vaccinated is susceptible to an outbreak and these diseases that we've worked decades to eradicate come back. And the screwed up part is that if you're not vaccinated but you're healthy and don't get sick you can still carry the disease. Even though you don't get symptoms you can spread it to other people who didn't have the choice to get immunized.

Get your fucking vaccinations.

(On a related note, everybody should be getting the flu shot every year. I know you're young and healthy and never get sick, but you're not getting it for you. It's for your grandma or your five year old brother with a weaker immune system. If you don't get the shot you can still spread the flu. If enough people got the shot we could develop community immunity and the disease would slow spreading and mutating, we wouldn't have to get new shots for new strains every year, and eventually it would be like mumps or something that nobody ever gets)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
That's pretty cool. You're not up to date on your vaccines but you haven't gotten Tetanus or Diphtheria or Hepatitis or Measles or any of those other things you're supposed to get immunized to protect yourself from. Vaccines helped make that possible

See, part of the design and policy behind Vaccines is this thing called Community Immunity. When a large majority of the population is immune to a disease it doesn't have a chance to spread. The result is that people who aren't vaccinated or are immunocompromized get protected too. This is super important because there are people who can't get vaccinated for various health reason and they still get to be fairly safe from diseases that the rest of the population is immune to and can ignore.
The thing about this is that it requires a critical(and very high) percentage of the population to be vaccinated to work. So if too many people chose not to get vaccinate the whole thing fall apart and everybody who isn't vaccinated is susceptible to an outbreak and these diseases that we've worked decades to eradicate come back. And the screwed up part is that if you're not vaccinated but you're healthy and don't get sick you can still carry the disease. Even though you don't get symptoms you can spread it to other people who didn't have the choice to get immunized.

(On a related note, everybody should be getting the flu shot every year. I know you're young and healthy and never get sick, but you're not getting it for you. It's for your grandma or your five year old brother with a weaker immune system. If you don't get the shot you can still spread the flu. If enough people got the shot we could develop community immunity and the disease would slow spreading and mutating, we wouldn't have to get new shots for new strains every year, and eventually it would be like mumps or something that nobody ever gets)
Thank you for having common fucking sense.

This anti-vaccination crap gets on my nerves.

DarkPage

Noob
I really don't know who or what to believe. Everyone either has the motive of trying to spread panic by saying it's could go airborne or trying to prevent panic by saying we're fine. While I do hope/believe that America is fully capable of containing Ebola because our medicine is so much better, I am also incredibly fearful of getting sick (not just Ebola, anything) so this is pretty much going to be me until this whole Ebola stuff blows over:

(That being said, this isn't anything to make light of and I sincerely do wish the best for anyone who does contract the virus)

I'm guessing you take your fair share?

I haven't been vaccinated in at least 15 years and I easily go 5 years without getting sick. The best thing to do would be to get plenty of sun light, plenty of sleep, drink clean water, stay out of large crowds like at airports or hospitals.
Dude... 15 years?

Lemme tell you this: meningitis does not give a flying f* how healthy of a life you are living.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Lol im just imagining some aid workers who go over to vaccine people in a 3rd world country and them being like

'um no were good we get plenty of sunlight'..'we saw a youtube video that said they bayd'

That's true ^ but honestly none of those are on par with Ebola, Ebola is worse then arguably any of those illnesses and has existed long before if I'm not mistaken.
Not being a dick, but I'd put Ebola and SARS on the same level. Actually SARS would be worse, because apparently somebody has made a recovery from Ebola with some new experimental treatment.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
But then Libians would just travel to Liberia first and fly to the US from there. :REO
Ok, what I meant is ban flights to and from there to here. It's not like we don't already have people sent over there, we have a lot actually. I just see no reason to allow sick people with Ebola right now back here, it's obviously not a good idea as it's spreading throughout the USA....slowly but surely. First Atlanta, right? Those people were cured thankfully, then Texas, then NJ, now NY...

@DuBBer Kiir I don't think you're being a dick. IMO Maybe SARS I can see, but definitely not the other illnesses mentioned(I mean the flu variations have been going on for years in asia but if it were that bad, people would be dropping like flies all over you know?) I definitely think SARS and Ebola are worse overall.

You see that's the thing though, people have also died from Ebola too here and in Africa more often then recover. Those two people in atlanta only recovered because of the experimental drug. Which is good but we seriously need to produce it on a massive level asap if those people in charge who "have our best interest" supposedly are going to allow flights here from there to here continuously. Know what I mean?

Also I think that asian nurse recovered thankfully, I don't know if she had the experiemental drug but that guy from last week died....

Another thing we have to consider, while the experimental treatment is good we can't produce it on a massive scale in time if we continue to allow more sick people here and thus have it spread.

Last edited:

nwo

Noob
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

Yes I'm well aware of Herd Immunity, but I can assure you that I'm not in your herd dude. Believe me.

I'm sure you've taken every vaccine under the sun, you shouldn't be so worried about what I choose to do.