What's new

Combo List - D'Vorah D'Vorah Combo Thread

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I'd actually love the beta version of the guide if you don't mind! I'm currently (slowly) understanding her, although I haven't had much time to play yet.

I kicked around for about an hour in the lab, and found some funny stuff - I did a really easy 52% or 54% (I forget) XRAY combo - Midscreen or corner. It's a funny way to end round 3 quickly ;)

F44, F44, F4, XRay... PROFIT.
Yea her F4 string has little damage scaling, I love it.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
A good Frame Trap combo: (on block) F112 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > tiny delay > F11 > bnb. Unless the move is EX it will blow up reversals/mashing cause it catches the start up frames of every move. You can even do this twice. So: (on block) F112 > DF1 (Hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > F112 > DF1 (hold) > FFB (release 1) > choose your string. You will however be completely out of stamina. So use this at your own discretion of course. If your opponent is blocking all of this then you need to change it up. You should be looking for an opening, or start doing some grabs. You know they're scared of getting hit and you've shown them you can do bug cancels properly.

So take this time to look for a different setup. Blocking high? (on block) F112 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > B1 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > BNB. Its much easier execution wise to just go with 212. Hell, if you really want to make it simple just do the cancel and go into, B14, or B12 > D1+3.

Blocking Low? (on block) F112 > DF1 (Hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > F22 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (Release 1) > BNB.

You want to block? (on block) F112 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > Block (or DBlock) This is a bit trickier. If you want to stand block you have to do FF(tap block) > Tap again & Hold block. Pretty much > FFBlock > Block. For crouch block you can just do FFBlock (hold) > D

You want to Throw? (on block) F112 > DF1 (Hold) > FFBlock (Release 1) > Wait a bit > Throw

You want to Neutral Jump? (On block) F112 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (Release 1) > DU1. The reason why you have to press "D" first is because when you're sprinting, you can't just jump. At least I've never been able to. So DU1 gives me what I want.

212 is an automatic frame trap for some reason but can easily get blown up by EX. The small gap lies between 21(gap)2. I noticed it as I put Mileena's Ball Roll on reversal+Always block.

Why F112 on block? Welp, F11 is 0 on block, and while the cancel may still allow you to frame trap you have to pull off the cancel tighter. So essentially if you want to go with F11 > Frame trap gimmicks then by all means. F112 gives you hella + on block stun even if you do the cancel a bit late. F112 is unsafe so if you fuck up your cancel I can't help you there. Just hope that F112 put enough distance between you and an incoming reversal.

I also learned all of this stuff yesterday so I don't have F112 (on hit) > cancel > combo. I will learn that later today should someone stop blocking and get hit by F112. I'm sure you can still get damage off of free pressure. It probably won't be max but they stopped blocking so you should take what you can get. ^ ^

Unsafe openers:
F112
B14
F34 (You can't cancel this but you do get 31% DMG) F34 > F44 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (Release 1) > F44 > DB4
F22

Edit: Bad news, can't combo from F112 > cancel. Good news, F112 is a hard knockdown so... U3 that a$$$$$$$$$$$
Gonna add this to the pressure guide if you don't mind?

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
In Brood mother, is there a timer that only allows you to throw a crawler after a certain amount of time? I can only get one to come out after 5 seconds after the first one.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
In Brood mother, is there a timer that only allows you to throw a crawler after a certain amount of time? I can only get one to come out after 5 seconds after the first one.
Trying doing a krawler point blank. I think you can only summon another after the first disappears. Doing it point blank I was able to call out another immediately after the first one hit.

Can you? The frames look it it won't allow it.

Edit: You can't, by the time you are able to run cancel the hitstun is gone. It's not a true combo
Uh...unless the combo counter in the game is broken, it is a true combo.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm talking about canceling from F11. You can't from F22.

Last edited:

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Uh...unless the combo counter in the game is broken, it is a true combo.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm talking about canceling from F11. You can't from F22.
That's happened before, in injustice you could clash all sorts of resets, even though the frames said they weren't combos. Do you have the comp on auto block in this combo?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Here is a quick combo using F11 Bug Blast Dash Cancel 212:

My combo counter must seriously be broken then, because it isn't showing as a true combo. I'm also canceling at the first available frame. Well good to know that I was wrong and you can bug cancel in BM.

My combo counter must seriously be broken then, because it isn't showing as a true combo. I'm also canceling at the first available frame. Well good to know that I was wrong and you can bug cancel in BM.
Not sure why we are seeing different results...I tested again against a couple of different characters (Jacqui and Ferra/Torr) on different stages (just in case) and was still able to get it to combo using the same timing each time. The AI is also set to Auto Block.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Not sure why we are seeing different results...I tested again against a couple of different characters (Jacqui and Ferra/Torr) on different stages (just in case) and was still able to get it to combo using the same timing each time. The AI is also set to Auto Block.
Same with mine, I have them set to auto block. Might be an update thing since I currently am without internet.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
It's not actually possible to cancel on the first available frame. Dashing requires "Forward, Neutral, Forward" and you're not allowed to buffer before f11 cancels into Wasp Grenade and it's ilk. If we assume Wasp Grenade is dash cancellable on frame 1 (It seems quite close), then it's physically impossible to do so.

There's going to be a margin of error to dash cancel. Depending on how good you are at doing a tight Forward > Forward, your findings are going to be different.

This is where playing on Hitbox shines, because dashing is piss easy.

Edit: I forgot BM's Bug cancels way later. Sorry. Feels like a 1 or 2 frame link. You need to plink Block and 2

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
It's not actually possible to cancel on the first available frame. Dashing requires "Forward, Neutral, Forward" and you're not allowed to buffer before f11 cancels into Wasp Grenade and it's ilk. If we assume Wasp Grenade is dash cancellable on frame 1 (It seems quite close), then it's physically impossible to do so.

There's going to be a margin of error to dash cancel. Depending on how good you are at doing a tight Forward > Forward, your findings are going to be different.

This is where playing on Hitbox shines, because dashing is piss easy.

Edit: I forgot BM's Bug cancels way later. Sorry.
Yea I was talking the first frame available that I can initiate the cancel in general. I can get 11 after the bug cancel in BM, but 2 never combos. Might just be player error on my behalf. It's just weird cause I have no problem doing this in SQ.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Yea I was talking the first frame available that I can initiate the cancel in general. I can get 11 after the bug cancel in BM, but 2 never combos. Might just be player error on my behalf. It's just weird cause I have no problem doing this in SQ.
Swarm Queen Wasp Grenade can be canceled on Frame 1. That's why.

Bug Blast has a period of non-cancelableness (Where you can actually buffer FF+Block ahead of time, before hitting 2... huh!)

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Swarm Queen Wasp Grenade can be canceled on Frame 1. That's why.

Bug Blast has a period of non-cancelableness (Where you can actually buffer FF+Block ahead of time, before hitting 2... huh!)
Ah so I can actually buffer in BM instead. Thanks will test this in the morning.