What's new

Combo List - D'Vorah D'Vorah Combo Thread

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
Back 1+4 is hellaaaaa unsafe so if you get blocked you're screwed and if you do B1+2>D+Throw welp.. that's unsafe too.. B1 is hard to confirm off of.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Back 1+4 is hellaaaaa unsafe so if you get blocked you're screwed and if you do B1+2>D+Throw welp.. that's unsafe too.. B1 is hard to confirm off of.
Yeah her high/low mix up in swarm queen relies on doing the bug dash cancels. For overheard do f2,2 bug dash cancel, for low do b1 bug dash cancel. If either poke gets blocked back dash cancel the bug, if they hit continue the combo. Thats how you try and make it safe.

Vortrex

Noob
Does anyone know of a tutorial video on bug cancelling? It seems pretty crucial but I don't seem to understand the concept at all.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Don't know if this is anything new, but I found a 1 meter 47% midscreen that also works in the corner.

f11 xx ex wasp, jip, f44, f44, run, 21u3+L1
Most consistent corner combo thus far, good job.

In the corner if you do 21 21u3+L1 you get 48% btw

I cant consistently hit the 21u3 mid screen and I leave to NorthWestMajors in a few hours...

So instead I ran and did B12+L1 and it was easier. 45%

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Does anyone know of a tutorial video on bug cancelling? It seems pretty crucial but I don't seem to understand the concept at all.
I would say start off slow and in sections.
First section:
Do string into df1 and hold it. Get used to seeing when she starts the df1 animation.

Second section:
Just do df1. Hold 1, tap forward, forward, block 2. Start slow and increase speed over time. The key here is as soon as you hold 1, tap forward twice and piano into block then 2.

Next do first and second section together and see if you can get the combo meter to register 3 hits. It will take some time but once you get that magical third hit, it will click for you.

Vortrex

Noob
First section:
Do string into df1 and hold it. Get used to seeing when she starts the df1 animation.

Second section:
Just do df1. Hold 1, tap forward, forward, block 2. Start slow and increase speed over time. The key here is as soon as you hold 1, tap forward twice and piano into block then 2.

Next do first and second section together and see if you can get the combo meter to register 3 hits. It will take some time but once you get that magical third hit, it will click for you.

I appreciate, thank you for breaking it down like that. Sounds much more doable now.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it

I cant consistently hit the 21u3 mid screen and I leave to NorthWestMajors in a few hours...

Thanks! Will try adding that to the corner and see if it's easy for me to get down.

Yeah the 21u3 midscreen is tricky and I miss it a lot too(probably more consistent with wasp grenade run cancel but I haven't tried it yet due to stubbornness), definitely going to try the b12+L1 next since it seems more consistent and is only 2% less.

Good luck at NWM! Hope you get a lot of stream time so I can watch some great D'Vorah play.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

Good luck at NWM. The Hive is with you.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
First section:

Second section:

Do you mind if I use your explanation and add it to my combo .txt file? (Don't worry the txt will be converted to a Google doc once I get to a library lol)

CRKFIEND

Noob
@Sindelia Great thread you have going on here. I think we should try to consolidate these combos and our works, to make this so it's almost like a printable guide for the D'Vorah community. Would you be willing to do this? I would be happy to set this up as well, if you don't have time I could possibly get it done with help of one of the moderators.

It would be much easier to read, if our combos and findings could be seen on the front of the thread!

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
@Sindelia Great thread you have going on here. I think we should try to consolidate these combos and our works, to make this so it's almost like a printable guide for the D'Vorah community. Would you be willing to do this? I would be happy to set this up as well, if you don't have time I could possibly get it done with help of one of the moderators.

It would be much easier to read, if our combos and findings could be seen on the front of the thread!
I'm working on something like this now along with a guide explaining wasp cancels and her pressure. I have a pseudo combo guide already if you want it.

CRKFIEND

Noob
I hadn't seen this posted, but i noticed it looks badass, so sorry if this a repost...

F3,4, grab (when opponent is airborne with you on ground)

If you perform the grab without jumping D'Vorah does a really cool looking stab from the ground. Take a look. You could probably do some better damage with other enders, but it could set up for some rushdown pressure...

CRKFIEND

Noob
I'm working on something like this now along with a guide explaining wasp cancels and her pressure. I have a pseudo combo guide already if you want it.
I'd actually love the beta version of the guide if you don't mind! I'm currently (slowly) understanding her, although I haven't had much time to play yet.

I kicked around for about an hour in the lab, and found some funny stuff - I did a really easy 52% or 54% (I forget) XRAY combo - Midscreen or corner. It's a funny way to end round 3 quickly ;)

F44, F44, F4, XRay... PROFIT.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I hadn't seen this posted, but i noticed it looks badass, so sorry if this a repost...

F3,4, grab (when opponent is airborne with you on ground)

If you perform the grab without jumping D'Vorah does a really cool looking stab from the ground. Take a look. You could probably do some better damage with other enders, but it could set up for some rushdown pressure...
I have notice 2 things with this.
1. Is the acutal string is F3,4 +grab and she does what you describe. Sticks a pointer straight up in the air and stabs you in the back.

But
2: if you delay the grab after the f3,4 you grab them from the air. It combos and you get the hardknock down plus some extra hit damage of a throw. You can even MB it to get a standing reset.

CRKFIEND

Noob
I have notice 2 things with this.
1. Is the acutal string is F3,4 +grab and she does what you describe. Sticks a pointer straight up in the air and stabs you in the back.

But
2: if you delay the grab after the f3,4 you grab them from the air. It combos and you get the hardknock down plus some extra hit damage of a throw. You can even MB it to get a standing reset.
Yes, this is that combo. I found out the grab out of the air on accident. You can catch them with a grab at the apogee of their rise, or once they are behind you on the side.