What's new

Drahmin unlikely to make it in to Mortal Kombat X roster, says Boon

Error

DF2+R2

I'm gonna come out and say it, I think he is the worst Mortal Kombat character.

Even worse then then Hsu Hao.
Kobra, Jarek, Mavado, Hsu Hao, Scorpion, Mokap, Taven, Daegon, Shujinko, Darrius, and Kira are all arguably worse or more bland than Drahmin. Drahmin never got a real chance to develop as a character, but his concept and origin were interesting and had potential.

If they worked better ways (design and storyline wise), Mavado and Hsu Hao would've made for some GREAT 3D characters. Scorpion at this point is rather bland, but so is half of the legendary cast we all have grown to love. At this rate only thing we can do and hope for is better designs and actual characterization and balancing.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Boon says "Kinda unlikely" and then Drahmin is on the damn box art. Seriously boon is super sneaky.

I remember how Boon hated Drahmin in development though because of having to deal with the club arm in the multiple character positions. apparently it was a bitch to program. Weird stuff like that can make you hate a character.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
If they worked better ways (design and storyline wise), Mavado and Hsu Hao would've made for some GREAT 3D characters. Scorpion at this point is rather bland, but so is half of the legendary cast we all have grown to love. At this rate only thing we can do and hope for is better designs and actual characterization and balancing.
Man people hate the shit out of Hsu Hao but I think he's kinda cool. Grapple heavy chinese militant character with cybernetic implants? He almost seems like a Street Fighter character. I'd take Hsu Hao over Kira and Kobra.

Man people hate the shit out of Hsu Hao but I think he's kinda cool. Grapple heavy chinese militant character with cybernetic implants? He almost seems like a Street Fighter character. I'd take Hsu Hao over Kira and Kobra.
I'm one of his few fans as well and honestly he fit the game perfectly. His design was pretty good as he was supposed to be the "Anti" Jax of the game so it made perfect sense for him to look that way. Plus it was an introduction to a new race to the game. MKDA was truly the epitome of the 3D era, everthing felt grand.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Even if they did give a shit about him, unless they change how they do their animation system(or w/e), they can't have characters with asymmetrical weapons anyway.

Either his club hand would have to go, or he would have to use two.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose

Kobra, Jarek, Mavado, Hsu Hao, Scorpion, Mokap, Taven, Daegon, Shujinko, Darrius, and Kira are all arguably worse or more bland than Drahmin. Drahmin never got a real chance to develop as a character, but his concept and origin were interesting and had potential.
Duuuuude......

Dont change your opinion, but man....

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Or it could become an actual club and he could be closer to the original oni mythology.

Eh whatever him not being in doesn't put my balls in a knot.

I seriously hope that if they put in Mavado they straight up have him use the grapple hooks as his weapons and drop the idea of having Kabal's hookswords. It fits more his character anyway.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
i have nothing against Drahmin, but this is for the better. we just spent two years trying to get a character back in DOA in Freestepdodge and TN trolled the fans with teasers until they finally just released a new character that just stole their move set

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Thats what i like to hear boon!!

Honestly, the only 3D characters i even like are Kenshi, Ashrah (her costume was garbage though), and Sareena. They rest could be never seen again for all i care.

eh Havik could make a return. thatd be ok. lol

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Even if they did give a shit about him, unless they change how they do their animation system(or w/e), they can't have characters with asymmetrical weapons anyway.

Either his club hand would have to go, or he would have to use two.
Why can't they have characters with asymmetrical weapons, exactly?

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
i have nothing against Drahmin, but this is for the better. we just spent two years trying to get a character back in DOA in Freestepdodge and TN trolled the fans with teasers until they finally just released a new character that just stole their move set
Tengu with tits.

I don't think I've ever wanted to dissociate from wanting to play a game as fast as that reveal.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Why can't they have characters with asymmetrical weapons, exactly?
Because they don't mirror the character depending on what side of the screen they are.

So each character has a front and back side, and when you use a normal like a jab, which hand is used depends on if your front or back is facing the camera.

That's why all the weapons in the game can be switched between hands, and why Freddy Krueger randomly has two claw gloves.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Because they don't mirror the character depending on what side of the screen they are.

So each character has a front and back side, and when you use a normal like a jab, which hand is used depends on if your front or back is facing the camera.

That's why all the weapons in the game can be switched between hands, and why Freddy Krueger randomly has two claw gloves.
I'm pretty sure they could code a way for it to work. It's not something that could break an engine.

Kobra and Mokap are the only 3D characters who don't deserve a second chance imo, from the top of my head.
Boon is probably just saving Drahmin's slot for another joke character. Sigh... I can think of many characters that make the game much less serious looking than Drahmin.