What's new

Drahmin unlikely to make it in to Mortal Kombat X roster, says Boon

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I only had DA on my gameboy Advance. I dont think I've heard of this character before today while reading that tweet and this thread.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm pretty sure they could code a way for it to work. It's not something that could break an engine.
They would have to turn his club hand into an actual club, or have him have two.
Because it actually does break how the game works, it works like this in both Injustice and MK9.

Freddy with dual claw hands is not something that should have ever been allowed to happen.

It's a really stupid limitation that's probably because the engine and code were built upon 3D games.
I hope they radically overhaul their engine for MKx and remove this and the stupid ass stance switch button.

I would have loved to see Drahmin back. He has a rad design, decent enough story and could have made for a great power-house kinda character.

But come on, anyone that's followed Boon would've known that Drahmin had no chance. He stated this years ago.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
It's not even that I 100% wouldn't want Drahmin i because I don't like him, I just don't think he should be in at the cost of literally any other MK character not making it lol.

Maasik

Noob
Just food for thought.. but what they could do is just make his club arm start higher up. Like right after his elbow the club starts, and if it's still too large just make the club shorter/thinner. Then give both arms the same properties.

Decay

King of the Bill
It doesn't matter who's in or not in. NRS will develop the character completely different than they were in the old games, they just might maintain a slight similarity in style and aesthetics. Even the most hated old character could be reworked to a design that everyone loves in MKx

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
If the "Netherrealm onslaught" that Shinnok mentioned means anything then Drahmin should have a cameo in MKX at the very least.

Boon pls

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Tanya, sareena and fujin will be in the game, this is guaranteed.

Thank god drahmin will not make it, more chances for kia, Jataaka, and the great kung lao

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
People over here sure have strange character preferences. Drahmin had so much potential as a character and he is disliked. But so much support for Reiko who seems like such a non creative character. And Tremor ??? My god !

I absolutely wanted Drahmin in the game.

He was a hell of a lot more interesting than Tremor or Lei Mei.

Seriously, off the top of your head and without looking shit up, does anyone even remember what Lei Mei's deal was? No. No, you don't.
Her village was captured by the Deadly Alliance and her people were forced to build Shang Tsung's palace, so Shangers offered her and her people freedom if she participated in the tournament and won.

I'm like 99% sure that's the case.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Her village was captured by the Deadly Alliance and her people were forced to build Shang Tsung's palace, so Shangers offered her and her people freedom if she participated in the tournament and won.

I'm like 99% sure that's the case.
Her prize was having her soul sucked into a dead soldier's remains until Bo'Rai Cho freed her. Her soul was tainted and was being drawn towards Onaga....

Her prize was having her soul sucked into a dead soldier's remains until Bo'Rai Cho freed her. Her soul was tainted and was being drawn towards Onaga....
Bo' Rai Cho actually saved her from that happening, but yeah, it did eventually lead to her siding with the bad guys. I don't remember too much about her Armageddon story.

Cody

Noob
At this rate, all we have to do is ask Boon about every character. If he says unlikely, it's a no. If he says he can't answer or doesn't answer us, we know they're a possibility or already in the game.