What's new

DEVASTATION 2011 :: Oct 7-9 :: Phoenix, AZ

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Poor Pig lol, hes asking all the right questions but doesnt realize we are all just as lost and confused as he is haha.

At any rate, brackets be damned, Im still looking foward to more great matches.
Lol I'm just glad I'm not the only one - thought I was taking crazy pills

REO and Brady had to win everything to get into top 8 but Marvaz and Morty lost twice and are both in top 8? Cant wait to see how they deal with Grand Finals. Loser wins!
Losses are reset in top 8. Winning the pool just decides seeding...the #1 seed from pool 1 plays the #2 seed from pool 4, and #2 seed from 1 plays #1 seed from 4. Same goes for pool 2 vs. pool 3.

Basically each pool is its own separate mini-tournament. Weird, I know.

BTW here are results from other games that I could figure out from stream archives:

AE Pool 1 = Wolfkrone (#1), Alex Valle (#2). Filipino Champ and Kineda were also in this pool.
AE Pool 2 = unclear from the stream archives, assuming Latif and Ricky Ortiz got out.

MvC3 Pool 1 = Viscant (#1), Chrisis (#2). Filipino Champ and ShadyK were in here, Champ got taken out by Mailorder's Arthur but yall know about that by now!
MvC3 Pool 2 = Justin Wong (#1), Andre (#2). KillerKai was 3rd.

Blazblue results: 1st = Tubazo, 2nd = a Litchi player (Ryuudo?), 3rd = a Tager who wasn't Jan. Jan (SBO qualifier) got taken out by a Carl, hooray for BB matchups.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So basically the two pools that played yesterday get today off? wtf. I've never been to a tourney of video games... but in basketball and baseball... usually you want to keep your momentum rolling.

BTW, This game has some hype matches, because of its pace. I mean, 16bit and Brady turned that average Kung Lao mirror into a hype machine. I love it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think it's safe to say Kabal has now exceeded UMK3 Tier.

If more people learn to shoot like REO, we're all several kinds of screwed.

Somberness

Lights
Man, I don't think I'm going to even bother trying to follow this tomorrow. What a mess. That, and the iAF dash change shit was genuinely pissing me off, I appreciate REO trying to show NRS how to balance their own fucking game but my god...when will NRS' incompetence fucking end?
Dash blocking speed appears to be the same as it always was. And Kabal could always do that, I think the issue is just the character. I'll probably do a study on each character's projectile game, somehow I think he will win easily.

It sucks that I am missing the entire stream today... but I'll check it on replay.

lmfao this is perfect

arizona runs the worst major ive ever seen AND looks dumber than ever after all their shit talk? 16 bit = MVP of this clusterfuck

i didnt even know they were talking about him like that, hmm yes the guy who beat unconkable & slips & li joe & onlinetony didnt deserve top 8. thank you for your insight, juicebox fan club!

good luck with your ~E-Sports Extravaganza~, guys. i've already been telling people around the EC & midwest not to go since last year (sorry, a weekend of djwheat on the house mic is not my idea of fun), so thanks for making my job easier with your hydra brackets and god knows what else!

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I've been saying for a LONG time that I always felt Kabal is the best in the game. I will not be surprised if REO wins this cluster fuck of a tournament

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I don't get why you guys are acting like all this kabal stuff is new. Michael Angelo won 2 tourneys with kabal.

Kabals IAFs isn't the problem, the problem is kabal being able to special cancel into spin.
Like cyrax his problem never was the resets it was always the fact he could pop out 2 ( now 3 ) Bombs and a net on screen at once that's the problem. Should be a combo of 2 - 1 bomb 1 net or 2 bombs etc.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Actually I disagree with that, I think iAGBs are the biggest problem with Kabal. They make a lot of the more dedicated zoning characters pointless, they shut down up-close characters, and are also why the dash nerf is currently a problem. I actually think the dash nerf would be a good thing without that, since it helps out Sindel/Stryker/et al.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Actually I disagree with that, I think iAGBs are the biggest problem with Kabal. They make a lot of the more dedicated zoning characters pointless, they shut down up-close characters, and are also why the dash nerf is currently a problem. I actually think the dash nerf would be a good thing without that, since it helps out Sindel/Stryker/et al.
Sindel & stryker have no problem dealing with IAF from kabal they can zone fine with that it's when they get up close. The other zoning characters have a teleport. He shouldn't lose the IAF stuff. The problem is he's great up close and from far away.

I told everyone from day one the problem with Lao was his low hat not his spin, it took them 5 patches to finally listen.
Take away kabals dash cancel block stun and he comes down a notch.

Same with cyrax he's still killer with 60% plus combos. It was never and still isn't the resets that's the problem, it's the fact he can put out so much shit on screen at once.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I remember DrDogg saying something like "Those Kitana players are going to be in for a surprise when they come here and play people who actually know how to fight her". Good job 16bit, I agree with funkdoc. MVP of Devastation no matter how he does in top 8.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I remember DrDogg saying something like "Those Kitana players are going to be in for a surprise when they come here and play people who actually know how to fight her".
Yeah, lots of people remember that. He's going to get blown up on the forums for that lol. When you talk shit, you better back it up. Clearly people weren't beating Kitana in AZ, they were just beating up Dr Dogg.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
How are all the gay boys other then reo doing?
Mr mileena, playgurl( Kip stern) not sure what name he's using for this tourney), there's a bunch of others but I'm drawing a blank on who they are I forget lol

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
I think it's safe to say Kabal has now exceeded UMK3 Tier.

If more people learn to shoot like REO, we're all several kinds of screwed.
I can shoot like that. There's actually a trick to it, and a big reason why "Hitbox Kabal" is godlike... lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I can shoot like that. There's actually a trick to it, and a big reason why "Hitbox Kabal" is godlike... lol
Hitbox Kabal and Kang (even Mileena, to an extent) scare the shit outta me.

I hope 16 Bit tears it up. Big teddy bear dude with the best rep, cracking me up on stream, going out and cutting 'em up...hell yes.
REO bringing the pain with Kabal is probably gonna turn into the next KL Nerf debate, but it happens.
Brady rollin' with the Sub Train again = $$$.
And I had no idea MK had an offshoot gay clan. That rules. I love boobs, but I also greatly enjoy watching fabulous fellows fab it up.
I blame my mom for making me watch Sex And The City every sunday while waiting for Oz to come on. Lol.

Tim Static

Adminerator
lmfao this is perfect

arizona runs the worst major ive ever seen AND looks dumber than ever after all their shit talk? 16 bit = MVP of this clusterfuck

i didnt even know they were talking about him like that, hmm yes the guy who beat unconkable & slips & li joe & onlinetony didnt deserve top 8. thank you for your insight, juicebox fan club!

good luck with your ~E-Sports Extravaganza~, guys. i've already been telling people around the EC & midwest not to go since last year (sorry, a weekend of djwheat on the house mic is not my idea of fun), so thanks for making my job easier with your hydra brackets and god knows what else!