What's new

DEVASTATION 2011 :: Oct 7-9 :: Phoenix, AZ

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
afaik marvaz and brady are in top 8.
marvaz beat that ermac player who got a wildcard in losers semis due to wongs absence in losers finals.
They have it set up to only have a top 4.
Kamikaze had Marvaz on the ropes and then lost it. Lots of the matches were close, regardless of the level of play. Made for a fun watch.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
afaik marvaz and brady are in top 8.
marvaz beat that ermac player (who got a wildcard in losers semis due to wongs absence) in losers finals.
You missed what happened after. Apparently the format of the tourney is that each pool has a grand finals, so it is a top 4 instead of a top 8. Marvaz is out, losing to Brady 3-2 in finals.

edit: way for me to be #3 to post this.

I believe you missed the "pool grand finals" after that match. Brady and Marvaz played again, with Marvaz using Cage all the way and Brady winning 3-2. They said that was to decide which 1 player would move on, as I guess they're only doing top 4?
i was expecting pools grand finals but i didnt see it happen then i turned off.

afaik top 8 in this tourney are

winner pool 1 - 2nd pool 4
winner pool 4 - 2nd pool 1

etc.

so thats what they did it for.

No, multiple people have confirmed that only top 4 get out of pools. Don't ask me why but that's what's happening.

Altaire

Noob
Okay, so what's going on? I just found out the pools are still going on for MK9, REO's pool is being played right now. Please tell me SOMEONE is covering this, because the main stream is doing Blazblue right now.

Okay, so what's going on? I just found out the pools are still going on for MK9, REO's pool is being played right now. Please tell me SOMEONE is covering this, because the main stream is doing Blazblue right now.
they started 2 hrs late so we might miss at least the beginning of that pool til blaz blue is finished.

Heard through the grapevine that LK-520 lost an extremely close set to Aris in the Smoke mirror, and Tyrant won over REO! These were winner's bracket.

this tournament fails so far. 2 hrs late, boring pool streamed amazing pool not streamed, tournament conditions changed in the middle of it (wtf???). bleh.

Apparently REO vs. Tyrant was just casuals and Tyrant plays tomorrow. 16 Bit is in pool 3. Pool 2 has crazy # of people and they're running 2 separate tournaments in it then having the 2 winners play gfs to decide top 8 seeding.

Oh yeah that's the other thing, they ARE having top 8 on Sunday and the pool grand finals are just for seeding in top 8 bracket. So Marvaz is still in.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
Apparently REO vs. Tyrant was just casuals and Tyrant plays tomorrow. 16 Bit is in pool 3. Pool 2 has crazy # of people and they're running 2 separate tournaments in it then having the 2 winners play gfs to decide top 8 seeding.

Oh yeah that's the other thing, they ARE having top 8 on Sunday and the pool grand finals are just for seeding in top 8 bracket. So Marvaz is still in.
... lol

This tournament is depressing... real talk...

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
IAF

How on earth are you supposed to beat that shit from Kabal ? And the MU for Ermac vs Kabal is 5-5 ? Yeah sure....

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Well done, NRS. Well done. Kabal's iAF is ridiculous with the block dash change. Idiots, all of you.