So.. So far its
Reo
Marvaz
Morty Seinfield
Tom brady
More pools tomorrow? i tuned in kinda late :/

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
ID LIKE DR DOGG or someone with credentials to explain the f ing raging dissapointment i felt while watching this tournament crumble in shambles in the department of organization.

What the hell is going on now?

Top 4? top 8?

What the hell happened in reo's and morty's pool?

Is marvaz still in ?

brackets reset in top 8? is there a top 4?

Does marvaz know he might not be eliminated?

Does anyone know?

Why did Tom and Marvaz get changed from 2/3 to 3/5 ?

Streams 5 hours late?

No commentator knows anything about MK? (Props to tom and 16 bit saving the day)

No commentator knows anything about the way the tournament is being ran because apparently no one does?

Just what is going on?!?!?!?

Ive never seen so much chaos in my life

Also When will MK be streamed tomorrow? Can we bank on this that it will happen?

**Frustrated

Congrats to REO AND TOM, and i dont know who the hell else to congratulate because i dont know if morty, marvaz or anyone still in.

Brady confirmed that pool grand finals are just for top 8 seeding purposes. So Brady and REO are #1 seeds, Marvaz and Morty are #2 seeds.

So because of the way pool 2 was run, theres going to be 2 9th placers and 2 13th placers just from that pool. lmfao

top 18? placings so far:

9th. Aris (Smoke)
9th. Ruin (Kung Lao)
9th. Kamikaze (Ermac)
13th. LK-520 (Smoke, Kung Lao)
13th. The Man Now Known as Brice (Kung Lao, Noob)
13th. Runaway Mafia (Kitana, Johnny Cage)

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Brady confirmed that pool grand finals are just for top 8 seeding purposes. So Brady and REO are #1 seeds, Marvaz and Morty are #2 seeds.

So because of the way pool 2 was run, theres going to be 2 9th placers and 2 13th placers just from that pool. lmfao

top 18? placings so far:

9th. Aris (Smoke)
9th. Ruin (Kung Lao)
9th. Kamikaze (Ermac)
13th. LK-520 (Smoke, Kung Lao)
13th. The Man Now Known as Brice (Kung Lao, Noob)
13th. Runaway Mafia (Kitana)
lol who's running this mickey mouse outfit?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Man, I don't think I'm going to even bother trying to follow this tomorrow. What a mess. That, and the iAF dash change shit was genuinely pissing me off, I appreciate REO trying to show NRS how to balance their own fucking game but my god...when will NRS' incompetence fucking end?

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
For those who didnt bother reading the devastation thread

In essence, each of these Qualifying Tournaments are stand-alone events; you can only enter one of the scheduled events for a specific title and there is a prize for the winner. The top two players in each of the Qualifying Tournaments will be asked to compete in a Grand Final Invitational Tournament. As the Grand Final Tournament is a stand-alone tournament, losses do not carry over and all the players have an equal chance to win it all.

For example: Marvel vs Capcom 3 will have four Qualifying Tournaments, two on Friday and two on Saturday. You can only sign up for one of these tournaments and, the winner of each tournament will take home a gift card or equivalent value in cash. The first and second place player from each of the four tournaments are allowed to compete in an eight-player Grand Final Invitational Tournament bracket on Sunday. The top three placers in the Grand Final Invitational Tournament win a portion of the $5,000 prize money.

To add to that example... if you and three friends attend DEVASTATION and want to compete in the Marvel vs Capcom 3 tournament, each of you can register in a different tournament and NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PLAYING EACH OTHER! That is, of course, unless you each win and get moved on to the Grand Final Invitational Tournament. This bracket will be seeded as follows:
- Tournament 1, 1st Place Player vs Tournament 4, 2nd Place Player
- Tournament 2, 1st Place Player vs Tournament 3, 2nd Place Player
- Tournament 3, 1st Place Player vs Tournament 2, 2nd Place Player
- Tournament 4, 1st Place Player vs Tournament 1, 2nd Place Player

Cat

Aris def lost to Reo, I saw that on the stream. Not sure about his other loss. Aris can really play, he is stupid good with smoke. Reo took it but it was a hell of a match.
aris first lost was reo as well.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I don't understand why Aris doesn't put more time into this game. He is clearly good and hasn't played since Evo they said. So it's amazing he had such a good mach with Reo who plays this game consistently. I believe if Aris put more time in he would easily be winning tournaments.

Side note...this tournaments is all kinds of fucked.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
I don't understand why Aris doesn't put more time into this game. He is clearly good and hasn't played since Evo they said. So it's amazing he had such a good mach with Reo who plays this game consistently. I believe if Aris put more time in he would easily be winning tournaments.

He plays it if its available, and since its not hosted by WNF anymore, he doesn't play. Props to Aris for supporting though, I admire that.

OK guys, while looking through the stream archives I found some great ammunition for our Evo argument.

As some of you probably heard, MK9 drew somewhere around 180 players at Devastation. MvC3 had 200ish, to give you an idea. I was thinking people would just make the excuse that all the tourneys were free to enter so MK got a bunch of random people who were there for other games...

Then I learned that Blazblue only had 35-40 players total. Great job, MK community!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

He is mainly a Tekken 6 player

KingShaz

In the Shadows
[EDIT]: Storms has posted an article on the front page regarding the devastation schedule, check it out.

Just a reminder for those of you who don't already know.

Today's Devastation Schedule:

8:00 AM. Registration Opens
9:00 AM. Event Opens
9:00 AM. Areas open for casuals
10:00 AM. Madden NFL 12, Tournament 3
10:00 AM. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Tournament 3
11:00 AM. Heroes of Newerth, Tournament
11:00 AM. Mortal Kombat, Tournament 3
11:00 AM. Gears of War 3, Tournament 1
12:00 PM. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Singles), Tournament 1
12:00 PM. Costume Contest: Open/Any Costume Theme (Under 12 Only)
1:00 PM. Costume Contest: Open/Any Costume Theme
1:00 PM. Marvel vs Capcom 3, Tournament 3
2:00 PM. FIFA 12, Tournament 2
2:00 PM. Rock! Paper! Scissors!, Tournament 3
3:00 PM. Mortal Kombat, Tournament 4
3:00 PM. Madden NFL 12, Tournament 4
3:00 PM. Dance Central, Tournament
4:00 PM. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Tournament 4
4:00 PM. Gears of War 3, Tournament 2
4:00 PM. SoulCalibur IV, Tournament
5:00 PM. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Singles), Tournament 4
6:00 PM. Marvel vs Capcom 3, Tournament 4
7:00 PM. Rock! Paper! Scissors!, Tournament 4
7:00 PM. Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix, Tournament
8:00 PM. Gears of War 3, Tournament Finals
8:00 PM. Rockband 3, Tournament
11:00 PM. Event Closes

Here's the tentative schedule for today's events. MK and Other fighters have been bolded. You can find the rest of the Tentative schedule Here .

Pig Of The Hut

Anyone else find it funny that reo beat aris twice and Aris is eliminated where as Tom beat Marvazz twice and Marvaz is in top 8 for Sunday?

Am I missing something?

KingShaz

In the Shadows
Anyone else find it funny that reo beat aris twice and Aris is eliminated where as Tom beat Marvazz twice and Marvaz is in top 8 for Sunday?

Am I missing something?
Aside from the fact that the tourney was horribly organized and no one knows what's going on?...

Then No, you're not missing much.

Cat

Am I missing something?
Also morty loss to reo twice like aris. But he makes top 8 :p

Yep Pig, that was precisely the problem here. If the people there had a brain, we would've had Reo vs. Morty in winners finals, then most likely Morty vs. Aris in losers finals. That would've been a damn good match too...

BTW, I guess they started doing the pool grand finals crap for Capcom games too. I didn't see it for MvC3 pool 1, but they did it for pool 2.

Pig Of The Hut

I couldn't agree more funkdoc I think that should have happened and would had been fantastic fight.

This tourney is stressing me out and I'm not even in it

I'll say this due to the lack of organization and constant changes MAJOR PROPS TO WHOEVER WINS cause we all at home know u had to fight your ass off to get through the players and confusion.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Poor Pig lol, hes asking all the right questions but doesnt realize we are all just as lost and confused as he is haha.

At any rate, brackets be damned, Im still looking foward to more great matches.

All I got for today so far is that 16 Bit is in pool 3, and Mr. Mileena will be making his tournament debut in pool 4. Tyrant, Detroitballn, and Bw1zz are all in there somewhere, not sure about any other big names.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This tournament is goin crazy :O

REO and Brady had to win everything to get into top 8 but Marvaz and Morty lost twice and are both in top 8? Cant wait to see how they deal with Grand Finals. Loser wins!