What's new

DEVASTATION 2011 :: Oct 7-9 :: Phoenix, AZ

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Man, so im getting to phoenix a day early.. Which is thursday and the people im rooming with arent arriving until friday afternoon! Can anyone take me in for that night!? I am house broken, very funny and easily entertained!! Lol, really tho.. Can anyone help me out that night!? Lemmie kno asap!!

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Man, so im getting to phoenix a day early.. Which is thursday and the people im rooming with arent arriving until friday afternoon! Can anyone take me in for that night!? I am house broken, very funny and easily entertained!! Lol, really tho.. Can anyone help me out that night!? Lemmie kno asap!!
I can maybe help you out. What time are you arriving?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Your use of "pro" and "online" in the same statement is silly imo.

All jokes aside, Freddy and Skarlett have been banned at DEV since the creation of this thread. While some people may have experience against these characters online (or even offline), up until today everyone was under the assumption both characters were banned. Mains of these characters who are planning to attend have known that they won't be able to use them at the event and should have planned accordingly (as I'm sure they did).

We're not going to make a last minute change on banned characters. It would have a far more adverse effect on the situation compared to maintaining the ban.

In place of Spooky, we will be using our local streamers, Team Hazmat. Level Up is still on board, and we'll most likely have a third stream for either HoN or Gears (or possibly both).
When will you post Stream time and stream links that are accurate so us unfortunate to go can support and watch?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
[EDIT]

When is the last day and time you could register at the event? And how exactly do pools work? Is it possible for me to get into the Saturday 3:00pm pools? Or are those recurring brackets of Fridays?

DrDogg

Noob
When will you post Stream time and stream links that are accurate so us unfortunate to go can support and watch?
The stream link in the OP will have all three streams listed. However, I will post the stream schedule tomorrow so you know which stream and what time to tune in for all of the MK action.

At least one of the streams will feature MK during 3 of the 4 pools, plus top 8 on Sunday. The 4th pool will be AT LEAST partially streamed. There's a conflict with Soul Calibur for the Saturday evening pool, so we may only stream the start of that MK pool, then move to Soul Calibur (there's only one SC4 pool, compared to four MK pools).

[EDIT]

When is the last day and time you could register at the event? And how exactly do pools work? Is it possible for me to get into the Saturday 3:00pm pools? Or are those recurring brackets of Fridays?
You must register by Saturday at noon to get into the 3pm pool. There's a three hour black out before each pool so we have time to finalize brackets.

Meh... She's not black :/
Racist! No wonder you lost your soul. ;)

lobo

woof.
3 am...waiting for laundry...drunk...too pumped to sleep...too mad at dark soul's to play any games....

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

see you all on friday. i dropped MK a couple months back but i'm in for casuals all weekend at the venue or at hyatt.

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

awwwwww. deliverer of the single worst psn beat down i ever received and one of the peeps i was hoping to meet. :( we'll have to catch ya next year.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I would love to know what time the mk and soul calibur stream is taking place. I work until 1 tomorrow afternoon so it would be nice to know if I'm gonna miss it so I don't get my hopes up lol. Also will the stream be archived?

DrDogg

Noob
LIVE STREAM:
http://www.twitch.tv/devevent - Level | Up
http://www.twitch.tv/devastationevent - Team HazMat
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondgaming - Beyond Gaming

Stream Schedules

Level | Up

Friday
9:00:00 Pre-Game Show
10:00:00 Marvel vs. Capcom 3
13:00:00 Super Street Fighter IV
16:00:00 Marvel vs. Capcom 3
18:00:00 Super Street Fighter IV

Saturday
9:00:00 Pre-Game Show
10:00:00 Super Street Fighter IV
13:00:00 Marvel vs. Capcom 3
15:00:00 Mortal Kombat
16:00:00 Soul Calibur IV
18:00:00 Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Team Haz-Mat

Friday
10:00:00 Mortal Kombat
13:00:00 Blazblue
15:00:00 Mortal Kombat
16:00:00 Marvel vs. Capcom 3
18:00:00 Tekken 6

Saturday
10:00:00 Mortal Kombat
13:00:00 Marvel vs. Capcom 3
16:00:00 Super Street Fighter IV
19:00:00 Super Street Fighter II HDR

Beyond Gaming

Friday
11:00:00 Heroes of Newerth

Saturday

Sunday
2:00:00 League of Legends

@DrDoggg out of those 3 links, which one would be the Gears of War 3 stream, when it's turn is on? We at GoWNation.net are trying to sort this out.

Thanks.

-Karried

so overall placings from first pool...

Tom Brady (Sub-Zero) qualifies for top 4 on Sunday
5th. Marvaz (Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero)
9th. Kamikaze (Ermac)

Justin Wong and Juicebox were also in this pool. Justin forfeited after being sent to losers by Marvaz in order to focus on Marvel.

So it looks like there will be a 4-way tie for 5th since only top 4 get out of pools...wish we could have full top 8 on Sunday.

2nd pool will be played later tonight. REO and MortySeinfeld are in it, also there is supposedly a "dark horse" in there...

so overall placings from first pool...

Tom Brady (Sub-Zero) qualifies for top 4 on Sunday
5th. Marvaz (Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero)
9th. Kamikaze (Ermac)

Justin Wong and Juicebox were also in this pool. Justin forfeited after being sent to losers by Marvaz in order to focus on Marvel.

So it looks like there will be a 4-way tie for 5th since only top 4 get out of pools...wish we could have full top 8 on Sunday.
afaik marvaz and brady are in top 8.
marvaz beat that ermac player (who got a wildcard in losers semis due to wongs absence) in losers finals.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Congrats to Tom Brady for putting on a great show with the new and improved Subzero. Nobody does Subby better.

afaik marvaz and brady are in top 8.
marvaz beat that ermac player who got a wildcard in losers semis due to wongs absence in losers finals.
I believe you missed the "pool grand finals" after that match. Brady and Marvaz played again, with Marvaz using Cage all the way and Brady winning 3-2. They said that was to decide which 1 player would move on, as I guess they're only doing top 4?

KingShaz

In the Shadows
Saw Tom play, he was impressive. Kept Marvaz JC in check the entire match, great job on that.
Congrats to Marvaz as well, really impressed with that JC.