What's new

Day 1 Patch Coming for MKX (Update is confirmed w/ PreLoad)

E

Eldriken

If you pre-ordered the game digitally, you can now start the download. If your system is set to automatically download updates and the like while in Rest Mode, it should have started already. However, just to be sure, I would check that way you can make sure it's ready for midnight.

Secondly, the day 1 patch is also available to download AND install. So, if people who got the game early haven't gotten the patch yet, I would suggest downloading it ASAP and see if the netcode has been improved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juffalo

Noob
Sorry, so just to clarify: do you mean the game is playable right now after downloading ? Or this is just a pre-load that unlocks at 9pm Monday night ?

wishful thinking getting the better of me

E

Eldriken

Sorry, so just to clarify: do you mean the game is playable right now after downloading ? Or this is just a pre-load that unlocks at 9pm Monday night ?

wishful thinking getting the better of me
It's just available to download. If you look at the picture, it has a lock icon, which means it's currently locked.

Juffalo

Noob
It's just available to download. If you look at the picture, it has a lock icon, which means it's currently locked.
Thanks man, these last few days are becoming incredibly trying. If my gamestop store isn't doing a midnight release I'm going to cancel my pre-order and go prep my digital copy.

E

Eldriken

accidentally installed the patch before the game was downloaded and installed, will this cause any problems?
Nope.

Thanks man, these last few days are becoming incredibly trying. If my gamestop store isn't doing a midnight release I'm going to cancel my pre-order and go prep my digital copy.
I'd go with digital anyway. That way you can play the instant it comes out. Call me impatient if you will, but that's why I opted to not go to a midnight release. I'd have to wait upwards of an hour afterwards to start playing it due to waiting in line, travel time, etc.

WynterEnd

Your sacrifice honors me!
Is this for Xbox too? On Xbox I see where to download the game, goro, and the samurai pack. No patch

E

Eldriken

Is this for Xbox too? On Xbox I see where to download the game, goro, and the samurai pack. No patch
In all honesty, I couldn't tell you. I don't know how the Xbox One handles patches. If it's anything like the 360, it won't allow you to download it until you start the game.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I'm severely ignorant about how the PS4 and digital downloads work. I have it preorderd, should it appear on my homepage but be locked? Or is it because it hasn't started downloading for me yet?

WynterEnd

Your sacrifice honors me!
In all honesty, I couldn't tell you. I don't know how the Xbox One handles patches. If it's anything like the 360, it won't allow you to download it until you start the game.
Goro and Samurai pack are downloaded and installed, and my game is 56% right now. Just not seeing a patch, thanks for the reply tho!