What's new

Current Injustice Tier List by Forever King

NKZero

Noob
Funny, I've never actually seen someone make a tier list that I could 100 % agree with. I'd always have at least 1 or 2 characters I'd place higher or lower....

But everything in this list seems good. Not that my opinion carries any weight at all here, but I 100 % agree: well done sir :)
Well at least we aren't downplaying Lex....I know how good he is lol.

Thank you for your kind words :).

He said "I can't even get over 40% midscreen with meter unless it's off a jump in, and any character can do that"

All of these are off of jump ins, and 112 isn't a reliable punisher without a jump in since it's duckable and has little range. Also none of those resets are guaranteed.

I didn't make the video lol and I don't even play Ares, saw the video tried the combo, it works, 41% no meter did it in the only match I've played with Ares online... So my original post saying that Ares can get 40% without meter is still valid.

And re read what you quoted. He said he can only get 40% with meter off of a jump in, the video is 41% WITHOUT METER!

That would be incredibly difficult. Let's take Bane for example. He's extremely easy to pick up. Very hard to master at high level. Superman/Batman are easy to use for both. Plus what might be easy for you might be hard for others
We can say the same for regular tier lists. This might actually be fun too.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I didn't make the video lol and I don't even play Ares, saw the video tried the combo, it works, 41% no meter did it in the only match I've played with Ares online... So my original post saying that Ares can get 40% without meter is still valid.

And re read what you quoted. He said he can only get 40% with meter off of a jump in, the video is 41% WITHOUT METER!
I might have phrased it poorly, but the point was that you need the jump in to get over 40% and most of the cast can do that. It's not like he's getting huge meterless damage(or even huge damage in general) and meterless damage isn't particularly important in this game most of the time

I might have phrased it poorly, but the point was that you need the jump in to get over 40% and most of the cast can do that. It's not like he's getting huge meterless damage(or even huge damage in general) and meterless damage isn't particularly important in this game most of the time

Ares can get 40% without meter, and then do a god smack and get another 40% and just keep it going. Yes you can get out of the reset, but that's his game. And if that doesn't work he has some of the best fireballs in the game, he can zone, teleport start more mixs ups, and that's all I'm saying. Ares has a ton of tools including good damage to be low tier. Like I said, mid tier for sure.

And whats with down playing jump ins? this is a 2D fighting game, jump ins are part of the game, and they work. Look at Batman, that's he's whole game plan, jump on your head until it works.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Ares can get 40% without meter, and then do a god smack and get another 40% and just keep it going. Yes you can get out of the reset, but that's his game. And if that doesn't work he has some of the best fireballs in the game, he can zone, teleport start more mixs ups, and that's all I'm saying. Ares has a ton of tools including good damage to be low tier. Like I said, mid tier for sure.
No offense, but you're making really bad points, and you're making them against people who have played Ares since day 1 and know the in and out of the character.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
So everything I said is wrong? OK then!
Well, it's not right either.

Ares has the worst wakeup in the entire game, literally the entire cast can easily full combo punish on reaction to any of his wakeups, no guessing needed.

There are a lot more specific problems with him that I don't know about and I'm not going to act like I do know them, but Ares is a bad character in a game filled with good ones.

Ares is annoying to fight online because it's hard to react to GodSmack/Tele, but that's because theres lag. Once you know the MU and can figure out what to do against Ares, he's pretty bad.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Ares has the worst wakeup in the entire game, literally the entire cast can easily full combo punish on reaction to any of his wakeups, no guessing needed.

There are a lot more specific problems with him that I don't know about and I'm not going to act like I do know them, but Ares is a bad character in a game filled with good ones.

Ares is annoying to fight online because it's hard to react to GodSmack/Tele, but that's because theres lag. Once you know the MU and can figure out what to do against Ares, he's pretty bad.
You cant really have a good judgement on Ares unless you play one offline, IMO

I still think people kinda underrate him, but w/e

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
You cant really have a good judgement on Ares unless you play one offline, IMO

I still think people kinda underrate him, but w/e
I think he's at the top of bottom five or maybe 6, but most people think Ares is fine and they should buff the other low tier characters. If that happens Ares will literally be the worst in game.

That's the biggest problem with this game. No one thinks, they just mash out a wake up attack. What ever happened to wake up BLOCK! Try to get a read instead of panic and mashing shit out.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
That's the biggest problem with this game. No one thinks, they just mash out a wake up attack. What ever happened to wake up BLOCK! Try to get a read instead of panic and mashing shit out.
In a game full of safe wakeup attacks, Ares has the exact opposite.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This works for some characters. Ares up close game is sub par, so this doesnt help him much.

4x4lo8o

Noob
http://testyourmight.com/threads/countering-aress-wake-up-attacks-tutorial-by-4x4lo8o.37845/

Blocking doesn't help. He doesn't have wake ups that get you out when you're supposed to be able to get out.

Also keep in mind that a few minutes ago you were talking up Ares reset, which mashing out a wake up without thinking will get you out of. Most characters in this game have strong wake ups. Not having strong wake ups in a game where most of the cast does is a huge weakness

http://testyourmight.com/threads/countering-aress-wake-up-attacks-tutorial-by-4x4lo8o.37845/

Blocking doesn't help. He doesn't have wake ups that get you out when you're supposed to be able to get out.

Also keep in mind that a few minutes ago you were talking up Ares reset, which mashing out a wake up without thinking will get you out of. Most characters in this game have strong wake ups. Not having strong wake ups in a game where most of the cast does is a huge weakness

I main the Joker, he has no wake ups I get it. How does blocking not help? You block and punish. So you can't get out right away, well sorry, but block some more.

And I never said Ares resets are perfect, they work, I did mention that you can get out of them, but they still work and are still valid, and a huge put of his game.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I main the Joker, he has no wake ups I get it. How does blocking not help? You block and punish. So you can't get out right away, well sorry, but block some more.

And I never said Ares resets are perfect, they work, I did mention that you can get out of them, but they still work and are still valid, and a huge put of his game.
Look at the link I posted. Watch the videos. Look at how good blocking is. I demonstrated people doing things that will blow you up for blocking. Those are the situations where you're supposed to wake up, but in Ares case you still can't

Joker doesn't have good wake ups, but his wake up problem isn't on the same level as Ares.

I'm not talking about how good the resets are or aren't. I was making the point that 'mashing out wake ups without thinking' can be viable thing in lots of situations and works for some characters. I'm responding directly to the points you're making, I'm not trying to make a bunch of random arguments about how bad Ares is.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Wake up block. Try it. It works.
If you know your opponent can't wake up against you you can pressure ares forever, if your character has low and overhead combo starters Ares could literally be in 50/50 situations all day and cant do anything about it. By the way that pressure Ares has to deal with are inescapable unlike his "reset"

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
you're saying Shazam is the worst player in the game? and after a couple weeks out zatanna is already 5th worst?
top 4 spot on
No. Espio breaks it down as it is. NO particular order.

Shazam is in the same boat as Scorpion, Joker and Lobo. These characters have too many problems.

I do think Zatanna is bottom 10.