What's new

Confirmed: PS3/X360 MKX Versions Delayed Until Summer

Well that stucks for anyone stuck on the 360/ps3

It's not a priority at this point so you cant say you didnt see this coming.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
I can't see how PS3 and XBOX360 can handle the new game data anyway. MKX is not like Injustice where the game was built originally for PS3 and was just slightly modified for PS4. MKX was built specifically for the PS4/XBOXONE engine and I think the game on last gen consoles will show a considerable amount of inferiority gameplay and visual wise.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I can't see how PS3 and XBOX360 can handle the new game data anyway. MKX is not like Injustice where the game was built originally for PS3 and was just slightly modified for PS4. MKX was built specifically for the PS4/XBOXONE engine and I think the game on last gen consoles will show a considerable amount of inferiority gameplay and visual wise.
They can probably save the gameplay. Rip out the fancy lighting/filters. Drop the texture resolution. Drop the render resolution to <720p. It'll probably work out.

It's running on Unreal Engine 3, same as MK vs DC, MK9, and Injustice.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
They can probably save the gameplay. Rip out the fancy lighting/filters. Drop the texture resolution. Drop the render resolution to <720p. It'll probably work out.

It's running on Unreal Engine 3, same as MK vs DC, MK9, and Injustice.
Then I guess it might work but why play a lower version when you can play it on PS4. I guess some people still haven't switched over to next gen yet.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
oh High Voltage, you suck
Are they doing the mkx ports for last gen and pc? Kinda nervous as i have so many issues with injustice it's not funny on pc And I hope it's not being done by them. Anyone have a confirmation on who's doing the ports?

i wish nrs handled xbone, ps4 & pc mkx.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Sad. Last gen users should start a telethon. Have Sarah Mcloughlan tell the sad story over an infomercial or something.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Then I guess it might work but why play a lower version when you can play it on PS4. I guess some people still haven't switched over to next gen yet.
I think it's because a PS4 is still probably $400 and a TE2 is $200, just to play this game the same as the equipment I already own that plays every other fighter on the market. I don't see enough games to own these new consoles.

That being said, if we get close to the deadline and it's still looking delayed I'll just spend the money now, rejoin the PC world and attend one or two less majors if necessary.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I think it's because a PS4 is still probably $400 and a TE2 is $200, just to play this game the same as the equipment I already own that plays every other fighter on the market. I don't see enough games to own these new consoles.

That being said, if we get close to the deadline and it's still looking delayed I'll just spend the money now, rejoin the PC world and attend one or two less majors if necessary.
In terms of fighters, most of last the gen stuff that is played in tournaments is already on or coming to next gen (Injustice, Ultra Street fighter 4, Guilty Gear, Dead or Alive) not to mention games that will only be played on next gen (Tekken 7, MKX and SFV). After Evo I don't think anyone will be running anything on last gen (maybe the niche anime fighters) and thats only 4 months away.

Also, don't get a TE2. They are not worth it, either get a dual mod or buy the cheaper Hori's and add sanwa parts if you don't like the ones that come stock. Of the 4 next gen sticks I have, the TE2 is my least favorite.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I have xbone so I dont care same as most ppl here I think. Its been known for a while now that last gen port is not made by NRS so people who take this game seriously have already bought a ps4 or xbox one

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah, the folks that haven't switched.

I'm hoping the PC version is good so if I end up building another gaming PC sometime soon, I won't have to play a lower version (PS4) :-D

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Ehh don't really care...Rather there be no version for last-gen then for them to release a bad port tbh. Xbone fo dat win FYM IDC IDC

Last edited:

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
I bought a ps4 pretty much just for mkx lol. Was gonna buy one eventually anyway, but when i heard nrs was only working on next gen, that was the deciding factor. Now I'm really glad i did!

Playing watch dogs on ps4 while impatiently waiting for mkx...