What's new

Confirmed: PS3/X360 MKX Versions Delayed Until Summer

dreemernj

Ambassador
When I watched a video on the Youtube channel Extra Credits, who are 3 game designers, and they say "I'm glad we aren't restricted by past gen video cards and we can finally move forward from the poor graphics we had to settle with"...I think that I'm just agreeing with the consensus. 3 years ago we could have had current gen graphics but 360/PS3 were not up to speed.

Remember when MK4 came out? Everyone was like "Wow, MK in 3D! There's no way graphics can get better than this!" Now we see it and we can see how poor the graphics are. Stop, for some reason, defending poor graphics. It doesn't have feelings, it won't cry.
This seems like a completely understandable response to the sorts of graphics we get in games like MK9 and MKX.

There are games that age very well. That still look amazing years after they came out. Usually its because they pick an art style that is completely achievable on the hardware it was originally released on.

MK9 and MKX both strive for reality. Not in character proportions or in how everybody that ever appeared in MK is basically immortal. But in the sense that the clothes they wear are supposed to look like real cloth or the dirt on the ground is supposed to look like real dirt. The bark on the trees is supposed to look like real bark.

That is attempting to make something look real. But its not going to look real. When a new game comes out and pushes the limits, its the most real looking thing we've seen yet and its impressive. But next generation, when its replaced, its not impressive any more because we've gotten even closer to reality.

I still think ChronoTrigger looks gorgeous. I think TF2 aged fantastically. But MK9 doesn't look good any more.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ever since I heard this was announced, you have two teams then. The A team(NRS current console versions) and the B team(HV versions) lol

@xWildx I agree with your Orchid to Kasumi comparison, Orchid's and a lot of the KI designs remind me a lot of the 3D era MK characters. Very cartoony looking, overly bulky and the hands omg are gigantically, not very proportionate to the rest of the body IMO.

It's why I love ever since MK 9 and MK X more how realistic the characters look.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
So...does this mean I can play MKX on my phone before my 360?

Wow, I get the realities of the sitution from the production end but still, wow.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
For some reason I'm really more and more inclined to just get the limited edition for the Juan even before getting the console itself just to not pay extra for DLC.

Raph

Noob
So what does this mean for Factions Mode? PS4/XBO/PC get a 2 month headstart over PS3/X360? That hardly seems fair. :mad:

Alright, so, as I can see, rumors were confirmed true. Unfortunately, it's sad and a lack of respect for consumers who have already reserved your copy believing that they would receive that on the date previously stipulated. The question for me and my friends is ... which is to say that the game comes out in "summer 2015"? I am Brazilian and I have no idea when this season begins in North American soil ...

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Alright, so, as I can see, rumors were confirmed true. Unfortunately, it's sad and a lack of respect for consumers who have already reserved your copy believing that they would receive that on the date previously stipulated. The question for me and my friends is ... which is to say that the game comes out in "summer 2015"? I am Brazilian and I have no idea when this season begins in North American soil ...
May probably June

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Some of you need to ask yourselves if MKX is worth purchasing a current gen system. HV has a pretty crummy record imo.
They did a good port of mk9 on oc after the last patch that is. Injustice I hate on pc no reason why I can't run that gsme online yet I have no issues running ubisoft games that require crazy specs.

I hope they have improved since injustice pc heh