What's new

Confirmed: PS3/X360 MKX Versions Delayed Until Summer

Kakashi

Noob
It has now been confirmed through multiple media outlets that Mortal Kombat X for last gen consoles will be delayed until the Summer time. No official date has been set by Warner Bros, but the date of June 30th is floating around.

NetherRealm Studios is not developing the delayed version of the game - that would be High Voltage, which are also based out of Chicago. There are no delays for the next gen console versions of Mortal Kombat X as been confirmed by Warner Bros.

"Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment today confirmed that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Mortal Kombat X being developed by High Voltage Software will release this summer," the publisher said. via GameSpot

scorp10banner.png

Original Source (Spanish): http://www.meristation.com/xbox-360/noticias/mortal-kombat-x-se-retrasa-en-ps3-y-xbox-360/1985105/2048535
Additional Source: GameSpot
edited/promoted by STORMS*
Additional Credit: @Onilordasmodeus

Last edited by a moderator:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Honestly people should not be surprised by this, There was a few other games with HV did and they go delayed also on the older consoles. I will agree that it does suck though.

But I think its harder to downgrade graphics rather than upgrading them, and making the game seem the same and still play real smooth on 10 year old tech.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Wouldnt shock me.

Just look at Shadow of Mordor. Dying Light even canceled their last gen version.

Now its the time to jump on the current gen consoles. If you stay on last gen you will be literally last.

Also i can see the differences between last and current gen be bigger than some people believe it to be.

Last edited:

[me]

Noob
I think, this is no fault of the HVS. It's WB politics. Look to the Shadow of Mordor release dates. Past-gen versions are released through 45 days after the next-gen and PC versions.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Wouldnt shock me.

Just look at Shadow of Mordor. Dying Light even canceled their last gen version.

Now its the time to jump on the current gen consoles. If you stay on last gen you will be literally last.

Also i can see the differences between last and current gen be bigger than some people believe it to be.
If your last sentence is referring to graphics, I agree. No fighting game of last gen looks as good as KI does for the XB1. Also, Ryse may have been a launch title, but I still haven't seen a game on the XB1 look as good graphically. Now is the time to jump ship.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If your last sentence is referring to graphics, I agree. No fighting game of last gen looks as good as KI does for the XB1. Also, Ryse may have been a launch title, but I still haven't seen a game on the XB1 look as good graphically. Now is the time to jump ship.

Son, KI on XB1 is hardly visually demanding, at least not on the scale that MKX on PS4/XB1 improves over MK9/IGAU, a 360 port could be done with no compromise. It's only XB1 exclusive as a plugging mechanism.

Wouldnt shock me.

Most tech savvy people are aware of the next gen leap, it's just not done justice by half-assed developers and their "cinematic experience" damage control for not optimizing their work as well as they could be.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
@STRYKIE, nothing about my statement is false. Show me a fighting game from last gen that looks as good as KI graphically. Personally, I believe KI looks good. If you disagree, that is ok because its simply a opinion. I highly doubt KI could be ported as is and play with the same frame rate. Changes would have to be made. For example, the resolution would be lowered to 720p, or maybe some of the games physics would be toned down.

Also, every game that looks good this gen is definitely a cinematic experience riddled with QTE's. Ryse and The Order look great, but both are loaded with QTE's to make the game look even better.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
@STRYKIE, nothing about my statement is false. Show me a fighting game from last gen that looks as good as KI graphically. Personally, I believe KI looks good. If you disagree, that is ok because its simply a opinion. I highly doubt KI could be ported as is and play with the same frame rate. Changes would have to be made. For example, the resolution would be lowered to 720p, or maybe some of the games physics would be toned down.

Also, every game that looks good this gen is definitely a cinematic experience riddled with QTE's. Ryse and The Order look great, but both are loaded with QTE's to make the game look even better.
I'm not saying it doesn't look good, but it's certainly not out of the boundaries of last gen hardware. A game like TTT2 has much more to take into account and still runs locked at 60FPS on PS3/360. I don't think anyone would lose sleep over the resolution being lower, barely any games run at a native 1920x1080 image on last gen hardware anyway.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
How do you know PC won't get delayed? I have been cautiously optimistic since the pc version was announced, but I know the truth of being a PC player.

Hopefully the delay is just because it is hard downgrading.
PC can handle the full potential of the graphics and then some. So I am guessing its just like you stated, the hard downgrading for 360/PS3

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
How do you know PC won't get delayed? I have been cautiously optimistic since the pc version was announced, but I know the truth of being a PC player.

Hopefully the delay is just because it is hard downgrading.
I am from the future.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Not a good sign. Same thing happened with the Titanfall 360 port and it was pretty crappy compared to the Xbone version.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Some of you need to ask yourselves if MKX is worth purchasing a current gen system. HV has a pretty crummy record imo.