What's new

Breakthrough Confirmed Details on Changes to Shazam!

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
These buffs are just moronic. This can't be it for Shazam...

This dude needs legit ways around zoning; be it a safe psycho crusher or a smoke away/to that has projectile invincibility on ex or something if the sort. Buffing damage a bit is not a way to make a character better. Only fools will look at this list and think that anything is going to change.

I don't even play or have plans on playing him; I'm just a big fan of Billy and would like to see him done justice.

jaym7018

Noob
What about the gap in 2,2~HM?What about his other useless strings he has that don't cancel into anything?What about F2 being slow as shit or his D3 being like -10
The best character in the game relies on 1 string. Shazams b23 is now arguably the best string in the game

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I was really hoping to see his command grabs be less negative on whiff. After playing Shazam enough times, I realized I didn't need to pushblock his strings anymore since if I get more reward off of his blockstrings than he does if I guess right.

jaym7018

Noob
it's full combo punishable and goes over crouchers from close range
The properties of the 3 in b23 are obviously changing. Whose to say the whiffing issue wont be fixed. Obviously its going to recover faster otherwise you wouldnt be able to combo off the new pop up which you will obviously be able to. Unless the pop up is so high its off screen as to allow the current recovery to allow a combo off the new pop up.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
My favorite thing about the pop-up is that it's going to give him another way to start corner trait combos, which just like the others, he will never land.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Well if it's fixed then there's no problem, but right now the patch notes don't say anything about fixing its hitbox.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I dont know how to feel about these updates. I hope its more than just this to be honest. Although increased damage is nice in its own way if they dont fix some of the other things mentioned it might not matter. I would like to see how much of an increase in distance the command grabs actually are now. Also doesnt Mighty Charge already launch the opponent in the air just cant combo off of it. Mighty Charge is B23 Correct? And i mean you can already get a combo after B2 if memory serves if it doesnt go flying over the crouching opponent. -_-

jaym7018

Noob
You guys are so dumb currently with b23 you cant do anything till the opponent lands. Obviously you are going to be able to combo after the new b23 the only way to make this possible is to speed up recovery on the 3.

You guys are so dumb currently with b23 you cant do anything till the opponent lands. Obviously you are going to be able to combo after the new b23 the only way to make this possible is to speed up recovery on the 3.
Changing gravity scaling on the move is a possibility.