What's new

Breakthrough Confirmed Details on Changes to Shazam!

Fromundaman

I write too much.
You guys are so dumb currently with b23 you cant do anything till the opponent lands. Obviously you are going to be able to combo after the new b23 the only way to make this possible is to speed up recovery on the 3.
I think you may be missing the point. Right now the first hit (The elbow drop) will completely whiff on crouching opponents in close range, which is a really big flaw for an overhead. Regardless of what they do to the second hit of the string, it won't mean anything if the first hit still whiffs and allows the opponent to full combo punish you as a result.

jaym7018

Noob
I dont know how to feel about these updates. I hope its more than just this to be honest. Although increased damage is nice in its own way if they dont fix some of the other things mentioned it might not matter. I would like to see how much of an increase in distance the command grabs actually are now. Also doesnt Mighty Charge already launch the opponent in the air just cant combo off of it. Mighty Charge is B23 Correct? And i mean you can already get a combo after B2 if memory serves if it doesnt go flying over the crouching opponent. -_-
Obviously it being a pop means you can combo off it. So b23 f22 mb grab b3 the damage will be 40% for 1 bar off an advancing overhead.

Crathen

Death is my business
Well i don't think his 22 string should jail , since it still leads to a 50/50 on block and if you block it standing you can't crouch a following Command throw , as i said i think he needs a fix on his b2 hitbox and a safer sweep ( -8 ) along with these buffs i think he can be competitive as long certain top tiers are getting toned down a little

jaym7018

Noob
I think you may be missing the point. Right now the first hit (The elbow drop) will completely whiff on crouching opponents in close range, which is a really big flaw for an overhead. Regardless of what they do to the second hit of the string, it won't mean anything if the first hit still whiffs and allows the opponent to full combo punish you as a result.
Right now it whiffs. This should have already been fixed. Whose to say it isnt being fixed?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Well i don't think his 22 string should jail , since it still leads to a 50/50 on block and if you block it standing you can't crouch a following Command throw , as i said i think he needs a fix on his b2 hitbox and a safer sweep ( -8 ) along with these buffs i think he can be competitive as long certain top tiers are getting toned down a little
But if you crouch block it, then it's now a 50/50 for both players, and if Shazam guesses wrong he gets full combo punished, often for more than what he would hit you with. Kind of fucked up that he's at a disadvantage in his own blockstring traps.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Right now it whiffs. This should have already been fixed. Whose to say it isnt being fixed?
That's the entire point. It doesn't say either way. Nobody has said anything about it. What myself and everyone else is saying is that IF they haven't fixed this issue, which as of right now is NOT in the patch notes they just released, then buffing the string makes no difference.

jaym7018

Noob
That's the entire point. It doesn't say either way. Nobody has said anything about it. What myself and everyone else is saying is that IF they haven't fixed this issue, which as of right now is NOT in the patch notes they just released, then buffing the string makes no difference.
Well i guess im just a glass half full kinda guy. I would assume this has been addressed since they are completely reworking the string.

perfectghast

Just throw it out, and hope for the best!
From what I can tell is that boon is just releasing the info that everyone can relate to, like more damage and better range and a new combo started, it's a "taste" I'm sure that his not going to list all the frame data and changes that are more technical which is what we're looking for. So chill, because these changes are awesome and I'm sure once we see the rest of the notes there's going to be all the info that we are looking for.

Crathen

Death is my business
But if you crouch block it, then it's now a 50/50 for both players, and if Shazam guesses wrong he gets full combo punished, often for more than what he would hit you with. Kind of fucked up that he's at a disadvantage in his own blockstring traps.

No one is forcing Shazam to always go into high/low cmd grab after 22 , he can 22xtele and i don't think that's punishable by most characters , also 22 isn't safe on block? 22xxtorpedo point blank is punishable by everyone in the cast?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Shazam already has crazy damage but ive barely seen player even use it correctly. Also people bitch about trait when a standing 3xxtrait is safe lol

CD jr

Noob
These buffs are just moronic. This can't be it for Shazam...

This dude needs legit ways around zoning; be it a safe psycho crusher or a smoke away/to that has projectile invincibility on ex or something if the sort. Buffing damage a bit is not a way to make a character better. Only fools will look at this list and think that anything is going to change.

I don't even play or have plans on playing him; I'm just a big fan of Billy and would like to see him done justice.
a character that has command grabs and it's good up close shouldn't have an easy time getting in that Is the rules of fighting games. Imagine zangief, t hawk, having an easy time to get in in sf4 lol no way. Though I agree the zoning and lame game in this game is op and dominates the game but that's NRS fault for making the longest stages in the history of 2d fighting games and also the screen stretches to long when both players are on each corner. But that's something that will never get fixed so IMO they should just nerf the overall zoning in this game so other characters that can't run away and have to chase have an easier time getting in.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
But seriously though, Boon, homie, bro, duder.

Tease new character skins, NOT patch notes. Just showing us a couple out of context changes to a handful of characters does nothing except make us go crazy.

Just look at this thread as an example, need to just post that shit on your website and let us go at it.