What's new

Community Real Talk Thread - IGAU and MK9 Players, Please Read

Goldi

Noob
@NY-Shadow I'm sorry you've had bad tourney experiences. I won't lecture you why you should want to play offline, but I'd like you to stick around TYM and see how much fun friendly, well organized events go.

I've come full circle from 0-2 tourney player to event staff in the Pacific Northwest. Living the dream, guys! :D lol but yea myself and pretty much all of TYM support offline tournaments. I was never, ever top player getting cheered for but I always had a great time, and now I just try to make sure others do too. Some of the biggest FGC supporters in my scene are females, we're getting more common every year.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I'll type something out tomorrow. The issue is does it even matter? I'm not a top player, so what I say will just get ignored. If i wrote what i wanted to say on lets say REO's account, everyone would read it in great detail and love it. If i were to write it most people would pass over because it has more than two lines. I could write something on how to save the community but only a hand full of people would read it. Its really sad.

Mr. Aquaman was correct. People praise what these Top Players have to say when a lot of time they whine and complain as much as the next person. But their threads don't get closed, they get praised and people follow what they say. Its the sad truth of this site. And possibly the community. If you don't do good then you are not seen as important. If you do end up doing well god help you if you do not do good at the next tournament or if you are not able to make it to the next event because everyone will start calling you our or saying you are trash.

Part of me honestly doesnt even want to get top 8 because people would begin to question shit at the next event if i didn't get top 8 or if i went 0-2. I understand what Crimson is trying to do and to some extent i give him an A for effort for trying to help. But to be honest it doesn't even matter. People are going to dislike injustice, People are going to dislike MK.
For MK 9 obviously people either disliked it since they stopped playing it competitively or they decided to listen to all the players that said this game sucks/this game is dead and decided to stop playing because of this.

Honestly i have fun with MK 9. The game has some fucked up shit. i mean like MB glitch, no trades, things like that. What i don't like is when i go to a fucking tournament the MK9 players begin talking trash about injustice for no damn reason. Just out of nowhere saying how the game sucks basically mocking us. This kind of shit makes me not want to bother with the community.

There is a difference between not liking something and going out of your way to shit on something. As for Injustice i enjoy the game a lot. I will support this game. I consider it my main game at the moment. And i will go to tournaments i am able to go to. Although i have said before that i think the game is going to die when MK X comes out i am NOT SORRY for what i said.
When MK X comes out i will continue to play Injustice. I said what i said because i feel like the hate from all the MK players and all the shit that is being said about the game just cause you don't like will end up being its downfall in the long run.

I would hope that people still go to tournaments for injustice if you enjoy playing the game. If you do not like the game thats fine. But dont go around saying the game is shit: Its not shit, you're just shit; you dont understand the game, you dont like the characters, you dont like how it plays. Idk. But not every fighting game is for you. And not every fighting game has to be the same.

NRS did something cool with Injustice. And thats something that i like about it. But as a community if we want to grow then i would say to stop the fucking complaining to some extent. You know what this means. I should not have to explain this. Stop fucking saying X or Y coast doesnt travel. WHO FUCKING CARES.
If east coast cant travel to X tournament is cause we either have other shit to do or we cant afford it. Same thing goes for West coast, Mid West Etc. Second stop caring about ranking systems. It doesnt fucking matter whos the fucking best. If you are as good as you say you are then go to tournaments and start fucking winning.

Also, stop caring if a tournament is a major or not. Like seriously, who fucking cares. We will never figure out what makes a major. It should not fucking matter. Technically anything can be a fucking major if enough people show up to it. So go to tournaments even if some player says its shit.
Im not calling anyone out with this but seriously experience it for yourself if you can. And if you have issues talk to the TO. Not the person running brackets. Don't make a thread on TYM. Talk to the TO in person. The TO's do their best to try and make the tournament fun for as many people as possible. I have had fun at each tournament i went too.
And if i didn't have fun i told the fucking TO in person. And then next time things were better. Its that fucking simple. If they cannot do it ask them why in a nice way. Hopefully they will be able to answer the question. ALSO who cares if the tournament is on what stream, who cares what time it fucking is. If your fucking bracket is at 9am go to bed early. Plan for it. Its not hard. I've done it before. You probably can as well.

As for the Stream, if we get stream time NICE. If we don't oh well. Shit happens. Hotels lie to TO's. Complaining and saying the tournament sucks because of lack of stream is not going to help. The stream is no the most important thing about the tournament. And if you think it is then maybe fix your priorities. Tournaments used to not have streams. Remember that time. Ya shit sucked. Having a stream is something we should be fucking grateful for regardless on if are game is new or not.
Also the name of the stream gets the numbers. Spooby gets fucking 10K for a local. A FUCKING LOCAL. If Jaxel streamed Next Level he would get like 100 people. Sometimes just the name matters regardless of what game is on.

Also if we really want our games to strive we need to start going to tournaments. It doesnt matter if its a local, regional, basement, major, house. WHO FUCKING CARES. A tournament is a tournament. Playing with people and meeting people who love what you love is something you should not pass up. If you are able to go then go. Have fun. Not going to these events will help to kill the game.

This now brings me to MLG. 64 people. We asked for so much and offered up just 64 people. Thats all i'm going to say about that. Smash capped their game in 1 week! Ill just let that reality sink in. Their game is 13 years old. And they capped in a week. Also Go read Mr. Aquamans Post because i fucking agree with what he said 100%. He is right.

So ya this is my long fucking rant. I'm going to bed. Peace.
Great read. Great points. Too true. Like @Cossner said. This community does it to itself.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Yall dont want a real talk thread. Real talk, fuck this shit. This community has been nothing but whiners, fucking babies, and scrubs, level up. So scared of losing youd rather not play then look bad. Oh well I was decent at mk9 so igau sucks cause i cant block anymore. Oh MK9 sucks cause kabal. CAUSE KABAL, CAUSE MMH, CAUSE ARES IS BROKEN? Fucking excuses, 1 billion threads a day 95% complaining. So called top players get the hollywood treatment like there fucking divas, no they are either tier whores or dont have a job. Want to praise someone? Front page someone? Do it to the players who really matter, the ones you dont see, or do see, but not give a shit to acknowledge. I hope you all suck dick at MKX, fun sunday rant out.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Tell me I'm crazy, tell me I'm wrong I don't care, but after all the games I've played in my 43 years of life. Having design limitations on each character just seems to be the best option to make a game as fair as possible for everyone involved, and if done right the first time around the game developers will just save time and money not having to patch the game. Of course this is just a pipe-dream probably, but a guy can have dreams right?
It may be fair, but is it "fun" to everyone?

A really strong point about fighting games IS that not every character is homogenized. Yes, it creates imbalance...but the fun part is you are never playing anyone who particularly can be played remotely the same.

There are a number of fighting games that do this, some of them heralded as some of the top fighting games to exist in recent times.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yall dont want a real talk thread. Real talk, fuck this shit. This community has been nothing but whiners, fucking babies, and scrubs, level up. So scared of losing youd rather not play then look bad. Oh well I was decent at mk9 so igau sucks cause i cant block anymore. Oh MK9 sucks cause kabal. CAUSE KABAL, CAUSE MMH, CAUSE ARES IS BROKEN? Fucking excuses, 1 billion threads a day 95% complaining. So called top players get the hollywood treatment like there fucking divas, no they are either tier whores or dont have a job. Want to praise someone? Front page someone? Do it to the players who really matter, the ones you dont see, or do see, but not give a shit to acknowledge. I hope you all suck dick at MKX, fun sunday rant out.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
@NY-Shadow I'm sorry you've had bad tourney experiences. I won't lecture you why you should want to play offline, but I'd like you to stick around TYM and see how much fun friendly, well organized events go.

I've come full circle from 0-2 tourney player to event staff in the Pacific Northwest. Living the dream, guys! :D lol but yea myself and pretty much all of TYM support offline tournaments. I was never, ever top player getting cheered for but I always had a great time, and now I just try to make sure others do too. Some of the biggest FGC supporters in my scene are females, we're getting more common every year.
Its so good to see another woman in this community speak up. You go girl! :)

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
You should be fired from this site for that kind of language coming from a staff member. But it goes to show where the true disrespectful, hateful, angry and whiners get their fuel from. People like you who are suppose to be the leaders in this community. What a shame when the pot calls the kettle black.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
You should be fired from this site for that kind of language coming from a staff member. But it goes to show where the true disrespectful, hateful, angry and whiners get their fuel from. People like you who are suppose to be the leaders in this community. What a shame when the pot calls the kettle black.
i dont think he meant it negatively. most of us know DMS personally and are friends with him

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth

Mod=community leader?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

You do realize I was quoting someone and not actually saying those things, right?

Last edited:

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
im just now getting my competitive sc2 friends into mk9 and they plan to pick up MKX; its gonna be great :) add me on steam bloodychaos2 if anyone wants to play :D

lol wtf.

iloveTSA

Noob
That's sarcasm right?
Otherwise that's one hell of a OS right there :).

Other than that, agreed.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
This is my plan. I'm going to 100% host people at my new place. I have a couple guys that I know that want to get good at the next mk. I live in gates now, so I think that's closer to where you live. You, me, toxic my buds, yours we will do this!!! I would like to get good at fighting games again. I haven't been decent since mk Armageddon.

One thing I never understood is why people never supported MK while playing inj. When MKX comes out I'll still sign up for the inj tournaments. NRS players gotta remember we have to stick together. It's not like inj is capcom... play both games!

Also I've been working to introduce players to the competitive scene of MK. I'll message online players that are decent in ranked match and I sho them tym and tournies and stuff and I think it helps a lot especially when a top player does this with someone. This will definitely expand our scene and get us out there.

Also quick question... DOES ANYBODY HERE LIVE NEAR OR IN UPSTATE NEW YORK (NEAR ROCHESTER). I'm planning on getting my bros good and play at the highest level along with a few other friends of mine and @DanCock

I would like to get level up sessions going like VSM back in MK9

Also like thing, does anybody know a kid on here that lives in rochester? He is also on toryuken and goes to Monroe community college? One day I went to the E-lounge that I have in my college and played the kids in there that was playing injustice and after I beat them I talked to this one kid that said he follows tournies and was on tym and shoryuken.

If you see this quote me or inbox me if you would like to play with us offline and get in on some level up sessions. And that goes for anybody else interested in getting better at MK or picking up MIn. I don't mind playing inj but it's not my main game.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
This is my plan. I'm going to 100% host people at my new place. I have a couple guys that I know that want to get good at the next mk. I live in gates now, so I think that's closer to where you live. You, me, toxic my buds, yours we will do this!!! I would like to get good at fighting games again. I haven't been decent since mk Armageddon.
You moved from the apartments in greece?