What's new

Chris G is picking up Kenshi and giving it a "good try"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Seriously. He's gonna fall apart due to lack of mobility. His morrigan is good because he understands her combination of zoning and flight cancel mobility. Kenshi's zoning is totally different. Everything about him is different.

Art Killer B

[Mid-tier Humble-man]
Seriously. He's gonna fall apart due to lack of mobility. His morrigan is good because he understands her combination of zoning and flight cancel mobility. Kenshi's zoning is totally different. Everything about him is different.
Man, but he is Chris G. One of, if not, the best overall player in the fighting game community. Consistently places top 8 at UMvC3, SSFIV, Third Strike, Skullgirls, SxT, KOF XIII and MK9. The only one who has won locals and majors in each and everyone of the aforementioned games.

CRUM

Noob
I seriously think you're underestimating one of the greatest fighting game players of all time. He's had success in all games and has had success playing MK specifically even though he doesn't play it regularly. To say that he won't be able to understand Kenshi is disrespectful.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I seriously think you're underestimating one of the greatest fighting game players of all time. He's had success in all games and has had success playing MK specifically even though he doesn't play it regularly. To say that he won't be able to understand Kenshi is disrespectful.
No I think he'll do fine. But as soon as he comes up against anyone who knows that matchup, I think he'll be done.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
if im not mistaken he placed well at NEC
im sorry so if i travel to SCR and spend 500 on a plane and hotel and stuff and i enter SF marvel and MK thats not support??

If you Support Mk so much come to the states and play. MR bashing chris g for his support.
not if youre not even traveling mk and simply using it for the money and not because you love it

LMAO @ a marvel player calling MK "retarted" I hope he does pick up kenshi so that he can get his Vertibrae mercilesly snapped in half.... BY KITANA PLAYERS!! Muahahahahaha.... On a serious note, I hope he learns to really play against all characters or else he's going to ride that salty express for the rest of his MK days.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Fundamentals will only get him so far imo. Look what happened to J Wong. There's too much stupid shit you need to be aware of to do well and Chris G probably isn't aware of most of it.

I'd love to see him do well though, let's face it, we all love new blood and it creates hype.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Those who say ChrisG won't understand Kenshi are...in my opinion kinda slow; maybe their slow learners or slow thinkers. MK9 is my first competitive FG experience and I learned a Kenshi very similar, not SAME but similar style to Pigs in a matter of a month. However I did put in twenty something hours a week on MK at the time. That being said with ChrisG's experience he needs quality hours of practice not major quantity.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
The really interesting thing to see will be if he actually gets Kenshi at the highest level or if he makes the mistake of doing too much and creating openings for opponents like a lot of Kenshi players. If he gets how little risk Kenshi has to take in most matchups he could go very far, but I see it taking him a while to reach the point where he could be a threat to a high level Kabal or Kung Lao.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
pretty pleased to see chris g try to pick this up again. he's gonna be playing so many games sf4/marvel/guilty gear/persona 4 arena/mk9/sfxt

Pig Of The Hut

just because players don't place high with a certain character doesn't mean they aren't op. that's fail logic. before chris g, morrigan never saw top 8, now she is considered to be top 5 character, and chris g is the only one who has placed high/won with her. zero considered op (top 3) yet very few people place top with him.
Then mr G and I have a lot in common

Why is everyone so quick to say that he's picking Kenshi cause he's top tier? Maybe he likes Kenshi and is a good cover-up for the lizard. And I think we all want to watch him burn three meters to chip away with EX SC to death.
Just like at NEC with Reptiles EX Dash lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.