What's new

CHOMP CHOMP HISS! - The Reptile Matchup Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Because Reptile's hitbox lowers during forceball and dash, her instant air sais become much more manageable. Teleport is dangerous because our projectiles come out too slow, though, and it is a safe jump into mixups. Luckily, her high/low mixups are very slow and easy to fuzzy guard. I don't have too much experience with this scenario, but I think Mileena can go under

Also, Mileena's hitbox is too small to punish her with a full ground combo after her roll is blocked. It sucks hard that you have to use an AA combo to punish. Either that, or maybe I'm timing it really wrong.

My experience with the matchup isn't too great, though.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Its not a full combo but when I block the ball I do- fastforceball-321-slow forceball-321-slide, still pretty good damage. I have a more frustrating time with the teleport. I just can't punish that damn thing.

Whats a fuzzy guard???

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Sure Rapzilla I'll add you when I get online.

Do you and THTB want to play on Friday? I need some mirror match practices since I tend to lose against Reptile, and you guys can use others as well, but all I know how to play is Reptile. We could set up a KOTH and as long as there aren't more than like 4 people it shouldn't lag too badly.

I think Mileena is good against us. I feel like she has a lot going for her and like I said I think in this topic but maybe a different one, the best way to beat her was to turtle (for me anyways). I punish her ball with the 3,2,1 elbow dash bnb but sometimes I mess the timing up since she starts in the air it can be hard to time it right. I find her crouching poke to be really annoying too because if it comes out fast and it sets up a combo.

THTB

I do 32 xx FFB, 32 xx SFB, 321 xx slide on blocked roll.

Snips, I'll be able to play, but not until late night.

RapZiLLa54

I do 32 xx FFB, 32 xx SFB, 321 xx slide on blocked roll.

Snips, I'll be able to play, but not until late night.
I actually think it does more damage if you skip the 32 and go straight to FFB.. I'll confirm later.

Friday night isn't good for me unfortunately, I'm good for Saturday or Monday (I'm off). Eastern time zone.

THTB

Saturday I can play before 6 and after like 11, and Monday, any time is fine.

THTB

Lol

Btw, Reptile's elbow is soooooooooo gold vs Raiden. 334 and b312 have small gaps he can be hit during between the second and third hits. Reptile gets free dash on each scenario. X-Ray is also possible if Raiden doesn't teleport after.

Milk

Snake eyes
Just played some with Chef, and while it was online and I couldn't freaking block anything on reaction, lol, I did learn a lot. Ermac's lift shuts down a lot of shit, you have to be super freaking careful when trying to approach Ermac. Thats really the biggest thing to watch out for. I'll write more tomorrow Im off all day.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Just played some with Chef, and while it was online and I couldn't freaking block anything on reaction, lol, I did learn a lot. Ermac's lift shuts down a lot of shit, you have to be super freaking careful when trying to approach Ermac. Thats really the biggest thing to watch out for. I'll write more tomorrow Im off all day.
Yeah but the thing is, for the mos tpart it's easy when to expect the lift. And what's good is that if you block it from some distance away, elbow dash will still punish. Ermac stilll hits hard and can combo from different ranges, but overall I think he is pretty easy to turtle against and punish. Once you get close, he loses most of his tools and all you really need to watch out for is the telelift wake-up attack.

Milk

Snake eyes
Right. I would've had a lot less problems fighting Ermac offline, not to complain or anything, but I could've blocked a ton of lifts, but, it kept giving me lag/delay and wouldn't give me blocks, dropped TONS of my combos, and mehhhhh. But Ermac isn't too hard to fight against at all.

RapZiLLa54

I actually think it does more damage if you skip the 32 and go straight to FFB.. I'll confirm later.
Confirmed skipping the 32 actually gets you 1% damage more. So 27% instead of 26% on Milennas roll or any move that leaves the opponent spinning in the air.

Great find on blocking Mileena's roll.

I think we definitely have the Ermac match-up. His zoning is pretty poor in my opinion. We can simply get out of range and zone until he teleports, then punish. This is the most common occurrence when I face Ermac on line, and I do not endure much lag. It's a matter of patience, I think.

THTB

Yeah, Ermac matchup IMO is in our favor.

The Reptile-Sub matchup is very hard, indeed.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Maybe I'm stupid for not noticing this, but Sweep on your opponent's wakeup will beat a wakeup slide 100% of the time. Of course this would work on Sub, Cyber Sub, and Reptile.

I wonder what other wakeup reversals it can beat because it beats low attacks.

Milk

Snake eyes
I talked about it a tiny bit before, but nothing really serious. I don't use sweep enough for that factor, it beats so many options it's unreal. Does it beat wake up lift from Ermac?

Milk

Snake eyes
I know Reptile gets some weird funky hitbox during sweep, so I wasn't sure. Yeah I use it to beat a lot of stuff. If a Sektor is stupid I know it can catch him out of teleport.

THTB

Well, the fact that it beats out slides definitely helps vs Sub. At least it gives us something vs him lol.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
i was re-watching Powerup and was paying close attention to THTB vs REO because Im not very familiar with that matchup. But it looked like Cyber-Sub had a lot of control especially with the dive kicks. What is the best way to deal with that? Im guessing patience and try to punish as much as possible, but the zoning aspect of those dive kicks are crazy

U-Volt

Noob
So I'm in SC on vacation right now and have hooked up with the players here for a few sessions. There's a few good players, bit mostly a really solid Smoke player. We have played a lot of matches and when I get home, I intend to do a write up on this matchup so we have it. And for the record...it's definitely in our favor...