What's new

Characters you like but can't play

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I really like everything about Mileena except roll.

The fact that roll looks so goofy but is such a vital part of her gameplay really kills it for me.

*sigh*

JJV Phoenix

I'm not Vak goddamnit
Erron Black. I can't handle him being the best grappler in the game when I've spent so much time on Brawler Cassie (and my best friend on Commando Kano), and then tick throw off of literally EVERYTHING with him. Also can't consistently get his 21122 string out under any kind of duress.

Any of the Shaolin guys. They're not terribly interesting to me.

Creepy00

Noob
I have a hard time playing TG Raiden online. Whenever I do his LRC, I always seem to drop it or I can't cancel from it. Also, I can't seem to got use to raiden's movability at all.

D

Deleted member 9158

Summoner Quan. I've always loved Quan Chi since MK4 and this variation looked awesome. Once I found out I couldn't wake up, I moved on. Same fucking problem with Predator. God damnit!!!
Bro, try warlock. He's got a wake up and he's not as awful as people say he is.

D

Deleted member 9158

I can't play Mileena at all in this game. Mained her for all of mk9 and got put off by her moveset this time around.

I recently thought this way with Tanya, but I stopped using pyromancer and hopped on the kobu train and it's been love ever since. Also Johnny cage. Although it's sad how many people I beat with his B12121121212 in fisticuffs and wake up shadow kicks.

Amazing Muzzy Wallace

Don't.Hit...The Quan...
Erron because of the 21122 string plus I suck and inputing command grabs in this game for some reason even tho I try and try

Tanya because of teleport cancel into pressure in the koba justu (or whatever it's called)

Cassie because I just don't know what hell I'm doing lol

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Special Force Sonya: I knew how broken Sinestro trait can be but I lack practice with Sonya
Summoner Quan Chi: I love his offense but I don't want to get d1 glaive to death by Kitana
All DLC chars: I haven't got them yet lol

Death

Noob
Mileena definitely. Me and her go way back since the MK9 days but this time around just not my style but her look is badass and the fatalities...

Raphael Valiant

PSN: slickz_23
Liu kang dragon fire, brawler cassie cage, a list johny cage, piercing mileena. The only reason i cant play them is .. i bought this amazing game 6 days ago. My main is HF scorpion, but i think im better with GM sub zero. How to change our profile in TYM avatar?

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Dualist Liu. I have a pretty nice Dualist but I don't think I'll ever excel with him because I don't truly understand the orb pressure.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Anyone with execution stricter than Brawler Cassie's is. I can handle her basic b21xCWxRCxb2xGrab, the 212 punish bnb and the metered air throw bnb.

Anyone above that level of difficulty vexes me.

Specifically, I want to Jax gud.
I also want to Kano gud, my issue there isn't execution, but raw laziness.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
I see lot's of people having ''input'' isues.
I suggest you to train more and dont expect the perfect results after few days.
And just dont switch to your old main or cookycutter character after u lose 1-2 games vs some random guy online or the guy you hate irl.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I hate when ppl uze mileena, she looks so sexy and am fucking garbage with her.
I always get owned by Yolo rolls , but I just can't seen to be effective with her
I love how kitana looks, fans are such a cool weapon. Too bad keep away is non-existing in this game. Haven't had the time for erron black

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I see lot's of people having ''input'' isues.
I suggest you to train more and dont expect the perfect results after few days.
And just dont switch to your old main or cookycutter character after u lose 1-2 games vs some random guy online or the guy you hate irl.
I agree with this to a point, but some people, myself amongst them, just have trouble with inputs in general. My reasons are a) I'm old. (33) and b) I started boxing in my early teens and transitioned to mma a few years later and was a hobbyist fighter for about years after that. My poor hands have taken a tremendous beating over the years and I just don't have the find motor control that I used to.

Now, don't get me wrong, practice will still drill it in to me, but again, for a lot of people, its not that we physically can't do it, its that the investment isn't worth it in the long run. Like for Cassie, I literally set my alarm for 30 minutes earlier every day and got up, practices half an hour on Cassie before work, then a minimum of an hour later that day. My practice would consist of a mix of just dummy practice, then setting it to ai, to try to pull the combos out under duress. This took me over a month and change, 5 weeks, and I got pretty consistent.

I could do that with Jax or D'vorah, but as much as I'd like to learn them, I just don't have the patience or time to dedicate that much effort. My execution is very weak.

Now, don't think I'm disagreeing with you because you're dead right, I think a.lot of people spend 45m in the lab and decide it's too difficult when they aren't landing every BnB they try, every time.

Shrug, just my 2 cents.