What's new

Characters you like but can't play

I like Jax and tremor but that stupid db2 up mid kombo is too much extra! Also jax's execution is pretty tuff...

Totshy

Noob
Love Takeda's design, but he feels to slow and clunky to me. I can't seem to replicate even the basic stuff people crush me with online.

RoosterFuel

Chicken Drugs
Predator because I've been obsessed with him since I was like 5, but can't bring myself to play top tier chars. He's aesthetically perfect, I might check him out after he's nerfed lol.
And reptile because I have issues with his combos, otherwise he's awesome.

llabslb

R1D1_998
Reptile, I know him and can play decent with him offline it's just that I play a lot of online and his combos go to shit online.

NHDR

Noob
Tempest Kung Lao:
-112124 is impossible

Balanced Kenshi:
-run cancel after rising karma is hard

Any Erron Black:
-can't cancel his tackle out of 122121 or whatever that string is

The inputs are very strict AND I'm using the XB1 d-pad. Which I hate. Thankfully I can do everything for Kano and Kotal, my two mains. I'd like to learn Kenshi over time.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I was positive that one of my mains would be Cassie in MKX - I love her as a character. Her move set baffles me and I never understood how to play her. I finally had to give up.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Tanya. I wanted to play her so bad when they released her trailer but I tried her and we didn't click at all.

Also want to play Tremor but I thought he was weird the couple of times I tried him in the lab. Gonna keep trying though.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Reptile, Takeda, Goro, Ferra Torr, Kung Lao hat trick, Ermac Spectral, Kano everything, Kenshi for sum reason, Scorpion, because he bores me with his small movelist he feels incomplete!like half a character!

and Sub Zero Unbreakable, and Sub Zero Grandmaster because most of the cast ruines my normal game with him, turtle behind clone, i miss old SUB
i can help you out with kenshi if you want

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
that character for me is erron black, he just doesnt click with me, i really want him to be apart of my dream team/ MKX characters i main but i cant do it, i just cant for some reason

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Naginata Tanya. And I don't care to learn at this point since DN seems way worse than it used to be. Any Tanya mains still think it's viable?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Guys, if you want to play a character - just find the tech needed to play him or her. Every character has different tech that you need to know to get from a casual level to beat that @$$ level.

If you can't find it, just ask. Those that main that character know by now - and you only need one person to share the information with you.

That's another reason why I love MKX. Tech is usually nuanced, like lay off the pad for a second or hold a button or input a certain way. It makes for some real diversity because you can't play a character really well until you understand how these nuances work. So, when players put the time in - when they get together - they all bring different knowledge and skills (thus different main characters) to the table. Each player adds a uniqueness to the group.