What's new

General/Other "Champion of the Amazons!" Wonder Woman General Discussion

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
i could not agree more with you its so easy to lame her out it s not funny.
the real skill when using her comes with learning how to get in with her.
people are quick to call her top 5 because they dont really know how she works or the match up.
the sad thing is the only thing shes has to make you respect her or keep you close to her may get nerfed.
which is her so called otg which can be blocked anyway so don't see why people are so worried about it.
i think shes slightly over rated and as people are now staring to learn the match ups things will be quite hard as certain people are finding out now.
you literally took the words out of my mouth. thank you

Eminent

Forum Lurker
What's the best lasso stance combo starting with F3?

I've been trying F3 J3 D12~Lasso Grab but I can't get it very consistently. Trying to learn that cross-up combo that guy posted the page before...

Edit: I just figured out F3 b1 b113 b113~lasso grab works pretty good and does more damage (36%)

DarkPage

Noob
What's the best lasso stance combo starting with F3?

I've been trying F3 J3 D12~Lasso Grab but I can't get it very consistently. Trying to learn that cross-up combo that guy posted the page before...

Edit: I just figured out F3 b1 b113 b113~lasso grab works pretty good and does more damage (36%)
i usually try to do like a cross over set up like b1, b113, dash under jump over then air dash back as low as i can j2, 33 etc, usually catches people offguard, more online tho lol

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
B1 into 23 is your true frame trap. Make them respect that, then force the mixup. And ffs 23 is 9f startup stop complaining about slow normals. And iadg is one of the best tools in the entire game to chase runaways. She does have issues but she has more pros than cons.

We have been given all the tools we need its on YOU to apply them to your matches

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
i really dont get why people are so concerned about walk speed.
a buff to walk speed will turn this game into a turtle fest and will negate certain mix ups on block as people could just walk back all day long.
makes me laugh when people compare walk speed in this game to mk9 where there's a dedicated block button so movement is not safe.
where as here its back to block walk speeds are slow in this game and AE for a reason.
a buff to walk speeds will only help make zoning even more of a problem.
right now the game is backwards in regards to real life physics.

you don't walk backwards faster than you move forwards.... yet this game has that

if they just buffed moving FORWARD ... then no.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
B1 into 23 is your true frame trap. Make them respect that, then force the mixup. And ffs 23 is 9f startup stop complaining about slow normals. And iadg is one of the best tools in the entire game to chase runaways. She does have issues but she has more pros than cons.

We have been given all the tools we need its on YOU to apply them to your matches
Just to add

her SS moves are all fast as fudge and all lead to true frame traps

and SB is a great tool to "catch" runners.

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!

first of all i was complaining about slow normals. i asked why do we have slow normals. and iadg is not that good against certain characters. stop acting like its the most amazing thing when its not. the main characters like gl superman can punish it.

Cylith

Amazonian Speed Force
Catching panz.... er, "zoners" is the most annoying thing for me to do in any game. I have a a harder time chasing them down with WW for some reason. It is actually one of the reasons I love the Flash. Besides WW and Flash being my two favorite DC characters that is.

Akae47

Noob
I think WW Tiara is fine the way it is. With her character design and tool set, I would take the disadvantages of her Tiara being unsafe also. Along with her Shield Throw, it doesn't bother me that its not full screen.

Akae47

Noob
I wouldn't mind the Shield Toss to be a mid .... so her 2,2 MB Shield Toss would hit all characters...... or at least fix that

I agree on that. I lost a money match where 22 shield toss whiffed on a Catwoman. It whiffs on KF/Harley/Raven too I believe, I guess smaller hitboxes depending on their stance. Its alot to pay attention to in a match for me

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I agree on that. I lost a money match where 22 shield toss whiffed on a Catwoman. It whiffs on KF/Harley/Raven too I believe, I guess smaller hitboxes depending on their stance. Its alot to pay attention to in a match for me
It whiffs on all the women characters.

except WW herself (hah).

I wouldn't replace the fix with the OTG though... i'll just YOLO 2,4~MB Tiarra

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Isn't it -22 on block? It should get punished by a lot of stuff.
MMH's over head tele is like -8, but it's safe due to push back. Isn't that the same case here?

Also at max range MMH's f2 d3 is absolutely safe even to Superman's super. At closer range it isn't.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
If you do demigoddess instantly it's a lot safer. In some match-ups it's pretty spammable, like vs Black Adam.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
If you do demigoddess instantly it's a lot safer. In some match-ups it's pretty spammable, like vs Black Adam.
Yeah it depends on how far off the ground you are when you IADG, if its a good one right on the ground then its pretty safe... but if not then you're going to die.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I never know which iadg you guys are talking about.
I thought he was talking about the straight demigoddess.
Yeah actually im not sure which one we're talking about.

The downward one is MUCH safer on block [totally safe maybe?]. The horizontal one is far less safe... but its safer if you start it as close to the ground as your mortal hands will let you.