What's new

General/Other "Champion of the Amazons!" Wonder Woman General Discussion

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
Well there's the b3 into j3 otg but that one can sortve be rolled out of so you can do b113, 23, f3 otg you can pretty much pick which side you wanna do it mid screen
Yeah that's good to I just need to work in my IADG I fail at it sometimes and get punished

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
Anyone got any tips vs raven it seams she can keep me out very well I don't really know the matchup but I struggle to get past her zoning

DarkPage

Noob
I second that, Todays daily challenge is to use Raven, and its been rough for me lol
All I know is that you can dash forward after a blocked grab.
also. do not jump.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
Yeah but when she throws her projectile if you block or dick it she get a free grab also in demon stance I can't do anything I'm forced to get 20% chip or get full screen grabbed into 30/40%

DarkPage

Noob
Yeah I feel you man, what i do know is you can IADG like a bit higher and it will go over the projectile and still hit her, but i mean its hard to specifically time that one.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
You can jump against her. If she doesn't have pillars going, you can jump over all of her attacks.

Raven walkspeed is extremely fast so take advantage of being in close range.

You can also d3 under soul crush and dash in 1,1 punish.

Parry fireballs full screen because she can't grab you there. When closing in, always try to bait the grab because it's negative as hell on block and whiff. They allow you to close some distance safely (dash, jump, etc)

Jumping is your friend in this MU (but don't just become a jump happy lunatic)

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
d3'ing under soul crush isn't really feasible because it has to be done on a read. Just block the soul crush and take your free dash. Oherwise walking is your friend. Remember you don't have to respect her wakeups in normal stance since meaty b2/33 beats singularity and SC.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
Hey guys, just figured out something to help you get rid of that last little pixel of health (which is hard to chip out with normals, blocked specials do way more chip). If you do
b2~tiara
the b2 is overhead and jails them standing on block so the tiara will chip them out, it can't be ducked. Might help if you want to chip someone out but don't want them getting too close.

Some other good things to chip people out are:
-iadg
-any string~4~MB Shield Bash (+9 on block, can be followed up with another MB shield bash)
-any string~Amazonion Uppercut (2 hits)

4x4lo8o

Noob
Hey guys, just figured out something to help you get rid of that last little pixel of health (which is hard to chip out with normals, blocked specials do way more chip). If you do
b2~tiara
the b2 is overhead and jails them standing on block so the tiara will chip them out, it can't be ducked. Might help if you want to chip someone out but don't want them getting too close.
If you mb the Tiara are they jailed standing for the mb part as well, or are they able to crouch and punish?

4x4lo8o

Noob
They are jailed standing for the whole thing. There's a lot of pushback and after MB tiara on block you are +3
Yeah, being positive on block was why I asked. This also lets you maintain pressure afterwards, it's not just an unsafe gimmick to end a round

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
When going for chip outs, b113~4~shield bash (or other strings into it, but I believe this has the smallest gap) is your best friend. Mb for more loops of shield bash, you can do like 20 percent chip with full meter.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Hey guys, I've been looking for a way to improve my WoWo. I've got lasso stance down pretty well, although there is still lots of stuff I've yet to utilize, but my main concern is that I get little to no use out of her trait. I've been doing fairly well without it but ideally the other stance would add another layer of depth to my game. How do you guys use it? I mean should I just play games in shield stance until I get it down? I've been trying some things but the mixups in lasso are already sooo freaking good it's hard to change it up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Hey guys, I've been looking for a way to improve my WoWo. I've got lasso stance down pretty well, although there is still lots of stuff I've yet to utilize, but my main concern is that I get little to no use out of her trait. I've been doing fairly well without it but ideally the other stance would add another layer of depth to my game. How do you guys use it? I mean should I just play games in shield stance until I get it down? I've been trying some things but the mixups in lasso are already sooo freaking good it's hard to change it up. Any advice would be appreciated.
I only switch for the extremely high damage combos (53% in the corner) and block strings advantage. After switching I stick to d1 for fast pokes and J2 for switch ups in between pokes. 1 frame parry means you can parry any attack w enough reaction time. F1 is a high but comes out extremely fast for jams.

And of course the amazing shield bash and toss :]

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I use shield stance in a couple of scenarios. One is if I am turtling. Between bash, d2 AA, and toss, its very difficult to approach. The second main situation I go into shield is to straight up bully my opponent, doomsday style. If I have a health and meter lead, I will just go all in with shield bash, which does really good chip. d2 is borderline impossible to react to, d1 frame traps, b2 mixups, etc. Just go in and give them hell. The third main reason is that in specific matchups, it is just easier... for example green lantern. And finally... sometimes it just messes with your opponents head, because they are suddenly fighting a completely different character. Think about these things and make judgement calls on which stance to play in at any moment. This is probably the hardest thing about playing WoWo and we all need to work on it some, I am sure.

DarkPage

Noob
I use shield stance in a couple of scenarios. One is if I am turtling. Between bash, d2 AA, and toss, its very difficult to approach. The second main situation I go into shield is to straight up bully my opponent, doomsday style. If I have a health and meter lead, I will just go all in with shield bash, which does really good chip. d2 is borderline impossible to react to, d1 frame traps, b2 mixups, etc. Just go in and give them hell. The third main reason is that in specific matchups, it is just easier... for example green lantern. And finally... sometimes it just messes with your opponents head, because they are suddenly fighting a completely different character. Think about these things and make judgement calls on which stance to play in at any moment. This is probably the hardest thing about playing WoWo and we all need to work on it some, I am sure.
Mind if i ask what are some go-to things you do to make the GL match up a bit easier in SS?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Mind if i ask what are some go-to things you do to make the GL match up a bit easier in SS?
I just personally play the spacing game, and try to bully him with shield bash at max, safe range. Shield toss for a quick check. You have your parry in between his string, which stops everything but b1 lift, which is really really risky when if WoWo blocks it she punishes for 50 percent. Basically my game plan overall is to gain the health lead ( obviously the hardest part, but WoWo has awesome damage) and then turtle really hard with shield stance. He HAS to approach you... and his only advancing attack is b1, which puts him in a shitty situation. Even if he mini guns for chip, you are in shield so you dont take much, and you have awesome options to check him with bash and toss. It just makes the match difficult for GL. This would be easier to answer if there was a specific thing you had difficulty with that I could give you options for.

DarkPage

Noob
I just personally play the spacing game, and try to bully him with shield bash at max, safe range. Shield toss for a quick check. You have your parry in between his string, which stops everything but b1 lift, which is really really risky when if WoWo blocks it she punishes for 50 percent. Basically my game plan overall is to gain the health lead ( obviously the hardest part, but WoWo has awesome damage) and then turtle really hard with shield stance. He HAS to approach you... and his only advancing attack is b1, which puts him in a shitty situation. Even if he mini guns for chip, you are in shield so you dont take much, and you have awesome options to check him with bash and toss. It just makes the match difficult for GL. This would be easier to answer if there was a specific thing you had difficulty with that I could give you options for.
Nothing outright specific but i just feel so uncomfortable in SS, and alot of times i have trouble spacing him with b2 and tiara in the neutral with Lasso. SO i was curious how you approached it in SS.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Nothing outright specific but i just feel so uncomfortable in SS, and alot of times i have trouble spacing him with b2 and tiara in the neutral with Lasso. SO i was curious how you approached it in SS.
You should learn to be comfortable in SS for sure. Just practice with it, you will get it quickly. And yeah using lasso is really hard sometimes against GL but it is also useful. Depends on your opponent some. You can blow up his zoning hard in lasso, but the neutral game is a lot harder.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Thanks guys, I implement the turtling already but the other stuff is where I want to be at. I'll just have to practice with it quite a bit I think, because dark page was absolutely right that it's a comfort level thing. I love the stance switch characters for their depth but we're essentially learning two very different styles in one. The match-up specific stuff is probably the toughest thing to learn but watching Foxy and Noobe was great for learning how it could be used in that match up, so that's one down...

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Thanks guys, I implement the turtling already but the other stuff is where I want to be at. I'll just have to practice with it quite a bit I think, because dark page was absolutely right that it's a comfort level thing. I love the stance switch characters for their depth but we're essentially learning two very different styles in one. The match-up specific stuff is probably the toughest thing to learn but watching Foxy and Noobe was great for learning how it could be used in that match up, so that's one down...
Yeah those videos were really helpful werent they? But yeah just work with the stance, it is a harder stance to play in overall but at the same time really rewarding in a lot of ways. Good luck.