What's new

General/Other "Champion of the Amazons!" Wonder Woman General Discussion

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
i was watching every single video i could find with ww and i noticed that shield stance is only used 1% of the matches. the only time it is used is to do shield bash after that. whats the point of using it. the normals are to slow and clunky. and the mobility is good but to get and apply pressure is very difficult. does shield stance need some changing ?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
i was watching every single video i could find with ww and i noticed that shield stance is only used 1% of the matches. the only time it is used is to do shield bash after that. whats the point of using it. the normals are to slow and clunky. and the mobility is good but to get and apply pressure is very difficult. does shield stance need some changing ?
it has good uses... trust me
Against NW it totally shuts his staff stance down off MB SB.
The j2 is super ambigious

b113 4~SB is a true block string which is + on block and easy to get BACK to Lasso on a good HC combo.

Problem is that Lasso stance is very powerful on its own... and can win most MU's by itself.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
it has good uses... trust me
Against NW it totally shuts his staff stance down off MB SB.
The j2 is super ambigious

b113 4~SB is a true block string which is + on block and easy to get BACK to Lasso on a good HC combo.

Problem is that Lasso stance is very powerful on its own... and can win most MU's by itself.
This ^^

Lasso is too good to really justify using the SS stance.

Its too bad too.

The only time I use sword stance.

After the 33, 23ss, 11b1, 11b1, 11b1, 11b1, f21db2 combo when the opponent is cornered.

Then your SS armor F3 is fucking awesome at stuffing wakeups.

You can F3 NJ3 11b1, 11b1, 11b1, 11b1, f21db2 as a overhead starter.

or

B2Ls, MB Forward Tiara, 33, 23ss, 11b1, 11b1, 11b1, 11b1, f21db2 as a low starter mixup.

Also frame trapping with SS D1 and D3 in the corner.

I though the bash would be good a chip weapon but instant airpunch, instant airdivepunch, air down tiara is better

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
if they nerf ww in the upcoming patch, would you guys be mad? and do you think she will get nerfed? i think her otg will removed and for some reason i have a feeling shes gonna lose some plus frames!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This ^^

Lasso is too good to really justify using the SS stance.

Its too bad too.
Well
I think i found a legit reason to use SS over Lasso

Aquaman MU.....
He shuts down lasso hard... but her b2 in Sword has massive range for a low. She also can just chip away at him while staying in + frames if he traits.
Needs more work... but I think SS is superior to Lasso in this MU.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Well
I think i found a legit reason to use SS over Lasso

Aquaman MU.....
He shuts down lasso hard... but her b2 in Sword has massive range for a low. She also can just chip away at him while staying in + frames if he traits.
Needs more work... but I think SS is superior to Lasso in this MU.
I'll have to try this, sometimes a good AM can make things difficult.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'll have to try this, sometimes a good AM can make things difficult.
you aren't inclined to jump as much in SS. She can cover ground and can land just as big a combo in that stance ....
I also found that it was much easier to chip away and bait his trait and still keep him locked down because she has a 1 frame parry at her disposal.

Ironheart

Dont know if this is new to anyone or not, but today in the lab with WW, i found that if you jump over the enemy in the corner as they are waking up then airdash back to their other side, it will reverse their wakeup direction. And from there she can divepunch into more pressure so i figure this may be a nice little way to end combos. I checked the anti air wakeups and so far only Doomsdays AA grab was fast enough to catch her on either side.

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
yo if you do jump 3 a lot it could be like catwomans jump 2. its hard to anti are and can cause good damage on hit. it also covers mad space. reason why im saying this is because its barely used. if you could train your opponent to not try to anti air you, it can cause a whole new mind game in the air.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I hope you're right. I don't really use that tech so if that does get nerfed I won't feel it.
I dont really use it either, i prefer just jumping in the air, making them guess which side im going for a full combo, or just rushing in their face for either a low 33 starter full combo, or a b23 overhead hit. The OTG is great but idk, just never felt it was necessary.

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
ok so i found out that shield stance is the best way to fight gl. you can parry the second hit if his low. i dont know the input. you can stop all his pressure and his zoning will only get him far. causing him to rush in.

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
I don't think enough people play her online to warrant a nerf... lol

Her OTG is the only truly crazy think about her. And you do not need it to win.
but her otg is where her mixups come from. take that away and she will become predictable.