What's new

Ceo Pre Registration Numbers are on Life Support for MK and Evo #s look terrible

coolwhip

Noob
You act like people are obligated to play MK out of some kind of misplaced respect for the game or the community. If people do not like the game or have grown past it, they don't need to play it out of loyalty. If my first burger was at McDonalds, and I loved it and went there everyday until I finally tasted a true good burger, you think I am ever going back to McDonald's for nostalgia?

People are not obligated to play MK. But the same people who have now grown past MK have simply done so because another game has been released (of course, there are exceptions), not because they had grown tired of MK or don't want to deal with its problems. Unless I'm supposed to believe they didn't enjoy playing at MLG Dallas, NEC, or Final Round. It's still the same game, yet they can't play two at the same time? Now I'm not saying everyone should do this. I'm sure some people have genuinely moved on for MK, and may have mentally done so even before Injustice was released. But that certainly doesn't apply to everyone.

MK scene's rose-colored view of other games showing up again...this happens so many other places its not just MK IS LAZY or w/e

hell, you wanna talk about capcom players? right after mvc3 first came out, its first major (final round) had *8 PLAYERS* for mvc2. there are legitimate arguments for that being a better game than mk9 (though i'm not the one to make them), yet it died faster than mk9. think about that, especially in light of the fact that marvel scene was bigger than mk's...

guilty gear also dropped off more sharply than mk9 did when blazblue first came out. it wasnt until after people got fed up with BB that decent GG side tournaments started happening again. for another capcom example, i would say 3s experienced about the same effect as mk9 when sf4 came out.

it's not an MK thing, it's just the reality of the overall scene these days. currently there is no good financial incentive for a console game to last 10 years competitively. and injustice is still more of an "MK" game than anything else because of how it feels etc., so it's going to be seen as an MK replacement and not like SF/Marvel coexisting. that's just how things are...

coolwhip

Noob
I think a better analogy would be this:

It's like you have a fish. The fish was a good friend, it had it's flaws...but it was still a good fish. One day you got a new fish. You thought both fish would flourish together. Unfortunately, the new fish got really agressive towards the old fish...to save the fishes life you had to spend more money then you were willing to spend on a fish. You let the fish live out it's days as comfortably as you could, but in the end, the old fish dies.

But what if you had the chance to save the old fish, that you liked just fine before getting the new fish? Why would you let it die? Why not have both fish, enjoy one more than the other, but give enough attention to that poor old fish?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
But what if you had the chance to save the old fish, that you liked just fine before getting the new fish? Why would you let it die? Why not have both fish, enjoy one more than the other, but give enough attention to that poor old fish?

Because unfortunately, to save the life of the old fish you had to spend more money than you were willing to pay for a fish. You had to make the tough decision. Do you spend money on an old fish that is on it's way out, or do you let the fish live out it's old days peacefully.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
hell, you wanna talk about capcom players? right after mvc3 first came out, its first major (final round) had *8 PLAYERS* for mvc2. there are legitimate arguments for that being a better game than mk9 (though i'm not the one to make them), yet it died faster than mk9. think about that, especially in light of the fact that marvel scene was bigger than mk's...

guilty gear also dropped off more sharply than mk9 did when blazblue first came out. it wasnt until after people got fed up with BB that decent GG side tournaments started happening again. for another capcom example, i would say 3s experienced about the same effect as mk9 when sf4 came out.

it's not an MK thing, it's just the reality of the overall scene these days. currently there is no good financial incentive for a console game to last 10 years competitively. and injustice is still more of an "MK" game than anything else because of how it feels etc., so it's going to be seen as an MK replacement and not like SF/Marvel coexisting. that's just how things are...

You're talking about a game that was out for 10 years before a sequel or legitimate successor was released and when the FGC was a fraction of the size it is now opposed to a game that was out for 2 years before a successor came out when the FGC is pulling major numbers.

5 years between XX and Blazblue. 9 years between 3rd Strike and 4.

"Good financial incentive for a console game to last 10 years competitively", don't even know what you mean by this. When has it ever been a "good financial incentive"? It feels like MK but it's really different from MK like SFxT feels like SF4 but is really different from SF4.

coolwhip

Noob
Because unfortunately, to save the life of the old fish you had to spend more money than you were willing to pay for a fish. You had to make the tough decision. Do you spend money on an old fish that is on it's way out, or do you let the fish live out it's old days peacefully.

I really struggle to believe that the reason the old fish died, its owner was unwilling to spend an extra $20. This may apply to some owners, but certainly not most.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I really struggle to believe that the reason the old fish died, its owner was unwilling to spend an extra $20. This may apply to some owners, but certainly not most.

Sure $20 doesn't seem like a whole lot...but over the course of it's life you invested $10.00 30 times. That new 20.00 bill coupled with the gas it takes to go to the vet makes it hard for the owner to commit to spending more money on it.

gdf

Noob
I'll still play, if I can spend money on Injustice tournaments, I'll spend money on MK tournaments. MK9 is still my favorite MK fighter.

Glass Sword

Nobody
I still love MK9. I entered both games it was easy. I guess. I'm one of those twenty guys who still care even though I have decided I'll never b,e a winner at the game. I don't play one of the top characters and I have not been able to play outside of practice mode. Yet I still find myself caring about a game. I could never master at a high enough level to matter. If your there for Injustice the least you could do is support the game one more time.

AK Pig Of The Hut, man it is a sad truth. As great as mk9 was going to start the yr, IGAU is stomping the floor with it and it is on life support right now. If evo numbers aren't good, we can consider this game "dead" when I comes to being a major game in tournaments. I'll always support mk9/play it with IGAU no matter what, it's the game that got me super good in general as a fighting game player and the game I learned about things like frame data and stuff. Mk9 has had some great tournaments, but evo might be the last big bang for us :(

Should also talk about IGAU having 5 entrants at NLBC last week, according to Challonge page, LOL. Dafuq happened there.

Soon there will be no NRS game!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Should also talk about IGAU having 5 entrants at NLBC last week, according to Challonge page, LOL. Dafuq happened there.

NLBC is a local, a poor showing there means absolutely nothing. I mean its not like it has been getting 100+ at majors. Come on.

I also think some people need to realize what they are saying. They want MK9 to be hype, but want people to enter that havent played it in months. You could see it at UFGT as well, in GF Dizzy was dropping KL combos like crazy, King too. The game cannot possibly be hype if people are not practicing. Problem is practicing MK is taking away from practicing IGAU, which is what many people want to do.

My point is we can support the game until the end, but dont expect super high level play or hyped matches, becauswe the overall level of play is going to go down(as it should)

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

well Freecom players are starting to drop the game at an alarming rate, most thought they could pick this up and body us free since we MK9 players have no fundamentals........ only a handful still play this game, nerdjosh was a tester and i believe he no longer plays or cares about this game. same with J wong and countless others.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

The NY scene is an absolute disaray imo and theres no one leading, no sense of direction and rightfully so because the players in that area have their own agendas

Pig Of The Hut

well Freecom players are starting to drop the game at an alarming rate, most thought they could pick this up and body us free since we MK9 players have no fundamentals........ only a handful still play this game, nerdjosh was a tester and i believe he no longer plays or cares about this game. same with J wong and countless others.
we need to track them down and ask them

Im very interested to find out why

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
And the people that are bashing injustice aren't even playing mk. What is this...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

NLBC is a local, a poor showing there means absolutely nothing. I mean its not like it has been getting 100+ at majors. Come on.

I also think some people need to realize what they are saying. They want MK9 to be hype, but want people to enter that havent played it in months. You could see it at UFGT as well, in GF Dizzy was dropping KL combos like crazy, King too. The game cannot possibly be hype if people are not practicing. Problem is practicing MK is taking away from practicing IGAU, which is what many people want to do.

My point is we can support the game until the end, but dont expect super high level play or hyped matches, becauswe the overall level of play is going to go down(as it should)
dizzy doesn't even main lao..................., he mains cage, that point is super pointless to even say. Also if you watched my match vs dizzy for example, that match showcased high lvl footsies, rushdown, AA's, and etc. I dnt give a crap what anyone says, we can still support mk9 with IGAU. Why just let a game die? we won't ever be at the level of Capcom games if we let games die just bcuz it has some "issues". Marvel vs Capcom has plenty of broken stuff, but ppl still love and support that game no matter what. I aint forcing no one to enter mk9, if they want to let the game that brought this community together in the new age of fighting games die, so be it. But if this is want is going to happen all the time, we won't ever catch up to Capcom, we'll always be like "substitutes".

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
EMP Dragongod
Rico Suave
Funkdoc
Aris
Floe
Art
Flux
PR Balrog
Rip
EMP KDZ
CORN Alucard
Bibulus
EMP Royal Lance

Off the top of my head players who are not MKC competing in Injustice. Whether MK fanboys like it or not we are no longer the MKC, we are the Injustice community.

AK Pig Of The Hut, it seems to me that ppl just want all NRS games to become like this unfortunately, which means we won't ever come close to Capcom games. I guarantee you once MK10 comes out, IGAU will did like mk9. NRS seems to be like one time things, they last for however long then get murdered by the newer NRS game, smh.

Pig Of The Hut

EMP Dragongod
Rico Suave
Funkdoc
Aris
Floe
Art
Flux
PR Balrog
Rip
EMP KDZ
CORN Alucard
Bibulus
EMP Royal Lance

Off the top of my head players who are not MKC competing in Injustice. Whether MK fanboys like it or not we are no longer the MKC, we are the Injustice community.
That llist makes me hype