What's new

Ceo Pre Registration Numbers are on Life Support for MK and Evo #s look terrible

coolwhip

Noob
By the way, for those talking about MK's problems and comparing it to Injustice, that is not the point of this thread. The point is about support. I know you want to say problems and choosing to not play the game go hand in hand, but really, you've played it for two years, what's another couple of tournaments? Nobody is asking you to support the game after EVO (although you should), but at least give it the send off it deserves.

Johnny Kahl

Ready to eat lead?
I live in Aus and even I would make the trip if I could afford it, even to just get bodied! MK deserves the most glorious of send outs and EVO for a 3rd yr is it!

You absolutely can compare.

They exist longer: By what? 4-5 years? This literally means nothing. If some new company came out with a fighter that easily eclipsed every other fighter out there in number of entrants for 5 straight years would anyone talk about the "longevity" of the franchise/community? Who cares about how long a community has been around, what matters is the here and now. Here and now we can't support 2 games and it's ridiculous.

Have more players: Yes they do, who cares? If 60 MK community players sign up for Injustice and MK is getting 12 then that's a problem, regardless of how many more players another community has.

More competition: I don't know what this means. More top players? More "on the bubble" players? If a community is considerably larger then of course it will have more competition.

Better Games: Overall? I would say so, they've released almost double the number of fighters that NRS/Midway has, you're gonna get a lot of gems out of that. But they also have a large numbers of stinkers and/or several releases of the same fighter to get it "right". But that's besides my point, better games don't mean dick in the FGC. KoFXIII is arguably the best fighting game out right now, it usually has close to, or THE lowest entrants of mainstream fighters. Vanilla SFxT was seen as an awful game by many and yet it eclipsed KoFXIII numerous times. TTT2 is seen as one of the best fighters out right now and yet it barely beats MK9 in the number of entrants at times.
I was talking about Capcom. Specially SF4 and UMVC3

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I thought about writing this huge thing but why should I?

I wanna know the following

Why did ect have 180 for inj for 20 for mk?

Ufgt 180 and 63 for mk

CEO 105 pre preregistered for inj so far and 20 for mk being the lowest registered for game?

This is disgusting. Im calling out all of you who signed up for INJ at ect, ufgt, ceo and ditn support the game that brought us all together. The game that was selected to be a main game at EVO but literally I wouldnt blame them now if they dropped it. Who cares if they drop it? Obviously not many people. CEO mk9 tourney is going to be almost a top player exhibition training session and not even a real tourney.

I wanna know why the faces of our game without naming names have completely stopped supporting it. Who cares if you get bodied? Support the game that brought us all together and try to keep it going?

WHY DOES CHRIS G SUPPORT MORTAL KOMBAT MORE THAN THE MORTAL KOMBAT COMMUNITY?!?!?!?!

Is this what you guys want? The game to die out like this?

2011 evo we had about 550
2012 evo we had about 300
2013 im expecting 60-80 and thats pathetic

Why is it the Mortal Kombat community is too lazy to support two games when capcom can, hell mostof them support our games at first and continue to support others.

I will call out names but id rather people just come out and say why they dont support MK anymore. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Tom Brady
Brady retired from MK 9, effectively relinquishing his title as Sub-Zero of America which automatically places me in the running as a Number 1 contender for that title. :cool:

If NRS fixes those bugs the game has, and also fixes some players for balancing purposes, and maybe add new players (all these are possible), maybe instead of a topic for disgusting number we would have a topic for amazing numbers. This game could be the best figting game by FAR, why the hell don't they support it... some fixes/changes and maybe additions and it could be to EVO for 10 more years.

Some of us don't really like Injustice and MK10 is not happening soon. Why doesn't NRS support MK9? This game could have everything it needs to stay alive for years.

coolwhip

Noob
How dare anyone try to harass people for not signing up for Mortal Kombat9?! If they don't want to play a game, who are you to say they are a bad person because of that? It's their $10-20, they can spend it as they see fit.

Going along the lines of, "support the game that got us here"; if you say this you better be fucking entering umk3 at every tournament as well. The only people I see doing that are reo, li joe, Chris g, shock, and ac1984. So if you're not one of them, you have no room to bash people for not entering mk9.

UMK3 is at EVO this year?

astronout

see you at the top.
why play a game that you obviously do not enjoy anymore? for some of us, MK9 was our first fighting game, so when we got exposure to what is with out a doubt a more well constructed game, we decided to play that in MK's place. No need to ask where the support for MK is, it is apparent that is behind Injustice.

coolwhip

Noob
why play a game that you obviously do not enjoy anymore? for some of us, MK9 was our first fighting game, so when we got exposure to what is with out a doubt a more well constructed game, we decided to play that in MK's place. No need to ask where the support for MK is, it is apparent that is behind Injustice.

Listen, I understand this, but it implies that people only have to play the best game (or in this case, the most "well-constructed"). People feel Injustice is better than MK? Good. Play Injustice. Practice it hardcore. But what's stopping them from participating in MK tourneys as well? The two games aren't mutually exclusive. There's no dilemma.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
The fact that players like Tom Brady who was instrumental to the game early on refuses to enter anymore tournaments gives off a bigger message than most of you do by entering it.

Unfortunately, MK was one patch away from being perfect. No one feels like wasting their money to play against the KKK.

I love MK, but it does not shock me a bit that people just don't want to play it anymore.

Sadly, Injustice will get like this sooner than we realize unless something is done as well.

cyke_out

Noob
Listen, I understand this, but it implies that people only have to play the best game (or in this case, the most "well-constructed"). People feel Injustice is better than MK? Good. Play Injustice. Practice it hardcore. But what's stopping them from participating in MK tourneys as well? The two games aren't mutually exclusive. There's no dilemma.
You act like people are obligated to play MK out of some kind of misplaced respect for the game or the community. If people do not like the game or have grown past it, they don't need to play it out of loyalty. If my first burger was at McDonalds, and I loved it and went there everyday until I finally tasted a true good burger, you think I am ever going back to McDonald's for nostalgia?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I respect everyone who's willing to keep playing MK9 because they love it. With that said:

People are free to enter whatever games they want, including SF, Marvel, KoF, or whatever else. That doesn't mean they should get blown up if they don't. Like Arma said, if a SF player decides he wants to focus on trying to be the best at Marvel, are you really going to blow him up for not playing AE? And again that's considering that AE is supported to this day and receiving updates, so it's not even a great comparison.

I can understand the competitive mentality of not wanting to play something unless you're going to give it your all and go 100%.

Nonetheless I will continue to hype up and support MK and MK players as long as it's around; but everyone needs to get off the moral high horse and let people do what they want to do with their money and time.

astronout

see you at the top.
playing a game out of obligation instead of enjoyment will only cause the mk community to suffer as numbers continue to diminish. gaming competitively has to come from passion, of which I believe will not come until MK's next title.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
.....I don't travel...never have, but FOR MK, I'm flying my ass to Vegas and participating in it at EVO. I was really hoping that this wasn't the direction the game would of headed(the most obvious) when Injustice dropped.

Legit question: Does the majority of the MKC live out in the boonies? (I do, sort of) I wish I could support the game more, but traveling any farther than the city I live near is out of the question.

Everyone has their own reasons for not wanting to play, but you can also have reasons TO play it:
-its fun
-you like the game/franchise? (sonic games that come out are shitty to mediocre at best, doesn't stop me from playing them)

For me, its the thrill of meeting the same person in the next tournament 6 months later and finally exacting your sweet, sweet revenge upon them. I use Ermac, and only Ermac. Going in with a losing mentality is too easy. When I sit next to my opponent, I think that they're going to need to cuff me by the time we're done playing, because someone is getting charged with rape.

Anyway, I'm still getting everyone to sign this t-shirt dammit. Its only unfortunate that the "lbsh mk is dead" part of it is true this time. :(

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Anyone falling back on being out of practice can GTFO, I entered MK9 @ colosseum games last month knowing I had completely forgotten the intricacies of every relevant matchup having not played offline (or at all for that matter, GG region lock) for 9 months, botched 9/10 of my AA attempts, knowing the turnout would be shitty, and got blown up because of mis-executed inputs, but I still did it for the future of MK.

Just remember, this time 3 years ago, we weren't even sure if there was ever going to be an MK game again. Do you guys want to go through all of that all over again?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I wanna look into it but I find it odd the NE , a place w 120 man MK majors all mainly w people from that area mustered 20 people
hey i still supported mk9 at ect 5 and i went 1-2...... a lot of the injustice players, mainly the scrubbies are capcom, anime, or other scene people coming to injustice to play. i can almost confirm this was the case at ect5 except for brady and cd jr and i think his borthers not sure tbh. people who stopped supporting MK is pretty sad, i hate the game myself and i still tried my best, got bodied by khaotic and Fraudvonchoke........ so am sorry the east coast didn't support MK9 that well.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I don't know. Injustice is the new game. People are obviously going to flock to whatever is new. I mean to be honest I am surprised MK lasted as long as it did. MK10 will come around and it will be just like the old days. For now I think it is about time to step down and let Injustice do its thing. I mean obviously I am an MK guy, I want good numbers to turn out. I mean I am so hyped to watch and see who gets top 8 at both CEO and EVO for MK. I am not too interested in Injustice because I kind of already know how it will turn out. However, Injustice is getting a lot of attention. I don't see the harm for signing up for both... but I definitely see why one would rather just sign up for one.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The game is like 3 years old. I dont blame some people with being tired of it, you all act like shelling out 10 bucks isnt that big a deal. For me to shell out ten bucks just to get destroyed in a game that I do not enjoy playing, just to "support"? I understand why some people would not want to waste their time.

That said, I am entering MK as long as I can. And I play Baraka, so all the "the game is broken" BS does make me laugh.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Another way to think about it is this; community needs ecosystem to survive. If all the people doing MK shows stopped doing their shows, all the people doing podcasts stopped, all the casual MK streams stopped, save for maybe 1 or 2.. Most of the tech-contribution stopped.. The online level-up learn-a-new-character tournaments stopped.. The donations to get players and friends to tournaments stopped.. Then how can you blow people up for not entering the tournaments?

Not to mention that at a number of recent pre-injustice high-profile MK events and majors, people blew the tournament organizers up so badly over minor issues that it's a wonder those guys even have the heart to continue to put the events on. Our community absolutely fried some of the guys who put the most time in to try to make things happen for other people.

That's backwards to me. If you want the numbers, then bring back the shows, the podcasts, the community support, and the hype. Put the word out and make the game look like it's still alive. Start supporting your TOs instead of making them want to quit.

But if not.. Can you blame people for not registering when there's absolute silence until tournament day?

It's like you have a fish, and you stopped feeding it -- and then you yell bloody murder at the fish because it looks like it's dying. What do you think is going to happen to the fish?

coolwhip

Noob
playing a game out of obligation instead of enjoyment will only cause the mk community to suffer as numbers continue to diminish. gaming competitively has to come from passion, of which I believe will not come until MK's next title.

If people don't enjoy the game at all, I understand not playing it. But not playing it simply because Injustice is a better game in their eyes is a bit dubious.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It's like you have a fish, and you stopped feeding it, and then you yell bloody murder at the fish because it looks like it's dying. What do you think is going to happen to the fish?

I think a better analogy would be this:

It's like you have a fish. The fish was a good friend, it had it's flaws...but it was still a good fish. One day you got a new fish. You thought both fish would flourish together. Unfortunately, the new fish got really agressive towards the old fish...to save the fishes life you had to spend more money then you were willing to spend on a fish. You let the fish live out it's days as comfortably as you could, but in the end, the old fish dies.