What's new

Ceo Pre Registration Numbers are on Life Support for MK and Evo #s look terrible

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
I entered MK in ECT (my first major for MK), CEO, and EVO this year. Currently deciding if this will be the last time I will enter MK at majors and just stick to tournaments or not. On one hand, MK is one of my favorite fighters of all time. I play multiple varieties of fighters (Capcom, SNK, Anime, etc) since fighting games is the only genre I play. I played it since UMK3 and went on to MK4, MKDA, MKD, MKA, then MK9. After all those years of MK, I would never leave MK hanging like that. But on the other hand, I don't feel confident one bit that I would do any better than 0-2 entering an MK tournament with a bunch of sponsored sharks. There's just no way i'm going to earn my money's worth entering an MK major tournament and getting bodied and my money taken. Plus, i'm a character loyalist. Yes, I care about winning with a character I want to win with. Liu is the only character I know how to use. lol I might as well stick to local tournaments for MK as a way to stay loyal to the kommunity.

It's something i'm debating in my head. I just give myself props I'm actually flying to CEO where MK is one of the games I will be entering.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
I still don't understand the Injustice hype of this community, i like the game, but not the same way i like mk9. mk9 was so hype, i collected every mk9 pics, photos, trailers, demo gameplay vids, magazine scan, talked about what mk9 story would be in Kamidogu (Austraylia MK fan forum, there're full of casual members who don't give a shit about tournaments, only story), it was such a good time :(.

I entered MK in ECT (my first major for MK), CEO, and EVO this year. Currently deciding if this will be the last time I will enter MK at majors and just stick to tournaments or not. On one hand, MK is one of my favorite fighters of all time. I play multiple varieties of fighters (Capcom, SNK, Anime, etc) since fighting games is the only genre I play. I played it since UMK3 and went on to MK4, MKDA, MKD, MKA, then MK9. After all those years of MK, I would never leave MK hanging like that. But on the other hand, I don't feel confident one bit that I would do any better than 0-2 entering an MK tournament with a bunch of sponsored sharks. There's just no way i'm going to earn my money's worth entering an MK tournament and getting bodied and my money taken.

It's something i'm debating in my head. I jsut give myself props i'm actually flying to CEO where MK is one of the games I will be entering.
Good luck at CEO and EVO.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
There are a lot of good posts in here.

There are also a lot of crap posts in here.

A lot of people trying to pass off opinions as facts. But hey, thats the internet. Here is my take:

I came to the scene late. I was an online warrior until January of this year when I finally started attempting to level up, compete, and train with a legit offline scene. I never went to tournaments, but I knew who everyone was from reading forums, watching streams, etc. At a certain local tournament, a certain top player showed up who was friends with the guys I trained with. I asked for a set, and was declined, told "I don't play this trash game anymore". I told him I understood his distaste for the game, but if he was just going to hang out all night, could he find 5 minutes to play a first to 3 with me, it would mean a lot to me. He declined again. I asked one last time later in the night, but he wouldnt budge. He'd rather sit on the couch and complain, then give a legit supporter 3 games. At some point during the night he said "I'll come back tomorrow and we'll play" but that never happened. It was a blowoff.

This left a permanent bad taste in my mouth, and because of that I told myself if I ever became anything at all in this community, I'd never turn down someone who asked for a game. Well, a few months have passed and Lo and Behold, since I co-host a podcast on MK, people do actually think it's cool to play me, and strangers ask for games. I never say no because I remember my run in I described earlier.

Whats my point? My opinion is that I owe it to the community to give back. Since IGAU came out, Ive entered two tournaments, and I also entered MK in both. And I will continue to do so. I feel I owe it to the game, and the community to continue to play this game. So many people have put so much time and effort into it, I would feel wrong letting it die without a fight.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, just sharing my story and hoping it might make others continue to support.