What's new

Question - Goro Boon hints at Goro's playstyle, "ever played Doomsday in Injustice?"

What are you even crying about? It makes plenty of sense for NRS to give consumers incentive to purchase their product right out of the gate. If you want the game, and you want to play as Goro, lock your purchase in with $5 and stfu. If you don't, get bodied by my Goro and wish you weren't such a cheap, stubborn crybaby when the game initially came out.
Would you be opposed to NRS using a Killer Instinct pricing model, and giving consumers the option of buying whichever character(s) they want for $5 each on PSN or XBL?

LemyAddum

༄འ༌ཨ༌ཤ༌ས༌མ༌ཧ༎
This Goro reminds me of the MK movie version.

The MK9 version of Goro looked like Karl Pilkington.

The thing about mb venom is if you backdash after it hits you create a 50/50 guessing game for the dd player. With dd's damage, its never in our favor..in otherwords mb venom is fine
no it is not... it's a get in for free cannot be countered move unless the doomsday has absolutely horrible spacing and leads to free pressure... doomsday would be bad if it weren't for corner shit but that's beside the point.... his playstyle lends to a thoughtless pattern form of playstyle and he is a crutch for bad players with no fundamentals... i don't care if he "plays like he should.."... he could play like he should and not be so cookie cutter. Btw grab is 10 frames and it counters backdash and standing there...

Also that sort of shit would ruin a game which looks to possibly have a footsie game.

Are you kidding me!? Doomsday is one of the best designed characters in the game! He plays EXACTLY like you would expect the character to. Is he a perfectly balanced character? No, but he is a great representation of Doomsday.
that i could have been dotted in a different way... he's not the worst design in the game... that belongs to flash

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
You mean like the pre-cursor to Venom that the Shokan characters had years before Doomsday? The Tele-stomp.

Of course that's going to be in, and it'll probably be one of the moves shared between all variations.
I think you're thinking of Supernova. I seriously don't mind supernova at all. Its more of a gimmick at this point.

MB Venom is what kills the spacing/footsie game. Either way, yay Goro. I know this game is going to be sick. I'm just hoping there's less idgaf woohoo gameplay and instead more leaning toward solid play. I'll deal with it, either way it'll still be great.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Oh.

I haven't played Injustice since Martian Manhunter came out, I don't remember most move names.

I never heard anyone complain about that one before, I mostly heard complaints about earth shaker or supernova.

E

Eldriken

@Peckapowa You're STILL saying Doomsday is a crutch for bad players with no fundamentals? I need to start a tally sheet or something, because that's all you ever say about him.

Doomsday in the hands of a bad player doesn't suddenly make them a good player. They're still going to suck. End of story.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
@Peckapowa You're STILL saying Doomsday is a crutch for bad players with no fundamentals? I need to start a tally sheet or something, because that's all you ever say about him.

Doomsday in the hands of a bad player doesn't suddenly make them a good player. They're still going to suck. End of story.
I agree.

If you lose to a bad player using Doomsday, either they aren't a bad player, or you are.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Man if you're calling betrayal when we're only 9 characters inside a cast of at least 24 you're gonna be calling for it a lot.

I'm down with the Shokan personally, but I'm hedging my bets. Seeing more of Cassie Cage made me like her less for example.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Scumbag traitor. Cant wait for him to be Sheeva tier.
While i'm getting things off of my chest right now.

I've always liked Ferra/Torr better than Kotal, all along.

And I made the Kotal Kahn Pre-Release Discussion thread, and i've contributed the second most amount to informing people about him and how he works, after Eddy Wang.

Fuck all that though, IT'S GORO TIME!

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
While i'm getting things off of my chest right now.

I've always liked Ferra/Torr better than Kotal, all along.

And I made the Kotal Kahn Pre-Release Discussion thread, and i've contributed the second most amount to informing people about him and how he works, after Eddy Wang.

Fuck all that though, IT'S GORO TIME!
Well its not like my main is set on stone anyway.
For real, though, shit tier Goro here we go!