What's new

Question - Goro Boon hints at Goro's playstyle, "ever played Doomsday in Injustice?"

He looks cool...but what is this shit about Goro being playable only if you pre-order? That's low, NRS. Even for you.
He will be playable in the game whether u pre order, or not. My guess is he has to be unlocked through some method in the game, but if u pre order, u will get him from the jump.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I keep seeing this baffling mentality of people acting all offended at the notion of having 8 whole months to secure a copy of their game with a measly $5 deposit. Check behind your couch cushions a few times between now and April. There, you've got Goro. Now get lost.
That's miles away from the point. The money is irrelevant. It makes no sense for a character on the playable roster to be only unlocked through a pre-order of the game in a fighting game. Pre-orders only help the middlemen - your GameStops, your BestBuys, etc. They also help in basic marketing projections, but in the end the people who will pre-order will buy it anyway, effectively making no difference.

Let's put this another way. Assuming you can only play as Goro (in online ranked, etc.) if you pre-order, this would be exactly the same thing as if, in MK9, they said "Pre-order now so you can play Smoke." ...what? No.

Dark

Noob
He will be playable in the game whether u pre order, or not. My guess is he has to be unlocked through some method in the game, but if u pre order, u will get him from the jump.
I doubt he'll be unlocked in the game, not much of a preorder bonus if you unlock the character first day anyway. He'll probably be dlc for everyone who doesn't have him eventually though.

I doubt he'll be unlocked in the game, not much of a preorder bonus if you unlock the character first day anyway. He'll probably be dlc for everyone who doesn't have him eventually though.
Who said he would be so easy to unlock on the first day? U never know what methods NRS has planned to make players work for an unlockable, I'm just going based off what other company's have done in the past, say like EA with the Bruce Lee bonus pre order for EA MMA, he was an unlockable once u beat career mode, but was given to people from the jump who pre ordered, I don't think this really needs to be considered dlc content, just a lil bonus for pre ordering.

don't worry guys, i'm sure goro will be playable beyond pre order. game companies like repeating history with 'complete editions' too.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
As stupid as earthshaker was, I'll suck it up and deal with it if something similar comes into MkX.

But if he has a move like MB Venom.... which just eliminates any sort of footsies against him unless you have a parry and gives him free pressure practically whenever he wants... not cool.

I really want the spacing game, with all the great mobility options, to really shine in this game. I've been so pleased with the character playstyles so far BECAUSE they are more honest playstyles in which you don't get anything for free (as it looks at least).

Pllllease no braindead free pressure moves. This game's footsies will be so bleh if there is.
The thing about mb venom is if you backdash after it hits you create a 50/50 guessing game for the dd player. With dd's damage, its never in our favor..in otherwords mb venom is fine

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
That's miles away from the point. The money is irrelevant. It makes no sense for a character on the playable roster to be only unlocked through a pre-order of the game in a fighting game. Pre-orders only help the middlemen - your GameStops, your BestBuys, etc. They also help in basic marketing projections, but in the end the people who will pre-order will buy it anyway, effectively making no difference.

Let's put this another way. Assuming you can only play as Goro (in online ranked, etc.) if you pre-order, this would be exactly the same thing as if, in MK9, they said "Pre-order now so you can play Smoke." ...what? No.
What are you even crying about? It makes plenty of sense for NRS to give consumers incentive to purchase their product right out of the gate. If you want the game, and you want to play as Goro, lock your purchase in with $5 and stfu. If you don't, get bodied by my Goro and wish you weren't such a cheap, stubborn crybaby when the game initially came out.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The thing about mb venom is if you backdash after it hits you create a 50/50 guessing game for the dd player. With dd's damage, its never in our favor..in otherwords mb venom is fine
It is fine. Its not broken or anything. It just makes it so the general spacing game against him isn't as relevant and it makes watching fights against him and fighting against him yourself very... bleh. It's sort of like fighting El Fuerte in Sf4. Its just annoying.

That said, I play Raven and can't backdash after blocked Mb Venom so I probably hate it more than other people.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
It is fine. Its not broken or anything. It just makes it so the general spacing game against him isn't as relevant and it makes watching fights against him and fighting against him yourself very... bleh. It's sort of like fighting El Fuerte in Sf4. Its just annoying.

That said, I play Raven and can't backdash after blocked Mb Venom so I probably hate it more than other people.
So your saying i should play el fuerte in sf?

E

Eldriken

I got to find out first hand how much you hate Doomsday. :DOGE

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student

You watch Jimquisition too?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Jumping off the Kotal Kahn bandwagon pretty quickly, I see.

I'm fucking backflipping off of it and cartwheeling into Goro's arms.

I'd really love it if NRS made the character model really big like Goro really is.
Say 1.2 or 1.3 the height of Subby or Scorpion. That would be awesome as fuck.

Although I doubt it will happen because of the hitboxes and game system/engine... etc.
1. Doomsday worked, and they are both about the same size.

2. If they can manage hitbox of a character that is literally a person stacked on top of a much bigger person, I think they can manage Goro.

But if he has a move like MB Venom.... which just eliminates any sort of footsies against him unless you have a parry and gives him free pressure practically whenever he wants... not cool.
You mean like the pre-cursor to Venom that the Shokan characters had years before Doomsday? The Tele-stomp.

Of course that's going to be in, and it'll probably be one of the moves shared between all variations.

Last edited: