What's new

Question - Goro Boon hints at Goro's playstyle, "ever played Doomsday in Injustice?"

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
As stupid as earthshaker was, I'll suck it up and deal with it if something similar comes into MkX.

But if he has a move like MB Venom.... which just eliminates any sort of footsies against him unless you have a parry and gives him free pressure practically whenever he wants... not cool.

I really want the spacing game, with all the great mobility options, to really shine in this game. I've been so pleased with the character playstyles so far BECAUSE they are more honest playstyles in which you don't get anything for free (as it looks at least).

Pllllease no braindead free pressure moves. This game's footsies will be so bleh if there is.

Colares

Noob
If he's similar to Doomsday and I like how he looks if/when we get a gameplay trailer, hell yes. I'll just use Kotal Kahn as a secondary.

Now, the REAL issue will be if he plays like Doomsday and Kitana makes it into the game. I will be torn as hell.
Can't wait for rushdown Kitana with pretty kicks and air dash rushing down

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
So, in case you missed the big news for today... the Shokan Boss character in Mortal Kombat, Goro was announced today as a pre-order exclusive. Boon has been hinting at Goro for days on Twitter and the time has finally come. Goro has not been universally playable since Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, which had every Mortal Kombat character, boss or not, playable.

The next question is, how will he play? With the brand new variation system we can only imagine what that will leave in store for his playstyle. However, Boon has hinted at Goro playing similar to how Doomsday plays in Injustice.

View attachment 9050

View attachment 9051

Source: @noobde
Why can't he play like grundy :(

mkkevin

Noob
I'm mostly excited about his dialogue with the characters, I preferred him as a boss... And I was hoping that he and Sheeva would come together and have a kid for a playable Shokan...

The Highlander

There can be only one
All I see is Shao Kahn shoulders and earth shaker
Exactly, pretty simple. Doomsday is a wrecking ball who just gets faster, and tougher each time he gets beat. I will give you that SG is equally well designed for his character though, and more hype to watch.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
He looks cool...but what is this shit about Goro being playable only if you pre-order? That's low, NRS. Even for you.

Slymind

Noob
I expect at least one of his variations to be a grappler.

But, sure, rushdown Goro should be interesting.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
He looks cool...but what is this shit about Goro being playable only if you pre-order? That's low, NRS. Even for you.
I keep seeing this baffling mentality of people acting all offended at the notion of having 8 whole months to secure a copy of their game with a measly $5 deposit. Check behind your couch cushions a few times between now and April. There, you've got Goro. Now get lost.

NurzBenny

Old Member
always thought earth shaker would've been twice as easy to block with a block button, i have nothing to substantiate this, but the high low game in MK never felt as daunting as just knowing your spacing . . . and all the other bullshit MK9 gave you to deal with lol.That said I highly doubt Boon meant ZOMG DOOMSDAY verbatim, just that Goro will have at least one variation that's gonna scare you shitless when he's next to you.Add me into the group that thinks doomsday was excellently designed. The character legitimately scared me at launch, and was spot on a representation of the character as there was in Injustice (maybe next to braindead, invincible pre patch superman)