What's new

Boon asked "WHO'S NEXT?" @ GamesCom, he replied, "The next reveal is a "bad guy"

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ermac isn't a bad guy currently, not til I see proof. He WAS early on in both timelines originally under Shao Kahn's power, but turned good in the future. In the original timeline he was freed by Kenshi's sword releasing him from Shao Kahn's dark magic hold. In this one, Shao Kahn got vaporized by the Elder Gods instantly freeing him. I highly doubt Ermac will be "evil" if anything I see him as being neutral or good in MK X. He has no reason to be evil given his ending.

It's probably Quan-Chi, Shinnok or Reptile. Possibly Mileena.

I prefer playing evil characters so this is particularly good news for me- I am evil and I enjoy playing characters I can identify with.

Though I'd still prefer this to be a new character I've never seen- as much as I'd like to see Shinnok.

Villains tend to drive the plot of most stories, so if they are really going to have a different plot than any of the previous games, it's very likely the majority of villain characters will be new rather than returning.

I'm guessing it's a swerve and will be a new "bad guy."

At least I'm hoping so. The new characters so far are pretty rad (ESPECIALLY KOTAL KHAN OMG GET IN ME). I'm also a lore fiend, so new characters and stories within the MK universe get me really hyped.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Ermac isn't a bad guy currently, not til I see proof. He WAS early on in both timelines originally under Shao Kahn's power, but turned good in the future. In the original timeline he was freed by Kenshi's sword releasing him from Shao Kahn's dark magic hold. In this one, Shao Kahn got vaporized by the Elder Gods instantly freeing him. I highly doubt Ermac will be "evil" if anything I see him as being neutral or good in MK X. He has no reason to be evil given his ending.

It's probably Quan-Chi, Shinnok or Reptile. Possibly Mileena.
I can't believe it took four pages for someone to finally say this.

Ermac has been unambiguously good since MKD. In MK9, he was mind controlled, but that doesn't mean evil, especially given that Kahn's dead now and Ermac is free. His own ending in MK9 makes his alignment explicitly clear.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
"i have no flaws, Quan chi has perfected me... It suits my purpose"

"But broth-"

"We share blood! We are not brothers!"

please tell me its gonna be Noob Saibot..