What's new

Boon asked "WHO'S NEXT?" @ GamesCom, he replied, "The next reveal is a "bad guy"

Boon's trolling again. Watch it be one of the enthralled zombie heroes from MK9.

They are bad guys...

...but this does not mean they are bad...guys!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I can't believe it took four pages for someone to finally say this.

Ermac has been unambiguously good since MKD. In MK9, he was mind controlled, but that doesn't mean evil, especially given that Kahn's dead now and Ermac is free. His own ending in MK9 makes his alignment explicitly clear.
Exactly! I know lol Ermac isn't evil in the future in the original timeline, and he can't be in this one since Kahn is dead he has to be free of his power on top of his ending hinting that King Jerrod has power of the other Edenian souls within Ermac. Jerrod is as good as anyone. Exactly, I want to see Raiden interact with Ermac that would be interesting.

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Exactly! I know lol Ermac isn't evil in the future in the original timeline, and he can't be in this one since Kahn is dead he has to be free of his power on top of his ending hinting that King Jerrod has power of the other Edenian souls within Ermac. Jerrod is as good as anyone. Exactly, I want to see Raiden interact with Ermac that would be interesting.
I know that Ermac was considered good in MKD but MKX is going to follow mk9's story not ladder ending, if it's going to follow the ladder ending then no one died :D that's why Ermac is considered evil till now, but you know anything is possible

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
An Ermac reveal would have me pretty excited. The character premise behind him leaves him pretty open to moveset interpretation so I'm pretty eager to see how he'd come across with each style.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Noob and Shang are dead and Rain Ed kinda confirmed he's not going to make it :/ Baraka I really don't want him in this game he's so useless :p
Boon has publicly stated on multiple occasions, regarding MKX and MK9, recently, that no one truly stays dead in MK(which holds true to true previous games in the series, pre-reboot, as well) and that it is all up to wether they want someone to return or not.

That said...

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Boon has publicly stated on multiple occasions, regarding MKX and MK9, recently, that no one truly stays dead in MK(which holds true to true previous games in the series, pre-reboot, as well) and that it is all up to wether they want someone to return or not.

That said...

I just don't feel like Shang Tsung is useful to the story, Shinnok can replace him and Quan Chi story wise he's more powerful ... dead ones who can make a comeback with a very interesting roll for the story are Kitana and Liu Kang. I just have this feeling that they're focusing on the story mode this time more than what fans want :D I hope they get it right cause I can't wait for the story mode :D

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I know that Ermac was considered good in MKD but MKX is going to follow mk9's story not ladder ending, if it's going to follow the ladder ending then no one died :D that's why Ermac is considered evil till now, but you know anything is possible
Well thing is like all MK's we really don't know who's ending is canon or not unless it makes sense with the canon storyline which in Ermac's case would make him good or freed at least from Kahn's control given that Shao Kahn is dead and in his ending when he beats him, he's free. So either way he has to be free and not the same "mind controlled Ermac of Shao Kahn" we saw earlier. Ermac was evil but really not by choice, once he's free from Kahn's control there's no reason for him to remain evil. Especially now that we know Jerrod is the leader of souls within him. Obviously Ermac in his ending didn't kill Kahn, but I think the same effect would go into play once the Elder Gods killed Shao Kahn :)

Should be interesting to see though, I look forward to it if Ermac makes it(hope so)

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I don't care which side Ermac technically aligns to. He isn't a "bad guy" and wouldn't be referred to as such. I don't think it's him.

It could be Quan-Chi, Shang Tsung, Shinnok, Meleena, etc. I don't think they'll give away another new character so soon.