What's new

Boon asked "WHO'S NEXT?" @ GamesCom, he replied, "The next reveal is a "bad guy"

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I just don't feel like Shang Tsung is useful to the story, Shinnok can replace him and Quan Chi story wise he's more powerful ... dead ones who can make a comeback with a very interesting roll for the story are Kitana and Liu Kang. I just have this feeling that they're focusing on the story mode this time more than what fans want :D I hope they get it right cause I can't wait for the story mode :D
Wether or not you think he needs to be in the game from any standpoint doesn't matter.

They can just write characters in for no reason if they want, and come up with something that actually makes sense.

Quan Chi was not supposed to be in MK9, chronologically, even with Raiden going back, but they decided to put him in and give him a role anyway.

I have a feeling they aren't focusing on story mode more than the actual gameplay because we've seen an almost complete overhaul on the game from a gameplay standpoint as well as many explanation videos going in depth on the seemingly complicated and diverse variation system.

Characters being more powerful than others in certain roles is not a reason to leave them out, as there are plenty of characters better than others at specific things in MK.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
To everyone saying "but Ermac is a good guy post MK4."

Yes, he is - - in the original timeline. I think we all underestimate the power and ability to influence souls of Quan Chi. Even Shinnok could intercept Ermac in his (their) chaotic state after Shao Kahn's death. I hope that Ermac's (if he is in) story in MKX sheds some light on his transition from slave to wanderer to wherever that path may lead. If that concept art is the way Ermac will appear in MKX, I feel pretty confident saying that those are the clothes of an evil sorcerer or a neutral wanderer who is somewhat delusional or in despair.

If NRS actually goes off the MK9 ending and the souls of Ermac are now led predominately by King Jerrod, I feel that he would want to look like a leader, if not like royalty, at least more presentable.

Still, not sold on the next reveal being Ermac. He is my favorite character and I'd love to see him, but I have a feeling we will be getting a female, perhaps Mileena or Tanya.

EDIT: I feel like a dummy after reading the post above me. That tweet is so obvious... Maybe TOO obvious. Hmmm.

Last edited:

WannaGetNutsLetsGetNuts

It. Is. Glorious!
I never noticed until recently that Ermac is specifically the Edenian souls that lost their mortal kombat many millennia ago.

So what Ermac pretty much is, is a trophy holding the souls of Edenia's best fighters. A constant reminder and a dark mirror image of what could be in store for Earthrealm if Shao Kahn won Earth's tournament.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I never noticed until recently that Ermac is specifically the Edenian souls that lost their mortal kombat many millennia ago.

So what Ermac pretty much is, is a trophy holding the souls of Edenia's best fighters. A constant reminder and a dark mirror image of what could be in store for Earthrealm if Shao Kahn won Earth's tournament.
Yes, Ermac, quite literally, is a dead realm walking. It's a pretty cool story.

trufenix

bye felicia
Kotal doesn't strike me as a "hey, lets be boys" kinda ruler. We already know he wins and both Ferra/Torr and D'Vorah work for him so either that toothy bitch gets inline or she is doomed.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I just want a brand new character... I honestly give no fucks about returning cast. I wanna see new shit. In the beginning of all this Boon said that this title would introduce more new characters than any other game in the series and so far all we've seen are three new guys. I refuse to count Cassie Cage as new even though Boon probably does, but he's kind of a turd about a lot of stuff so whatever.

That being said if I have to eye roll my way through another returning character trailer, I would really like to see what they did with Quan Chi or Ermac. Quan's always been my favorite character that I could never play because I hate the smell of garbage.

And fucking Shinnok really needs to end up on the roster too. I really need to see this shit rendered in MKX graphics:

• Mimicry: Shinnok has the ability to replicate any character's moves, much like Shang Tsung. (MK4, MKG)
  • Spear: Only in the Gameboy version of MK4. Shinnok shoots a kunai attached to a rope that drags the foe towards him, setting them for a free hit. (MK4)
  • Charge: In the Gameboy version of MK4, Shinnok charges at the opponent with his shoulder. (MK4)
  • Amulet Fireball: During the final battle against the elder Sub-Zero, Shinnok sends a fireball from his amulet. (MKM:SZ)
  • Shield: Another special move used against the elder Sub-Zero. Shinnok uses his amulet to create a protector shield. (MKM:SZ)
  • Summoned Fiend: Using his magical powers, Shinnok summons a large skeletal hand to grab and throw his opponent. (MK:A)
  • Tricky Portal: Shinnok creates a portal behind him, then attacks his opponent's back using his elbow. (MK:A)
  • Judgment Fist: Shinnok summons a violet streaking skeleton fist out of his hands. (MK:A)

Last edited:

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Well I guess everyone knows now who's the "bad guy" is :D I'm glad Goro is in but I wanted Kintaro more tbh :p