What's new

Bloodborne General Discussion.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
An hour in, this game fn slays. Was getting my ass handed to me for the most part, but now finally accustomed to not playing like a defensive pansy with a shield. Had to shed that Souls stank.

Also, gave my dude (Dr. Von Bubon) a monocle for extra swag points. Game feels very much like souls, but with added cautiousness. The combat is quick, but the exploration is slow. Literally scared shiteless to advance a few feet ahead or turn a corner. :eek:

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Are you guys forgetting that Persona 5 is coming out this year for the PS3/PS4??? Please tell me I'm not the only one in this forum that likes the Persona series..
Is that the series where you basically role-play a student dating waifus?

most communities are annoying, but the souls can be downright malicious sometimes. nowhere else have i seen entire forums dedicated to fucking over other players, especially newbies. ive gotten used to it, but coming from more traditional games the act of invading a struggling players game then getting pissed off when they try to heal themselves just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and a bad impression of the community.

of course they arent all like that. last time i got invaded a man wearing a dress dropped 99 humanity then pulled out a giant club and killed my mage...its a mixed bag of nuts.
New players getting fucked over withoyt training wheels is one of the things that make soyls games great. No ttraining wheels, invasions at any point, it's grea

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
New players getting fucked over withoyt training wheels is one of the things that make soyls games great. No ttraining wheels, invasions at any point, it's grea
Well for no life assholes I suppose it is. for everyone else involved it kind of just sucks.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
When you invade a new player in the undead burg there really is no "Git gud" it's "get stomped by players with 100x more experiance" come on we're both fighting game players we know how that dance plays out. Unless the invader fucks up in a tremendous way he's going to win.

I'm unsure as to where I'd draw the line for acceptable/unacceptable invasions

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
this^ in the demons souls era and early dark souls I was super into the hardcore PVP community which was awesome, a lot of respect for the most part. but shortly after dark souls launched online became a complete troll fest. so many players that dedicated their entire playthrough solely to grief other players, which continued through dark souls 2 :/
Dude.... naked with top hats/scraping spear/acid cloud in 4-1 ringing any bells. We did our share brah...

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
An hour in, this game fn slays. Was getting my ass handed to me for the most part, but now finally accustomed to not playing like a defensive pansy with a shield. Had to shed that Souls stank.

Also, gave my dude (Dr. Von Bubon) a monocle for extra swag points. Game feels very much like souls, but with added cautiousness. The combat is quick, but the exploration is slow. Literally scared shiteless to advance a few feet ahead or turn a corner. :eek:
I don't think I will have that problem... I have been a duel kitana user since Demon's Soul's... I have almost never used a shield.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
ill role with shield's unabashed, shield management is an interesting meta in itself and one you cant get in other games. after all the hack n slash games ive played sometimes it just feels so good to block that attack that would be unblockable in any other game

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
I still cant shake the feeling this is just Dark Souls with a Tri Cornered Hat mod. everything ive seen of it just points to that being the case. yeah its faster with dodges and stuff, but the game is still essentially the same. i guess i expected MORE from it.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
When the same is fucking awesome I can't really complain.
i know, but when your a sequel/successor (AND IT IS ONE! dont try to hide it) you expect to see either a reinvention or something that makes it even MORE than what came before it. better graphics (or in this case, more uses of the color black) and slightly speedier combat doesnt justify paying $60 to me, especially since its already been over year into the new generation and we have hardly seen anything that ups the ante. in fact, all we seem to be hearing about is remasters of games that really arent that old or bad looking to begin with. Its almost as bad as the "survival" genre boom in PC.*shivers*

When you invade a new player in the undead burg there really is no "Git gud" it's "get stomped by players with 100x more experiance" come on we're both fighting game players we know how that dance plays out. Unless the invader fucks up in a tremendous way he's going to win.

I'm unsure as to where I'd draw the line for acceptable/unacceptable invasions
It's a rite of passage, the unfriendliness and trolling game enhances and adds to the games personality. You don't sound like a souls player.