What's new

Bloodborne General Discussion.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
What's wrong with the community?
Outside of the PvP focused people and the guys that go deep into the lore it is utter shit. People are super hostile, the playerbase is super casual hence the complaints about day one magic combos in the Dark Souls 2 reddit everyday and there's this crap about being "honorable" in fights. I didn't know you could have less then 5 star rating on 360 until I started playing lol

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive. All the other games suck.
Still a exclusive which ps4 will not get anytime soon.

Don't say the games suck because you do not like it or you suck at them. How can I say Uncharted is a garbage game and franchise when Naughty dog make great quality titles? All I can say is I do not like the game all though the game is great.

My point was that Xbox one is delivering more great games then ps4 this year, so there is no reason for me to buy it now.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Outside of the PvP focused people and the guys that go deep into the lore it is utter shit. People are super hostile, the playerbase is super casual hence the complaints about day one magic combos in the Dark Souls 2 reddit everyday and there's this crap about being "honorable" in fights. I didn't know you could have less then 5 star rating on 360 until I started playing lol
Sounds a lot like a regular forum if you ask me.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Sounds a lot like a regular forum if you ask me.
most communities are annoying, but the souls can be downright malicious sometimes. nowhere else have i seen entire forums dedicated to fucking over other players, especially newbies. ive gotten used to it, but coming from more traditional games the act of invading a struggling players game then getting pissed off when they try to heal themselves just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and a bad impression of the community.

of course they arent all like that. last time i got invaded a man wearing a dress dropped 99 humanity then pulled out a giant club and killed my mage...its a mixed bag of nuts.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
most communities are annoying, but the souls can be downright malicious sometimes. nowhere else have i seen entire forums dedicated to fucking over other players, especially newbies. ive gotten used to it, but coming from more traditional games the act of invading a struggling players game then getting pissed off when they try to heal themselves just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and a bad impression of the community.

of course they arent all like that. last time i got invaded a man wearing a dress dropped 99 humanity then pulled out a giant club and killed my mage...its a mixed bag of nuts.
In reflection making a low-level twink to grief new players isn't really any different to sitting in the corner with Deathstroke and shooting people to death in Injustice.

The developers essentially removed twinking in Dark Souls 2 with the soul memory mechanic then went backwards by making a ring that stopped you gaining souls; hopefully they refine a matchmaking system for Bloodborne that isn't shit for PvP and that also prevents low level griefing

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Still a exclusive which ps4 will not get anytime soon.

Don't say the games suck because you do not like it or you suck at them. How can I say Uncharted is a garbage game and franchise when Naughty dog make great quality titles? All I can say is I do not like the game all though the game is great.

My point was that Xbox one is delivering more great games then ps4 this year, so there is no reason for me to buy it now.
Alright i'll be fair. I've pretty much grown out of all the xbox exclusives. Timed exclusives aren't really exclusives(eventually it'll be multiplatform).... Now SF5, that's a real exclusive title.

Ra Helios

Alright i'll be fair. I've pretty much grown out of all the xbox exclusives. Timed exclusives aren't really exclusives(eventually it'll be multiplatform).... Now SF5, that's a real exclusive title.
Sf5 is not my cup of tea but I know the game will be great.

More so Tekken,mk and soul caliber

To be honest. I believe sf5 will be multiplat but it won't be no time soon. If it doesn't o well.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
this^ in the demons souls era and early dark souls I was super into the hardcore PVP community which was awesome, a lot of respect for the most part. but shortly after dark souls launched online became a complete troll fest. so many players that dedicated their entire playthrough solely to grief other players, which continued through dark souls 2 :/

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I understand that some of you found the Souls system to be trolly, elitist, or scrubby. But honestly I learned how to be honorable in duels and invasions alike by how I was treated by other players that invaded me early on as a baby undead. I now pay it forward to this day because of that even if they're jerks. It's kinda like you got owned son and I was proper, marinate on that. Once you become adept at the game you should never get caught with your pants down while buffing or bowing etc. Usually the people that are really hostile or trying to troll aren't that good, save very good players trying to twink,and can't handle PvP without ganking or ensuring that they lag, or are severely over leveled so they can cheese wins. I can see how that's not appealing to many people. But when you overcome an asshat gank squad or a max level tryhard there are few events in gaming that feel that great IMO. If you're just playing through the world and hate invasions remember all the tools in the game favor you the host by far. If you don't use them that's on you. Oh and you can play it offline :D

If I get Bloodborne my number one hope is that they improve the net code to reduce phantom hitboxes and lag stabs. After that I just want decent balance and a way to better manage SL(or whatever it's gonna be called) MM that's not the last DLC of the game. Next is having more than 2 covenants be relevant, looking at you DSII.

This is the main reason I bought a PS4. I could have just played MK:X on my PC, but at the announcement of bloodborne being a playstation exclusive, I bought the PS4.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I want this game so bad. I probably drop 400 dollars on it once I get a job.

That is the only good game that coming on the ps4. 1886 is a flop. wait for it to drop to $18.86

We going to have

Killer Instinct season 3
Tomb Raider 2
Halo 5
Gears of war remastered collection
Quantum Break (if it comes out this year)
Forza Motosport 6
forza Fast and the furious.
Fable legends
Fable Legends is coming to PC, Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive for Xbox so it will come to PS4 and PC later. The last good Halo was Halo 3. I do wish I could get Forza though.

Also... Uncharted 4.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I'd probably be more excited if MK X wasn't out so soon afterwards as it'll just get left to gather dust. If it gets exceptional reviews I may pick it up, though I'm still bitter about the shocking bait and switch they did with regards to the DS2 graphics on PS3.

I'd probably be more excited if MK X wasn't out so soon afterwards as it'll just get left to gather dust. If it gets exceptional reviews I may pick it up, though I'm still bitter about the shocking bait and switch they did with regards to the DS2 graphics on PS3.
DS2 was actually made by a different team. The main FROM SOFTWARE team is the one that made Bloodborne.

Also, that bait and switch was more for PC. However, the modding community did a good job cleaning that up.

You'll have 3 weeks to play bloodborne before MKX and I can almost guarantee you that the reviews for this game will be outstanding! Miyazaki makes exceptional games. This is gaming at its finest!

Sorry, I'm pretty passionate about the 'Souls' series

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I really wanted to like DS2 but could never move past how disappointed I was with the graphical downgrade. It was just a muddy washed out look compared to the launch videos which showcased amazing lighting effects.

I'll keep an eye out for sure. Once bitten and all that.

Last edited:

Ra Helios

Fable Legends is coming to PC, Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive for Xbox so it will come to PS4 and PC later. The last good Halo was Halo 3. I do wish I could get Forza though.

Also... Uncharted 4.
Uncharted 4 comes out Next year

You do know that Microsoft own Pc with there operating system. Without the operating system it will not run games on their. You can't use Linux because it wasn't made for that operating system. Microsoft owns both. So its still Microsoft.

I know Tomb Raider is Time. I also Believe Street fighter is time as well but I don't think Xbox one will get it no time soon. But a exclusive is still is a exclusive does not matter if is time or not.

E

Eldriken

You do know that Microsoft own Pc with there operating system. Without the operating system it will not run games on their. You can't use Linux because it wasn't made for that operating system. Microsoft owns both. So its still Microsoft.

I know Tomb Raider is Time. I also Believe Street fighter is time as well but I don't think Xbox one will get it no time soon. But a exclusive is still is a exclusive does not matter if is time or not.
Erm, unless things have changed, you can run Windows products on a Linux-based PC. It has an emulator for that.

But seriously, cut this Microsoft fanboy shit out, dude. You're not retarded, so stop acting like it. -.-

I forgot Uncharted comes out next year :(

Yeah, I know that Microsoft made windows and Xbox but that's kinda irrelevant. There are many Xbox exclusives that don't come to PC, so I don't really see your point here.

Anywho, my comment wasn't meant to be derogatory or anything, just a little banter! :)

Ra Helios

Erm, unless things have changed, you can run Windows products on a Linux-based PC. It has an emulator for that.

But seriously, cut this Microsoft fanboy shit out, dude. You're not retarded, so stop acting like it. -.-

Far from a fan boy. I didn't came here for debating. I replied to Rickyraws. Then people Just quoted my comments. Facts are factss. Microsoft is delivering more exclusive with their conosle this year then Sony and making quality Games.

Wait a sec. There is no way You can run a only microsoft product that specifically was made for Windows. If that was the case people will be buying Mac computers for Gaming which they don't. they buy Pc.

E

Eldriken

Far from a fan boy. I didn't came here for debating. I replied to Rickyraws. Then people Just quoted my comments. Facts are factss. Microsoft is delivering more exclusive with their conosle this year then Sony and making quality Games.

Wait a sec. There is no way You can run a only microsoft product that specifically was made for Windows. If that was the case people will be buying Mac computers for Gaming which they don't. they buy Pc.
Yes, you can. How do you think people play SNES, PS2, Wii and other games ON A PC? It's called an emulator. It emulates the system so the product can be ran on another system. Go look it up.

As far as Macs go, who the hell cares about Macs? I don't know if anyone has bothered wasting their time even attempting to make an emulator for it to run Windows programs.

But yes, Xbox is doing better as far as exclusives being released this year, but that doesn't automatically make it the superior system.

Ra Helios

I forgot Uncharted comes out next year :(

Yeah, I know that Microsoft made windows and Xbox but that's kinda irrelevant. There are many Xbox exclusives that don't come to PC, so I don't really see your point here.

Anywho, my comment wasn't meant to be derogatory or anything, just a little banter! :)
My point is Microsoft is delivering more exclusive this year on Xbox one. While ps4 exclusive might dominate next year with street fighter 5, Uncharted 4 and others.