What's new

Bloodborne General Discussion.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Went ahead and caved after watching some people blunder through it on twitch. Downloading it now for PS4 and I'm off work today.

I usually run Dex builds so we'll see what kinda stats they have in Bloodborne.

I could agree with that. However, it seems like they've gone out of their way to elaborate and demonstrate footsies in the combat casts. Spacing seems extremely important in this game bro. Hell, Takeda seems like his character is based on the entire concept. And let's not forget that MK has a lot more opportunities to break than Injustice because the breaker mechanics are different, that's gonna make the pace and spacing be very different from Injustice.
The only person who has any idea how to play footsies is 16 bit, and I didn't see a smidgeon of footsies or a non air to air anti-air in their test matches. Just because they minorly discuss footsies doesn't mean the game will reward it or patient play. My inside sources and what I know about nrs tells me otherwise.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
That main menu music is pretty based. I won't be playing until tomorrow so can someone tell me if the netcode is still ass this time around?

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Here is the million dolla question
Do i get it or not?
never played any of the soul games before.
The RPG elements don't scare me.
am little worry that I won't enjoy the difficulty
I gave up on god of war 3 because it requires be to mash my trigger like a fucking retard(am talking about the puzzles)

Rajhkeem Beck

Mr. Still Getting it Together
Here is the million dolla question
Do i get it or not?
never played any of the soul games before.
The RPG elements don't scare me.
am little worry that I won't enjoy the difficulty
I gave up on god of war 3 because it requires be to mash my trigger like a fucking retard(am talking about the puzzles)
Best way to find out is to rent it for a day from a local red box or gamefly. Try it out, learn the fundamentals, and see how you fare through the first few levels. Get a feel for the game yourself and think to yourself is this is the type of game u can sink your time into. If you don't think so it'll be better to return it or buy it later at a reduced price than to buy something u don't like for $60 bucks.

TKB

Noob
I decided to take the plunge into the world of bloodborne tonight. I've watched a friend play all of the previous Souls games but never tried them myself. Good lord what a challenge.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Game has a nice learning curve but damn is it rewarding to slay.I've been juggling this and Bordelamds all day and just beat the Cleric beast after many failed attempts. Loving the challenge so far.

Being as this is a popular game I can see many used copies being at Gamestop the next week from casuals who just give up and don't put the time into the game.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Guys......this game supports remote play....I shouldn't have 24/7 access to this game

Btw's what starting weapon y'all picked? Went cane\whip for maximum Fashion Souls

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
I've gone all the way to the asshole with mini gun and I've yet to find anymore weapons or armor besides the kirkhammer and the DLC top hat stuff. every single enemy I fight drops the same consumables, even the giant fuckers who one shot me.

I'm enjoying the mechanics greatly but as a customizable RPG so far I'm pretty dissapointed

I've gone all the way to the asshole with mini gun and I've yet to find anymore weapons or armor besides the kirkhammer and the DLC top hat stuff. every single enemy I fight drops the same consumables, even the giant fuckers who one shot me.

I'm enjoying the mechanics greatly but as a customizable RPG so far I'm pretty dissapointed
They've changed quite a lot from what I've been watching in the goodies part.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
It's kind of pissing me off I'm barely being rewarded for any challenge I beat and most hack n slashes have more weapons than this RPG by now. i can't even check out the item descriptions to peice together the story because I never get any new items.

If this keeps up much longer I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it. all the risk and non of the reward is a shitty system

Last edited:
Went ahead and caved after watching some people blunder through it on twitch. Downloading it now for PS4 and I'm off work today.

I usually run Dex builds so we'll see what kinda stats they have in Bloodborne.
Dex is pretty much 'skill' in bloodborne. There are only 6 stats this time around

There aren't as many weapons in this game. There aren't as many chests to discover either. However, I've read that the chests all contain dope loot.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I'm pretty sure I broke this game day 1 :( as I always do for RPGs....

I found a RETARDED weapon, a grind spot that gives me 30k souls, 6 blood vials, 2-4 twin blood whatevers for upping weapons, and lightning paper eeeevvvverrry.... 35 seconds lmfao

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I overpowered this boss with pure skill and determination. Clearly.
lol

I was seeing a lot of this yestreday and this game looks like ass cheeks... its all about side dash then slash and mash on these really stupid enemies.....

100% not getting this..

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Bought a PS4 just for this game (in addition to MKX...although Bloodborne was the game that made me ultimately choose the PS4). Going to pick it up Thursday....Can't wait!

Trying to avoid spoilers but so far from what I gather, it's exactly like the Dark Souls games but with a gothic setting where blunderbuss' exists and it's faster paced and actually HARDER than Dark Souls 2.

HYPE!!!