What's new

Behind the Scenes Reveals Demon Shinnok (?) and Release Dates for TV Spot and Launch Trailer

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What the fuck?

Baraka has two costumes and is confirmed to be in at least three different story fights(one against Cassie's crew as teased in the story trailer, one against Kang and Lao as seen in the Shaolin trailer, one one against D'Vorah as seen in this trailer).

Baraka jobs so hard he fights like 5 people and has multiple detailed models and still isn't playable.

He's jobbing to the character select now.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
What the fuck?

Baraka has two costumes and is confirmed to be in at least three different story fights(one against Cassie's crew as teased in the story trailer, one against Kang and Lao as seen in the Shaolin trailer, one one against D'Vorah as seen in this trailer).

Baraka jobs so hard he fights like 5 people and has multiple detailed models and still isn't playable.

Couldn't resist the QTE events with his sweet blades dude. Also, apparently Baraka can never die.

Mulder

King of Heroes
What the fuck?

Baraka's def playable if he has multiple costumes.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I can't stand System of a Down, but they could do much worse.

And I still don't think Baraka is playable. I think NRS is purposely putting him in so many trailers/teasers to gauge interest in him as DLC. All my favorites are in, so I'm all for everyone getting their characters added to the roster at some point (as long as they're not from the piece of shit 3D games).

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Couldn't resist the QTE events with his sweet blades dude. Also, apparently Baraka can never die.
That's the perk of being a major jobber, writers love consistent punching bags.

Baraka is a perfect punching bag because while he loses a lot he is actually really intelligent and a good fucking fighter canonically, so he isn't actually an easy fight despite his track record.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I can't stand System of a Down, but they could do much worse.

And I still don't think Baraka is playable. I think NRS is purposely putting him in so many trailers/teasers to gauge interest in him as DLC. All my favorites are in, so I'm all for everyone getting their characters added to the roster at some point (as long as they're not from the piece of shit 3D games).
How about yes from those piece of shit 3D games.

Let NRS turn shit into gold, that way we no longer have shit, and have an abundance of gold.

win-win.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Not true, the story spans opver 25 years and these people live a long time! I'm sure they have different clothes to wear...
Yeah but that's real life logic.

This is a video game.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but that's not really something people do with NPCs in a story and game presented like this.

They could have easily just had his MK9 costume ported over like they've shown to have done before, and then have one new look, but two new looks is weird.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Baraka will be playable...mark my words. I think there must be a couple characters the leaker didn't know about. The unlockable character for beating story mode wouldn't have been revealed so unceremoniously.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah, the Liu Kang trailer pretty much confirmed we have at least one character that no one knew about.

I'm not saying it's Baraka because that would be a weird choice, but I am saying that if they missed one character, who's to say they didn't miss more.

Probably just wishful thinking though.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
For all you Baraka lovers.

Baraka alt costume? mhh playable after all?
It looks like the same costume to me.

Edit: Saw the better screenshot, definitely Baraka. He even has the arm blades. My hopes are rising again...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Umm, without the "Goro Lives" scene, how do we know Goro is still alive? I need consistency!
He didn't die in the comics, he just lost a few parts.

I don't think it's hard to believe someone magic'd or science'd them back on for him.

I mean hell, Baraka recovered from having Kung Lao cut his ass in half down the middle, and with nothing but big ass staples.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah but that's real life logic.

This is a video game.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but that's not really something people do with NPCs in a story and game presented like this.
I completely 100%, disagree. It's the small details that matter A LOT. When applying factors in story telling, especially a video game where visuals are pretty important, things such as changing details in clothing is very important. If somebody is wearing a jumper and they wear it for 25 years, you will expect it to be well used and have visual indications of being well used - especially for somebody who fights a lot. It's these details that help keep the fantasy going, so you can differentiate that you are infact at a different point of time from another.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I can believe a guy that's probably been around for thousands of years can wear the same set of clothing for 25.

That said, you have a point.

I kind of really hope that if he isn't playable he just pops out of fucking nowhere every time like "NO ONE EXPECTS BARAKA!" and somehow manages to not die despite fighting just about everyone.

I want Baraka to be a fight in every hero's chapter.

I want him to be the "Oh, you again" guy.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I must know who this "demon" is and if he's playable. If it is in fact a playable variation of Shinnok, then ohhhhh mannnn.

Whoever he is, it looks as if he's standing over the dead or unconscious body of Raiden. Hmmmmm...

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I can believe a guy that's probably been around for thousands of years can wear the same set of clothing for 25.

That said, you have a point.

I kind of really hope that if he isn't playable he just pops out of fucking nowhere every time like "NO ONE EXPECTS BARAKA!" and somehow manages to not die despite fighting just about everyone.

I want Baraka to be a fight in every hero's chapter.

I want him to be the "Oh, you again" guy.
I never said he CAN'T wear them (why would he anyway?) I just said that there would at least be a visual element. I don't think there's any reason whatsoever to believe that somebody would wear the same costume for 25 years, it's just a plain dumb idea to me, from the creators :p

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The simplest thing would be Baraka originally playable and Shinnok being unlockable. Think casual fan unlocking boss character.

I'm very skeptical of "OMG I didn't know Noob/Smoke was in the game" after completing the story type of logic.