What's new

Been waiting to make this thread....Injustice 2 should be a tag only fighter

Should there be tag in Injustice 2?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Rip Tag

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters
Also, another issue I had with MK9's tag mode was that there was no reward for tagging. As in, you didn't recover health if you tagged your character out (but in one of the mk9 challenge towers, they actually did this). I would like to see recoverable health to some extent (if not I'm fine with it)

Tim Static

Adminerator
"why force someone to play tag if he can choose between single and tag ?"

I think its a good reason ? Why only tag if we can have both ?
Probably the same reason you wouldn't play other tag fighters. They're tag fighters lol :p

the tag would be IGAU2, the single would something else.

The Mighty Yoch

Shocking Your System
I don't like the idea of it. I occasionally play MvC3 or Origins and they are fun. I enjoy them for what they are but I don't like that in order for me to get anywhere I have to master 2-3 characters and find 2-3 that have perfect synergy when as a newer player to fighting games I have a hard time picking the one character I want to train hard at learning to get to where I'm any good. I wouldn't mind a tag option but I would probably hate if it was tag only as I really like Injustice and want to see and play any more installments of it but for me personally the tag only games aren't as fun as how this game is right now.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I see where you're going -- but I feel like it would be too obvious of a lift and put Injustice under the guise of "trying to be Marvel/Capcom".
Fair enough, but remember, all fighting games have been following the trail started by SF2, and LBSH, MK9 is more like SF4 than any other MK. Besides, what MvC2 did was amazing. No reason to ignore that when it could be done in a different light. Capcom wasn't the first to do teams, and they shouldn't be the last either :coffee:

The Mighty Yoch

Shocking Your System
No not Marvel so much, but Capcom, back when they were making the best fighting games on the Planet.
I think that your view of they should be chasing the way Capcom used to be whe n they were amazing is flawed. If they try to do that they will only ever be as good as what they are chasing. NRS has to do their thing and make it better and more innovative then Capcom could have ever done in the past. They will then push each other to do better and we will all get the benefits of better fighting games.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I think that your view of they should be chasing the way Capcom used to be whe n they were amazing is flawed. If they try to do that they will only ever be as good as what they are chasing. NRS has to do their thing and make it better and more innovative then Capcom could have ever done in the past. They will then push each other to do better and we will all get the benefits of better fighting games.
Yes I realize that, but just like in trying to recreate the magic of the old MK in MK9, don't ignore the past in what other games have done either. NRS always pushes the envelope with their games. It would be its own game, with its own identity and its own flavor, but using a great reference as an idea to run with is a good thing for everyone.

Also, why is everyone talking like SFxT is a great tag game?
Because it is. It's a niche game like CvS2, not for everyone because it's highly focused around footsies and sick reads and there's no serious comeback mechanic. So matches can end really fast or take forever.

lbsh Most players who hate the game are really shitty players with no patience and no fundamentals whatsoever. They can't handle having to work hard for comebacks and having to deal with neutral/mid-range. They just want guaranteed 50/50s all day on every knockdown and they want an easy x-factor button when they're trailing from behind.

Injustice is similar to SFxT in that you have to work very hard for your comebacks and the player with the best footsies, patience, ressource management and knowledge usually wins. Unless of course it's a really bad matchup like 3-7 which there aren't a lot of to begin with.

The main difference between the 2 games (aside from the tag elements) is that Injustice is extremely fast paced. In 1000 games I literally only had like 1-2 time outs at most. And most of my matches end in 1 minute and a half. So that's cool because you can play more games in less time.

The Mighty Yoch

Shocking Your System
Also, and I may be the only person in the world and may put myself on a few more hit lists then I'm on already for my worldly views, but I didn't like MvC2. I don't enjoy playing it and I find it boring to watch. I think if looking at older Capcom fighters then their best was SF3 3rd Strike. Just my oppinion. I know a lot of people really love that game and I can't deny it was successful. I just think that for me personally that if Injustice 2 was anything like it or MvC3 I wouldn't find myself wanting it like I did this one.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Also, and I may be the only person in the world and may put myself on a few more hit lists then I'm on already for my worldly views, but I didn't like MvC2. I don't enjoy playing it and I find it boring to watch. I think if looking at older Capcom fighters then their best was SF3 3rd Strike. Just my oppinion. I know a lot of people really love that game and I can't deny it was successful. I just think that for me personally that if Injustice 2 was anything like it or MvC3 I wouldn't find myself wanting it like I did this one.
I don't like any of the MvC games so you're not alone.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Like I said early, I think MK would be more suited as a tag game.

Injustices pace and mechanics don't really suit that style of gameplay IMO.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
No because NRS suck at making those kind of games lol.

They just don't have enough experience and it would be a broken game with infinites for sure. Leave the tag games to Capcom and Namco. NRS should focus on 1 vs 1. And if they try to design a tag mode it should be optional not forced.
You do know that infinites are still in UMVC3, right?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Infinite isn't a dirty word so don't treat it as such.
....Are you sure? Maybe if they have really high execution requirements I could see it as being ok....

But if they're like green lantern's child-friendly combo's on repeat forever until you lose...

Either way, when you have tag, you have infinites, and IMO the entire game becomes a joke because why would you not use the infinite team in a tournament?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Because it is. It's a niche game like CvS2, not for everyone because it's highly focused around footsies and sick reads and there's no serious comeback mechanic. So matches can end really fast or take forever.

lbsh Most players who hate the game are really shitty players with no patience and no fundamentals whatsoever. They can't handle having to work hard for comebacks and having to deal with neutral/mid-range. They just want guaranteed 50/50s all day on every knockdown and they want an easy x-factor button when they're trailing from behind.

Injustice is similar to SFxT in that you have to work very hard for your comebacks and the player with the best footsies, patience, ressource management and knowledge usually wins. Unless of course it's a really bad matchup like 3-7 which there aren't a lot of to begin with.

The main difference between the 2 games (aside from the tag elements) is that Injustice is extremely fast paced. In 1000 games I literally only had like 1-2 time outs at most. And most of my matches end in 1 minute and a half. So that's cool because you can play more games in less time.
That sounds great to me! But when I played there was infinites, glitches, etc. etc. Did they patch it?