Should there be tag in Injustice 2?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Rip Tag

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I agree with the Skullgirls way of doing it unless they come up with something new that hasn't been done in a "tag" style game. The Skullgirls method would give players the option without forcing the tag format on them.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Infinite isn't a dirty word so don't treat it as such.

If the infinite is the result of a glitch, then yes, thats fucked up. If the infinite is completely avoidable, don't complain you got caught. :coffee:
Yeah, I treated it like a dirty word when someone else brought it up in an obviously negative connotation. Cool.:16Bit

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yeah, I treated it like a dirty word when someone else brought it up in an obviously negative connotation. Cool.:16Bit
Yea i meant to reply to their comment with your answer, not just your answer. I apologize, I'm doing like 5 things at once atm lol

Reactions: RYX
Nah play IGAU1 or MK10 for anything but 2v2/3v3. It needs its own identity.
Tim... picking 1 character in Skullgirls is barely viable. You will never see anyone win, and very unlikely even make a top 8 at a non-fraud major with a solo character. You pretty much HAVE to use either 2 or 3 characters in that game to be competitive. It'd be pretty much the same in a 1/2/3 Injustice 2 should it be made, I'd imagine.

I like the idea of KoF style though, too. Instead of it being tag, a team of 3 that you run through would be pretty baller.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Oh. I'm sorry Tim, I still love you. <3

:coffee:
hakuma matata. I also had a point to make to the other person too. lol
Tim... picking 1 character in Skullgirls is barely viable. You will never see anyone win, and very unlikely even make a top 8 at a non-fraud major with a solo character. You pretty much HAVE to use either 2 or 3 characters in that game to be competitive. It'd be pretty much the same in a 1/2/3 Injustice 2 should it be made, I'd imagine.

I like the idea of KoF style though, too. Instead of it being tag, a team of 3 that you run through would be pretty baller.
Ok, but still, your missing the point. the game should be based on the tags & assists, nothing else. Teams, teams, teams.

And btw, to others.....i still sense so many people want Mortal Kombat in every game they play. I don't get this at all. Let Injustice be its own game, and stop expecting it to be MK when its not.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I never understood why MK9's tag mode wasn't taken more seriously. It was fun and had hype combos. Also, why is everyone talking like SFxT is a great tag game? Last I played it was a broken piece of shit. Was it patched finally?

I actually wanted to make a thread like this, but I felt I would get blown up, and it would get dismissed lol. However, NRS making a tag game would be hella interesting. I honestly felt tag in MK could been balanced if they could have adjusted charged moves and noobs reset. A 3v3 style like KOF, or a 3v3 like MvC...either way it would be sick.

Ok, but still, your missing the point. the game should be based on the tags & assists, nothing else. Teams, teams, teams.

And btw, to others.....i still sense so many people want Mortal Kombat in every game they play. I don't get this at all. Let Injustice be its own game, and stop expecting it to be MK when its not.
I disagree, I think you're the one that's missing the point. Skullgirls is 100% based upon the f'd up assists and teams possible in that game. It's really just not viable to run a solo character at the highest possible level, unless both players decide to go solo.

Just because the option for a player to pick a single fighter is available does not mean you're ever going to see that in high-level play... You're going to see either 2v2, 2v3, or 3v3 every game man. But there's no point in saying "you are not allowed to do 1v1s because that would destroy the game's identity". That's crazy talk.

I never understood why MK9's tag mode wasn't taken more seriously. It was fun and had hype combos. Also, why is everyone talking like SFxT is a great tag game? Last I played it was a broken piece of shit. Was it patched finally?
Yes, called SFxT 2013. And now the game is balanced. When was your last time? One Year ago?

Infinite that were repetitive and required no meter. Ex: Johnny cage/Kabal team and Noob/Kabal. I thought high damage combos in tag were pretty hype though for tag (the ones that required meter).

Kinda weird though, they initially patched a tag infinite with smoke and another character...but they stopped after that. I really wished tag in mk9 was viable.

I think tag is a great idea. It will help take care of those complaining about getting zoned or rushed down because it gives you a second player that can help counter some of those problems.

However, what I think will be scary is the even longer super animations and end of battle poses. :mad:

Tim Static

Adminerator
Exactly. Let Injustice be its own game, stop expecting it to be a tag game. :)
I disagree, I think you're the one that's missing the point. Skullgirls is 100% based upon the f'd up assists and teams possible in that game. It's really just not viable to run a solo character at the highest possible level, unless both players decide to go solo.

Just because the option for a player to pick a single fighter is available does not mean you're ever going to see that in high-level play... You're going to see either 2v2, 2v3, or 3v3 every game man. But there's no point in saying "you are not allowed to do 1v1s because that would destroy the game's identity". That's crazy talk.
I know how Skullgirls is played, but you said make it like SG's 1/2/3 system. I get what you mean, but thats not the idea I'm trying to push. Either make it 2v2 or 3v3 and thats it. Figure out the team that works best, has the best assists, etc and let the game evolve. And its not "your not allowed to do 1v1" its more that its a 2v2/3v3 game so that option isn't even an option :p

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I'd just be happy if they finally made a game where you could team up with online friends as your tag partners beating up people together would be so fun. If you lose you can blame the other guy.

I honestly would hate a strictly tag game. I really like to focus all of my time into one character. A tag feature with better mechanics would definetly be nice though. I prefer to play 2v2 where its 2 people per team each controlling 1 character like they do in SFxT. Those matches are so hype.