What's new

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice - Discussion Thread

The Dark Knight Returns version of World's Finest is about the rage and bitterness Batman has toward Superman while Superman thinks his old friend has lost his mind.

How does that kind of dynamic make any sense as a first time team up movie? Maybe an intense rivalry and deep mistrust but full on hatred and disgust?

Snyder is gonna fuck this up if he seriously translates that into a movie.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
By the by, Mirror master. Opinion?
Rather, who is your favorite rogue?
I love Mirror Master's powers, but he never grabbed me as a villain who held any weight behind him. I didn't think he had an interesting past or a true drive/goal to achieve. Also I've hated every costume he's every had EXCEPT the one in JL: Doom.

I like Captain Cold. If only for his awesome side story in the World of Flashpoint comics. Never found the rogues interesting, always thought Zoom and Grodd were the much more interesting Flash villains.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I love Mirror Master's powers, but he never grabbed me as a villain who held any weight behind him. I didn't think he had an interesting past or a true drive/goal to achieve. Also I've hated every costume he's every had EXCEPT the one in JL: Doom.

I like Captain Cold. If only for his awesome side story in the World of Flashpoint comics. Never found the rogues interesting, always thought Zoom and Grodd were the much more interesting Flash villains.
Weird, I never liked Grodd. Like at first yeah, but imo he loses his plot a bit later on. How many times does the guy have to take over gorilla city before they learn to deal with it? I loved how the rebooted him in new 52, but even then...

I liked mirror master's powers the most, and imo he was a bit too sy-fy in Doom. I personally liked how they did his adaptation in the Flash Appreciation JLU, quip and everything. Weather Wizard is another favorite, though I can agree Commander Cold is solid. The only thing is he is the only rogue that gets any attention, which is sad because quite a few of them have some good stuff about them.

My favorite of all time? Probably New 52 Cold, Mirror Master (Silver Age and Blackest Night), Zoom is a definite in... Modern Boomerang is another good one. You think they'll have Zoom as the main villain?

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Weird, I never liked Grodd. Like at first yeah, but imo he loses his plot a bit later on. How many times does the guy have to take over gorilla city before they learn to deal with it? I loved how the rebooted him in new 52, but even then...

I liked mirror master's powers the most, and imo he was a bit too sy-fy in Doom. I personally liked how they did his adaptation in the Flash Appreciation JLU, quip and everything. Weather Wizard is another favorite, though I can agree Commander Cold is solid. The only thing is he is the only rogue that gets any attention, which is sad because quite a few of them have some good stuff about them.

My favorite of all time? Probably New 52 Cold, Mirror Master (Silver Age and Blackest Night), Zoom is a definite in... Modern Boomerang is another good one. You think they'll have Zoom as the main villain?
For the Flash live action movie, my bet is on a few of the Rogues (Cold, Mirror, Heatwave) being penciled as a group of mercenaries or something similar, with Zoom as a tease at the end for the person behind the curtain. Flash definitely has the wackier villains, so it might be tricky to make them not look like cartoon characters on screen.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
For the Flash live action movie, my bet is on a few of the Rogues (Cold, Mirror, Heatwave) being penciled as a group of mercenaries or something similar, with Zoom as a tease at the end for the person behind the curtain. Flash definitely has the wackier villains, so it might be tricky to make them not look like cartoon characters on screen.
I dunno, I can't see them bringing in heatwave and mirror as mercenaries. My guess? Starts with one, goes into a lot. Flash realizes the whole "can't be in three places at once" deal and does the time treadmill superman II style. Cold would make sense because he has a reasonable backstory, but outside of that Heatwave is an arsonist and Mirror doesn't have much. They would also need to make it not as "Fantastic four" as it might end up being.

Or maybe its one of those "Lesser pieces, greater whole" that explains the formation of the Rogues Gallery.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I dunno, I can't see them bringing in heatwave and mirror as mercenaries. My guess? Starts with one, goes into a lot. Flash realizes the whole "can't be in three places at once" deal and does the time treadmill superman II style. Cold would make sense because he has a reasonable backstory, but outside of that Heatwave is an arsonist and Mirror doesn't have much. They would also need to make it not as "Fantastic four" as it might end up being.

Or maybe its one of those "Lesser pieces, greater whole" that explains the formation of the Rogues Gallery.
Flash is rumoured for 2016 with the JL movie for 2017, so the villain may be a general DC villain to try and tie everything together.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Who really is there though? Unless they straight up Flashpoint it, or Infinite Crisis.
I'd love for Flashpoint, but doubt it. Infinite Crisis lead up seems more likely. I just can't see many Flash villains holding the audiences' eye as much as Bane/Joker/Zod had the ability to. Except maybe Zoom or Grodd. Zoom because he's a malicious bastard, Grodd because he's a fucking gorilla.

187x

Noob
What ever happen to the justice league movie? Fuck this mos batman supes shit

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Yeah the flash sequel won't have Capn Cold. If NRS didn't want to adapt him cause he looked stupid in the comics, i doubt hollywood will.

But i could imagine them replacing the dumb parka with a guy with a hoodie or something like that. Then again as soon as people who don't know anything about DC see he has an ice gun, they'll say he's a cheap knock off of Mr. Freeze.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Love the idea, but The Dark Knight returns is about an older batman. Plus Superman hasn't really gotten the government to completely trust him yet. He doesn't trust them yet either so I don't see that comic book story arc working... I loved the MOS movie though. I feel like this Batman/Superman movie makes more sense then completely jumping into a JL movie.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
The ironic part is that Henry Cavill was one of the finalists up for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman Begins but lost out to Bale. Now Bale is out and Cavill is in obviously as Superman. :D

Tim Static

Adminerator
I still don't like this idea one bit.

We need a MoS with Superman vs Lex Luthor, Brainiac or Bizarro etc, first. Even Doomsday. A fucking trilogy!! ugh.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
* Zack Snyder directing
* Chris Nolan executive producing again
* David S. Goyer writing screenplay

Officially unhype for this.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Great news, hope it breaks avengers..

As for animated movies, dc owns all in that department as far as im concerned.

Dd movie could have been better but wasnt horrible. Public enemies was good, i have no issues with it. Red.hoo rocked, so did crisis.on two earths, so did elite and unbound. All star, i really have little to no complaints with dcs animated track record...

tazzmission

Banned
rumor mill is kicking for batman

if josh brolin becomes batman id be happy with that

Rumor has it that the next big screen Batman won't be a twenty or thirty-something just starting out in his superhero career, but rather "a grizzled veteran who has been on the job, if you will, for several years."

Batman-on-Film claims that multiple sources have told them Warner Bros. is looking at actors in their 40s to play the Dark Knight Detective in Batman vs. Superman/Man of Steel 2 or whatever the team-up film ends up being titled.

BoF says "fans should start thinking about dudes who are a very good actors and are in their 40s, like… Josh Duhamel, Jude Law, Gerard Butler, Josh Brolin, Jon Hamm, Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck, Jim Caviezel, etc."

Affleck is Warner Bros.' golden boy, but is pretty committed to directing now and has already reportedly passed on directing the studio's JLA movie. Also, he's said more than once how burned he felt by his involvement with Daredevil.

Caviezel currently stars on Person of Interest, which just so happens to be produced by Christopher Nolan's brother Jonathan.

Brolin has also made a few films for Warners, including this year's Gangster Squad.

Gerard Butler starred in 300 for Warners and has been on a comeback thanks to this year's sleeper hit Olympus Has Fallen.

Jon Hamm starred in The Town for Affleck and Warners, and the Mad Men star has often been named a fan favorite for different superhero roles.

Duhamel starred in the first three Transformers films, while Brad Pitt is, well, Brad Pitt. 'Nuff said.

Jude Law is an interesting prospect because he already co-starred in Warners' Sherlock Holmes franchise, and he was a frontrunner to play Superman in the Batman vs. Superman film that Wolfgang Petersen almost directed a decade ago. Colin Farrell was the top choice to play Batman then. Law is also a big comic book fan who reportedly sports a tattoo of Rorschach from Watchmen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...eran-superhero

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Meh... they should just start pumping steroids into Joseph Gorden-Levitt so this ties into the Dark Knight trilogy.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
rumor mill is kicking for batman

if josh brolin becomes batman id be happy with that

Rumor has it that the next big screen Batman won't be a twenty or thirty-something just starting out in his superhero career, but rather "a grizzled veteran who has been on the job, if you will, for several years."

Batman-on-Film claims that multiple sources have told them Warner Bros. is looking at actors in their 40s to play the Dark Knight Detective in Batman vs. Superman/Man of Steel 2 or whatever the team-up film ends up being titled.

BoF says "fans should start thinking about dudes who are a very good actors and are in their 40s, like… Josh Duhamel, Jude Law, Gerard Butler, Josh Brolin, Jon Hamm, Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck, Jim Caviezel, etc."

Affleck is Warner Bros.' golden boy, but is pretty committed to directing now and has already reportedly passed on directing the studio's JLA movie. Also, he's said more than once how burned he felt by his involvement with Daredevil.

Caviezel currently stars on Person of Interest, which just so happens to be produced by Christopher Nolan's brother Jonathan.

Brolin has also made a few films for Warners, including this year's Gangster Squad.

Gerard Butler starred in 300 for Warners and has been on a comeback thanks to this year's sleeper hit Olympus Has Fallen.

Jon Hamm starred in The Town for Affleck and Warners, and the Mad Men star has often been named a fan favorite for different superhero roles.

Duhamel starred in the first three Transformers films, while Brad Pitt is, well, Brad Pitt. 'Nuff said.

Jude Law is an interesting prospect because he already co-starred in Warners' Sherlock Holmes franchise, and he was a frontrunner to play Superman in the Batman vs. Superman film that Wolfgang Petersen almost directed a decade ago. Colin Farrell was the top choice to play Batman then. Law is also a big comic book fan who reportedly sports a tattoo of Rorschach from Watchmen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...eran-superhero
I'm all for Josh Duhamel and Gerald Butler or perhaps Josh Brolin. I like Josh D or Butler especially I think would be PERFECT honestly.....On a sidenote, I prefer an American actor to play an American icon, I know some don't care as we've seen Bale and Caville play Bats and Supes well but still, I think someone like Duhamel is as good an actor as any of these other guys.