What's new

Match-up Discussion Baraka Match Up Discussion

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
i linked alot of you baraka mains to this post so you guys know why your thread may have been removed or moved..

@Bravo Moe @galindo @Kidigital @AcidHand2011 @SomeCubanGuy @LOCO @1man3letters @Zoidberg747

fyi i moved the main topics videos to the community guide thread.. a new thread doesnt need to be made with baraka info when you guys already have a main guide thread.. hope no one gets mad.. and trust me posting in a already made thread, your post will get read..

you guys are the leader of the baraka kummunity lets keep it so people like myself can come in teh forum and make it easy for me to learn how to use him. you guys are awesome again your post will be read by all baraka fans. if you feel you have posted something that is new and ground breaking that needs to be front page news all you need to do is post in this thread and leave a link to storms with the @ symbol..

if theres anything you guys think i should remove close or merge let me know.. i closed @bravos moe 's corner dev corner combo thread http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?12429-Official-Baraka-Corner-Game-Thread .. lets just post all corner combos info in @Zoidberg747 official corner combo thread. hopefully zoid will continue to update the OP with new info and combos..

you guys need like one main combo thread.. with a nice full list of his combos ill let you guys decide who your combo leader is and if hes will to make a main thread.. maybe we turn @Zoidberg747 corner combo thread into the main baraka combo thread.. ill actually go and do that now. hopefully hes the best choice for updating the OP with updated combos...
Alright, Ill throw together mine and then will update with any others come up with.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
id love to have a bunch of sindel vs baraka matches vs you baraka players. id love to how you guys think this match up is in his favor.. imo its even. add SINH3LL on psn if you want some baraka vs sindel battles..

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i linked alot of you baraka mains to this post so you guys know why your thread may have been removed or moved..

@Bravo Moe @galindo @Kidigital @AcidHand2011 @SomeCubanGuy @LOCO @1man3letters @Zoidberg747

fyi i moved the main topics videos to the community guide thread.. a new thread doesnt need to be made with baraka info when you guys already have a main guide thread.. hope no one gets mad.. and trust me posting in a already made thread, your post will get read..

you guys are the leader of the baraka kummunity lets keep it so people like myself can come in teh forum and make it easy for me to learn how to use him. you guys are awesome again your post will be read by all baraka fans. if you feel you have posted something that is new and ground breaking that needs to be front page news all you need to do is post in this thread and leave a link to storms with the @ symbol..

if theres anything you guys think i should remove close or merge let me know.. i closed @bravos moe 's corner dev corner combo thread http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?12429-Official-Baraka-Corner-Game-Thread .. lets just post all corner combos info in @Zoidberg747 official corner combo thread. hopefully zoid will continue to update the OP with new info and combos..

you guys need like one main combo thread.. with a nice full list of his combos ill let you guys decide who your combo leader is and if hes will to make a main thread.. maybe we turn @Zoidberg747 corner combo thread into the main baraka combo thread.. ill actually go and do that now. hopefully hes the best choice for updating the OP with updated combos...
said it already but thanks for all the new moved/stickied threads,
making things look alot more proper and im sure none the raka will mind that

ye argee maybe should keep zoids corner combo thread as a main combo thread,im still workin on a MAJOR update on the community guide as ive spoken with loco about,after the tourny i have sat ill have alot more time to finish it off

on the sindel thing,i think a few of the matchups here still have the wrong numbers imo (ie.liu kang,even reo/m2dave list had it as bad matchup but dont worry lads,not starting on that again...well not right now anyway) but id still say raka hav adv over sindel 5.5-4-5 more than 6-4 though

sindel normals are fasters than rakas so it not just a case of gettin past the zoning for a free win but she has no armour besides xray to deal with rakas frame trap/reset game,close airfireball great for keeping rakas non-ex charge game in check though and low fireball sometimes trades with spark because both so slow but sindels do more damage im pretty sure

galindo

Noob
Cyrax: This is a very dull, very boring match. You have to make a lot of reads, always waiting for that dreaded net. One block net equals a blade charge, however if they are stupid enough to net you up close, immediately go F4 into frametraps and then keep up pressure. Once he gets in the corner make sure to always end combos in resets, as his wakeup game is too dangerousIf he throws out bombs and you are close enough blade charge, even if he expects this it is safe on block so he cant do anything too damaging. Teleport is punished by blade spin, so that is another part of his game Baraka can counter.
what, you are crazy for two reasons.

1.only from up close you can punish a block net otherwise he can block and then he gets free pressure.
your reads should come from bombs. any time he places a bomb you get a free blade charge, just never stay full screen as it will cost you a bar to punish a far bomb.

2. cyrax's wake up game is terrible. the only thing dangerous is his ex ragdoll because its a low starter, and he puts you in the corner, and he can combo after it with a well time 1.

but again, it takes one bar, and its a decently difficult combo to pull off. he cannot wake up net or bomb, they will get stuffed. and just dont cross him over because his anti air special will catch you, but again his f44 will stuff all of these thing.

1man3letters

what, you are crazy for two reasons.

1.only from up close you can punish a block net otherwise he can block and then he gets free pressure.
your reads should come from bombs. any time he places a bomb you get a free blade charge, just never stay full screen as it will cost you a bar to punish a far bomb.

2. cyrax's wake up game is terrible. the only thing dangerous is his ex ragdoll because its a low starter, and he puts you in the corner, and he can combo after it with a well time 1.

but again, it takes one bar, and its a decently difficult combo to pull off. he cannot wake up net or bomb, they will get stuffed. and just dont cross him over because his anti air special will catch you, but again his f44 will stuff all of these thing.
on cyrax having to use meter for wake up,your forgetting since the wake up window buff cyraxs air grab fits into the 10 frame window

but yeah punishing his bombs in easier than punishing ranged net but be careful not to get at range where cyrax can spit a bomb then net before the punish,this is indeed tough for raka,cyrax limits the amount ex charge can be used as vs cyrax having breaker is a must

Zoidberg747

King Kozich said:
dude, most of your matchups are totally wrong. im an expert baraka player, i would know. anybody have any questions about barakas REAL matchups hmu
Mind clarifying.

King Kozich

Banned
Mind clarifying.
first of all, baraka can handle anybody, he has no bad matchups. so take all that shit down, make everything 5-5 or in baraka's favor
baraka beats kabal like 6-4, not loses to him like 3-7. i mean come on seriously? my baraka has never lost to a kabal since i bought this game, that aint no bad match. thats in baraka's favor. thats just some stuff off the top of my head, but there are more things wrong with these matchups

Zoidberg747

first of all, baraka can handle anybody, he has no bad matchups. so take all that shit down, make everything 5-5 or in baraka's favor
baraka beats kabal like 6-4, not loses to him like 3-7. i mean come on seriously? my baraka has never lost to a kabal since i bought this game, that aint no bad match. thats in baraka's favor. thats just some stuff off the top of my head, but there are more things wrong with these matchups
Go offline and win EVO, then we will talk.

galindo

Noob
on cyrax having to use meter for wake up,your forgetting since the wake up window buff cyraxs air grab fits into the 10 frame window

but yeah punishing his bombs in easier than punishing ranged net but be careful not to get at range where cyrax can spit a bomb then net before the punish,this is indeed tough for raka,cyrax limits the amount ex charge can be used as vs cyrax having breaker is a must
air grab is a good wake up, if you cross him up, and there is no need to cross him up when youre in the corner.

cyrax is one of the few players i always go for high damage when i have him in the corner, which is the opposite of what zoidberg said, so that is what im trying to discuss.

and if cyrax has a bar, and he uses for the ex ragdoll, you are eating big damage. that is what i meant, that he is only dangerous on wake up with a bar. even then, just block low, and if he tries anything fancy, blade spin.

1man3letters

air grab is a good wake up, if you cross him up, and there is no need to cross him up when youre in the corner.

cyrax is one of the few players i always go for high damage when i have him in the corner, which is the opposite of what zoidberg said, so that is what im trying to discuss.

and if cyrax has a bar, and he uses for the ex ragdoll, you are eating big damage. that is what i meant, that he is only dangerous on wake up with a bar. even then, just block low, and if he tries anything fancy, blade spin.
but if you dont cross him up air grab gives him free wakeup but your right to do damage on wakeup he needs ex rag doll and the less meter a cryax playin has the better ;)

i do think trying to stuff any wakeup is a fools game now with wakeup buff in last patch though

galindo

Noob
but if you dont cross him up air grab gives him free wakeup but your right to do damage on wakeup he needs ex rag doll and the less meter a cryax playin has the better ;)

i do think trying to stuff any wakeup is a fools game now with wakeup buff in last patch though
The second part of f44 will beat out the invincibility frames.of his anti air grab.

And yeah trying to stuff characters wake up is bad against most characters, but cyrax and liu kang will get stuffed 90% of the time.
try it :)

1man3letters

The second part of f44 will beat out the invincibility frames.of his anti air grab.

And yeah trying to stuff characters wake up is bad against most characters, but cyrax and liu kang will get stuffed 90% of the time.
try it :)
the move is less than 10 frames,weres the invincibility window gap for it to hit? and if its ex it def wont def wont stuff it backing two kinds of armor
same with snuffing ex kang moves,you have the 1 frame before the armor kicks in

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
srry ive been gone for a lil minute guys, been a... crazy week

looks like i got a lot of lot updating to do aha

[MENTION=433]DanCock[/MENTION] thanks for cleaning up the forum, i'll try to get everything looking right... starting now
if the spoilers realy bother u, i can take'm off, i want the ending product to be as organized, ez acessible as possible, so leme know

DanCock

Cock Master!!
srry ive been gone for a lil minute guys, been a... crazy week

looks like i got a lot of lot updating to do aha

[MENTION=433]DanCock[/MENTION] thanks for cleaning up the forum, i'll try to get everything looking right... starting now
if the spoilers realy bother u, i can take'm off, i want the ending product to be as organized, ez acessible as possible, so leme know
No leave it how you guys want it. I'm the only one that whined and I don't use him. So keep it how you guys like it :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Hey guys just giving you all a heads up, I stopped playing MK. Until NRS fixes all the unbearable glitches in this game, and fixes the netcode, I can't take this game seriously anymore. I really hate the fact that I can't use my character online to practice matchups because of the delay or fear of dropped inputs. So until a new version of the game is released, I'll be fighting dragons in Skyrim.

To all of you still playing, stick with Baraka! He's still gdlk, and I have a strong feeling he will make his first top 8 soon enough ;)

1man3letters

Hey guys just giving you all a heads up, I stopped playing MK. Until NRS fixes all the unbearable glitches in this game, and fixes the netcode, I can't take this game seriously anymore. I really hate the fact that I can't use my character online to practice matchups because of the delay or fear of dropped inputs. So until a new version of the game is released, I'll be fighting dragons in Skyrim.

To all of you still playing, stick with Baraka! He's still gdlk, and I have a strong feeling he will make his first top 8 soon enough ;)
1st off does you mean you wont be at NEC?

2nd and more importantly...please dont quit playin because the online is ass,i know sometimes its needed as there mightnt be a sindel or sheeva player in your circles so online is needed for that but thats all online is atm,a flawed pratice mode,i dont play online anymore,havnt for about 2 months and im all the better for it.
even when the game of the year edition comes out im sure the things wrong prob wont be fixed so i get your fustration but anyway i hope u change your mind and stay the vital part of the baraka community that you are,you will be missed if you do go

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Yeah I'm not at NEC, and have no tournament plans right now. It's not just the online being ass, I also need to step away for personal/financial reasons as well. I'll still play the game casually and provide input from time to time, but as far as being a tournament level guy to get advice from and whatnot, don't count on me moving forward. Guys like Bravo, galindo, THTB, Kidigital, jamesmk, ShadowZeroKyo, and other offline guys, as well as you forum monsters like yourself Zoidberg, LOCO, and all the rest, I'm sure will be able to provide much more detailed input. Good luck guys!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Zoidberg747

Yeah I'm not at NEC, and have no tournament plans right now. It's not just the online being ass, I also need to step away for personal/financial reasons as well. I'll still play the game casually and provide input from time to time, but as far as being a tournament level guy to get advice from and whatnot, don't count on me moving forward. Guys like Bravo, galindo, THTB, Kidigital, jamesmk, ShadowZeroKyo, and other offline guys, as well as you forum monsters like yourself Zoidberg, LOCO, and all the rest, I'm sure will be able to provide much more detailed input. Good luck guys!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Alright man, best of luck in your future endeavors.

galindo

Noob
hmm im more motivated to use baraka more often now...

i will use him at socal regionals, but i will use shang tsung for any sub zero, kabal, and maybe kitana match ups

Zoidberg747

So as fate would have it, I got eliminated from my first tourney by a sub zero and Kano. Kano I havent played against so that one was ok, but the sub zero I dont get. Once he ice clones and you have no meter all you can do is chop chop to gain meter. Once you do the Ex blade charge, he just ice clones again...

Once you get in up close d1 slices owns him(I learned this while playing casuals against the Kano, who also played subXD). But I just find it so hard to get in close. Any suggestions?

1man3letters

So as fate would have it, I got eliminated from my first tourney by a sub zero and Kano. Kano I havent played against so that one was ok, but the sub zero I dont get. Once he ice clones and you have no meter all you can do is chop chop to gain meter. Once you do the Ex blade charge, he just ice clones again...

Once you get in up close d1 slices owns him(I learned this while playing casuals against the Kano, who also played subXD). But I just find it so hard to get in close. Any suggestions?
how it go in the kano match,just knifes n balls?

i really love the baraka vs sub match because of the whole perfect meter mangement raka must have
ive said before 99% sub zeros start match with clone,vs raka bad idea,free normal blade charge,clone wont come out so thats always handy for 1st hit meter

yea when raka has no meter is tough but of course when u do use meter to get in and stay close with frametraps/blockstrings sub wont have the chance to get out ice clone while your building meter for when he does get space and try one, so at times gettin chip a good thing so 122~slices/spin etc to MAKE him block,
when sub is behind a clone(mid screen) is option really are ice ball or slide so while hes keeping u out he shouldnt get to much damage but meter he will.
as much of a bashing i give spark, i like it i this match for catching sub in start up frames of ice ball but its bad news if it trades so pick your moments
another thing i love,chop choping the crap out of slide,just makes me feel good inside

JagoMIH

Noob
From my experiences, Baraka's projectile can work good against Sub. If you can anticipate a clone, you can just throw out a projectile to hit him while staying out of harm's way. Sometimes you can catch him with a blade charge as well without getting touched by the clone at the right distance.

Zoidberg747

Alright, I am making a few changes to the list. Let me know what you guys think.

6-4 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
4-6 vs Jax
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
4-6 vs Kano
4-6 vs Kenshi
3-7 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
6-4 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
6-4 vs Skarlet
6-4 vs Smoke
4-6 vs Sonya Blade
6-4 vs Stryker
6-4 vs Sub-Zero

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The Sub matchup isn't that bad...without meter it's kinda hard, but know that blade charge's hitbox is way further out than the hurtbox, so Sub can't exactly stay on top of clone. If you don't have meter to punish clone, use spark to check Sub afterwards if possible. Any other time, clone should be smacked on reaction with EX charge.

It's a matchup of patience. Somewhat like Sub vs Cage but not as bad.