What's new

Match-up Discussion Baraka Match Up Discussion

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
hey loco, just a head up on 1 or 2 the matches that blank at the min

vs liu kang 5-5 (in matchup thread somecubanguy breaks down what baraka should do,just copy and paste the wisdom :coffee:)

vs reptile (thtb and somecuban guy also talk about this in matchup thread in how baraka can shut down alot of reptiles zoning,think they ended up settling on 5-5,again copy and paste id say)

1man3letters

I seriously still don't see how Sub-Raka is 4-6 Sub. >_>
funny thing i find about this matchup is ALOT of subs clone very start of match
so free 1st hit bonus as charge at start of match will cause clone not to come out and sub eats a charge and knockdown

i find it really fun2play,really heavy meter management to stop his clone/corner trap bs, only 2 sub players in my offline circles though so i dont get to play the match offline as much as id like

I'd say 6-4 Kitana.

Baraka's only way to reach her is with meter, using EN blade charge.

Kitana can just iAF all day using no meter, and his spin can be punished by a 45%.

1man3letters

I'd say 6-4 Kitana.

Baraka's only way to reach her is with meter, using EN blade charge.

Kitana can just iAF all day using no meter, and his spin can be punished by a 45%.
vs kitana is considered to be 3-7
somecubanguy agrees,16bit argrees
no more need be said than its hell for baraka,no way is it 4-6

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
6-4vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
4-6 vs Kano
4-6 vs Kenshi
3-7 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
6-4 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Skarlet
6-4 vs Smoke
4-6 vs Sonya Blade
6-4 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero

New Edit, changed a couple matchups(Sorry THTB, havent been on this thread in a while).

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
updated a lotttt

added zoidbergs matchup list at the top
added his ratings on the matchups
took all, or most information from matchups in the match up discussion thread from 9/23 until present and added it

so... ya'll can use this thread to discuss matchups now, if ya'll like too

going to go smoke, and probaly work on updating the other threads, or chill out for a bit

1man3letters

vs kenshi (4-6)

havnt seen to much talk on this matchup at all,any thoughts guys?

kenshi has a nice keep away game and can get in that ass at times aswell
kenshi has lots of armor so show some respect when he has meter,hes no kabal or sonya
he cant punish a blocked b3,1 with his low combo starter,charge or a link from 1 will though

some some reason if u do D2 kenshi's downsword(the overhead),will whiff,its well funny:dance:
not sure if kenshi charge punishes "safe" blade charge,will have to check

1man3letters

so... ya'll can use this thread to discuss matchups now, if ya'll like too
think it could be best to leave discussing the theory of matchups in the matchup thread and to keep this thread as the final results gathered from data there?
on what the best way to try beat the char is facing is,rather than theory

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
think it could be best to leave discussing the theory of matchups in the matchup thread and to keep this thread as the final results gathered from data there?
on what the best way to try beat the char is facing is,rather than theory
iright ese thats good too
veryyyy good 1man, more and more your showing your a great additition to have in the baraka forum
don't know what we do with out u ese :)

1man3letters

iright ese thats good too
veryyyy good 1man, more and more your showing your a great additition to have in the baraka forum
don't know what we do with out u ese :)
thanks loco, appreciate it :top:

ps. when FINALLY get my new internet line in,we'll play some online games,using brothers at the moment,1mb line...not for mk

Zoidberg747

Cyrax: This is a very dull, very boring match. You have to make a lot of reads, always waiting for that dreaded net. One block net equals a blade charge, however if they are stupid enough to net you up close, immediately go F4 into frametraps and then keep up pressure. Once he gets in the corner make sure to always end combos in resets, as his wakeup game is too dangerous. If he throws out bombs and you are close enough blade charge, even if he expects this it is safe on block so he cant do anything too damaging. Teleport is punished by blade spin, so that is another part of his game Baraka can counter.

Zoidberg747

6-4vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
4-6 vs Kano
4-6 vs Kenshi
3-7 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
6-4 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Skarlet
6-4 vs Smoke
4-6 vs Sonya Blade
6-4 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero

Sindel changed back to 5-5 after discussing it with Danc.o.c.k.
Shang changed back to 5-5 after discussing it with TsungSupreme

What is all of your opinions on the Noob matchup? I am really starting to think it is 6-4 Baraka, because once Raka gets in Noob doesnt have any frametraps, armor moves to get him off. Thoughts?

JagoMIH

Noob
Can anyone give some good insight on the Kenshi and Quan Chi matchups and strats for how to beat them?

Why is there two Baraka matchup threads BTW? Lol, would be nice if they could be merged.

Zoidberg747

The Baraka Vs. Thread is for discussing HOW to beat certain characters, this thread discusses what these matchup numbers are and why.\

Im not familiar with either of those matchups, so I cant help you, sorry.

1man3letters

Oh ok, that's cool, my bad. The more information I can get though, the better. :)
i have baraka vs kenshi footage uploaded in raka video thread to give you some idea of the matchup
kenshis only punish for b3,1 is to charge or link something from down1
his charge faster than rakas charge
as can see from the vids,i only have limited knowlege in this matchup,which im changing atm

havnt played any quan's with raka so cant say much about that, ex charge through skull and mixup pressure is only real tip i can think of against quan and for the love of rakas health bar dont try trade anything when he in trance range

galindo

Noob
from the past two week

*i used to think baraka was good against cage, despite most people, but i keep losing to awesomo-o at casuals, but i can destroy his cage with cyber sub. good matchup for cage.
*reinforced my belief in baraka, as a good matchup against ermac, i beat vvv krayzie a couple of times. can punish tk from i think any distance.
*reinforced my believe a bad matchup for shang tsung. at egp tournament i used shang and got beat by acid hand using baraka
*good matchup against jax. his blaed spark will make the non ex ground pound whiff every time.+ baraka has an awesome back dash. if your being pressured, land a d3 and dash back. follow up with a d4. or react to jump.

1man3letters

from the past two week

*i used to think baraka was good against cage, despite most people, but i keep losing to awesomo-o at casuals, but i can destroy his cage with cyber sub. good matchup for cage.
*reinforced my belief in baraka, as a good matchup against ermac, i beat vvv krayzie a couple of times. can punish tk from i think any distance.
*reinforced my believe a bad matchup for shang tsung. at egp tournament i used shang and got beat by acid hand using baraka
*good matchup against jax. his blaed spark will make the non ex ground pound whiff every time.+ baraka has an awesome back dash. if your being pressured, land a d3 and dash back. follow up with a d4. or react to jump.
1.baraka vs cage will always be bad for raka,maybe your gettin used to your freinds cage but its just a bad matchup however you look at it

2.id still argee with the matchup saying its even,i would say raka has a adv just because of the result of one tournament match

3.as we can punish all tkp,ermac can tkp all blade charges expect full screen ex if im not mistakin??
i flip back and forth on won has the adv in this match,a ermac would knows the raka matchup can be very tough, playin keep away with fireballs and stoping the jip game with lifts etc, but much lift with vsbshang when,when u do get in u really have to make it count with damage

$.hmm thats intresting info on the vs jax with ground pound,thanks for that

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand
At first I thought the Baraka Ermac match-up was 5-5 but after playing vvvKrayzie's Ermac for a bit, he said the match-up was 6-4 in ERMAC's favor simply because of the amount of damage he can get off in an anti-air in comparison to Baraka. Outside of the damage % that Ermac gets off of anti-air I would say this match is pretty much even.

I think Baraka def has advantage vs Shang but is at major disadvantage against Cage. I feel most comfortable having a decent amount of distance from cage, playing reactionary and also keeping a chopchop ready so when he tries that wakeup red kick it slides right into chopchop's vacuum.

Zoidberg747

Agree with the Shang matchup, disagree with the Ermac matchup. Baraka shouldn't really jump in against Ermac. He has to save his meter for EX blade charge. Once he starts to pressure Ermac gets in trouble. Krayzie has a point but as long as you dont jump in against Ermac that isnt a problem.

galindo

Noob
At first I thought the Baraka Ermac match-up was 5-5 but after playing vvvKrayzie's Ermac for a bit, he said the match-up was 6-4 in ERMAC's favor simply because of the amount of damage he can get off in an anti-air in comparison to Baraka. Outside of the damage % that Ermac gets off of anti-air I would say this match is pretty much even.

I think Baraka def has advantage vs Shang but is at major disadvantage against Cage. I feel most comfortable having a decent amount of distance from cage, playing reactionary and also keeping a chopchop ready so when he tries that wakeup red kick it slides right into chopchop's vacuum.
just dont jump in. i was playing dumb that time, and i jumped in a lot, but really all you need to do is dash d4
that sets up your whole offense, everything.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i linked alot of you baraka mains to this post so you guys know why your thread may have been removed or moved..

@Bravo Moe @galindo @Kidigital @AcidHand2011 @SomeCubanGuy @LOCO @1man3letters @Zoidberg747

fyi i moved the main topics videos to the community guide thread.. a new thread doesnt need to be made with baraka info when you guys already have a main guide thread.. hope no one gets mad.. and trust me posting in a already made thread, your post will get read..

you guys are the leader of the baraka kummunity lets keep it so people like myself can come in teh forum and make it easy for me to learn how to use him. you guys are awesome again your post will be read by all baraka fans. if you feel you have posted something that is new and ground breaking that needs to be front page news all you need to do is post in this thread and leave a link to storms with the @ symbol..

if theres anything you guys think i should remove close or merge let me know.. i closed @bravos moe 's corner dev corner combo thread http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?12429-Official-Baraka-Corner-Game-Thread .. lets just post all corner combos info in @Zoidberg747 official corner combo thread. hopefully zoid will continue to update the OP with new info and combos..

you guys need like one main combo thread.. with a nice full list of his combos ill let you guys decide who your combo leader is and if hes will to make a main thread.. maybe we turn @Zoidberg747 corner combo thread into the main baraka combo thread.. ill actually go and do that now. hopefully hes the best choice for updating the OP with updated combos...

Agree with the Shang matchup, disagree with the Ermac matchup. Baraka shouldn't really jump in against Ermac. He has to save his meter for EX blade charge. Once he starts to pressure Ermac gets in trouble. Krayzie has a point but as long as you dont jump in against Ermac that isnt a problem.
NO character should jump in on Ermac at all, a good ermac player will always get them on reaction.