What's new

Bad cops killing people again! (RIP John Crawford)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
@DuBBer Kiir

If you were pulled over by a cop, you are three times less likely to be searched

http://blackdemographics.com/culture/crime/
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/12/police-stop-and-search-black-people
https://fullfact.org/factchecks/stop_and_search_black_white_ethnicity-3220
Numbers vary but either way you are right on this one.

If you committed a crime as a young man, you are more likely to receive a lighter punishment

http://www.sentencingproject.org/doc/publications/rd_sentencing_review.pdf
Right again.

If you are caught with drugs, you are 48 times less likely to go to jail than your black friend with the same crime

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/1/5850830/war-on-drugs-racist-minorities
http://www.pri.org/stories/2013-06-07/why-are-black-people-four-times-more-likely-whites-be-arrested-marijuana-crimes
This is an exaggeration. It is more like 4 times as likely. There is a discrepancy though.

If you apply for a home mortgage, you are half as likely to be turned down

http://www.inman.com/2014/01/15/minorities-less-likely-to-apply-for-mortgage-more-likely-to-get-turned-down/
http://realestateluxury.biz/minorities-less-likely-to-apply-for-mortgage-more-likely-to-get-turned-down/
Yep.

If you violate school rules, you are less likely to be suspended or expelled than a minority student.

http://wesa.fm/post/study-minority-students-more-likely-be-suspended-expelled
Bingo.

If you apply for a business loan, you are more likely to be approved than your minority friend

http://www.sba.gov/content/access-capital-among-young-firms-minority-owned-firms-women-owned-firms-and-high-tech-firms
This isn't correct. Whether you get a business loan or not depends on the size of your business and your business plan. If a white person comes in with no plan and a small business they wont get a loan, same with a woman or minority owned business.

If you apply for a job, you are 50% more likely to receive a callback because of your "white name" than your black friend with a "black name".

http://wikis.la.utexas.edu/theory/page/name-discrimination(ToC has three independent studies)
Right Again.

Your own personal anecdotes don't cancel out statistics and facts.
Educate yourself and try to understand how your experiences aren't the entire world.
Just so you know, it helps if you post your sources. Makes it much harder(but not impossible) to disregard your facts. Good job though.

LOL, I thought the same thing man. I assume they are probably MSNBC factoids...
8/9 aint bad.

Flagg

Noob
Guys don't start saying you can't get a job or an interview because of your skin colour because il go ahead and say the real reason is you're lazy and not proactive enough. Go and do some volunteer work, do a course, do whatever it takes to improve your CV.

Really annoys me when people say they can't progress because of this. It's the 21st century. Employers couldn't be more freaking diverse if they tried.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Guys don't start saying you can't get a job or an interview because of your skin colour because il go ahead and say the real reason is you're lazy and not proactive enough. Go and do some volunteer work, do a course, do whatever it takes to improve your CV.

Really annoys me when people say they can't progress because of this. It's the 21st century. Employers couldn't be more freaking diverse if they tried.
Statistics don't lie bro.

All that stuff helps but there has been studies that show having a minority name hurts your chances of getting callbacks.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
My wife has been reading this thread intently and wants help her black community...she believes that more blacks need to stick to simple, common, ambiguous names, instead of Tawanda or Darmeka. Her name is Tonya and she has a college education and a great job (more money than my white ass ) She also suggests men (black or white) pull their fucking pants up if they want to be taken seriously.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion

Don't you live in the UK? What exactly makes you an expert about the ins and outs of American society? Or the treatment of African-Americans in said society?

@DuBBer Kiir

I still don't understand the point you're trying to prove. Or why you're getting super defensive.

Last edited:
@DuBBer Kiir

I still don't understand the point you're trying to prove. Or why you're getting super defensive.
According to you the law heavily discriminates against blacks, but the numbers I posted from the FBI clearly show that's not true. 3 times as many white people were arrested so I'm not really seeing the racial discrimination from the law.

Shaazzyam

Ok, I laughed. What exactly are you implying? Living day to day on food-stamps is the dream?

Here's another cool chart.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43

It would appear that even though whites are "48" times less likely to be charged/arrested whatever, seem to lead the nation in crime for the last 3 years
It's 3 times as likely.

Also, I don't think you understand how statistics work. This still doesn't prove anything.

I just want there to be two sides of a story is all
The question is, "In society, do whites have advantages, or more privilege, than their fellow black Americans?"
The answer, statistically, empirically, and factually is hell yes. Being a straight, white male is easy mode.

All your doing is grasping at straws. Like what's next? How it's unfair white people are more likely to get sunburned?

There's no "second story" here.

Last edited:
I think I'm just tired of the BS notion that everybody seems to agree on, that only white people are ignorant and racist and all minorities suffer under our tyrannical reign of oppression. Like they don't ever do anything wrong and can't be held accountable for their actions because that would be racist to point out. They can't move forward solely because white people won't let them. Like, black on black violence is probably the worse violence of any race, but nobody seems to bring that up. Idk I'm from missouri and I'm ignorant so I guess I know nothing

Shaazzyam

You're really doubling down on this.

I think I'm just tired of the BS notion that everybody seems to agree on, that only white people are ignorant and racist and all minorities suffer under our tyrannical reign of oppression.
Nobody said that.
Like they don't ever do anything wrong and can't be held accountable for their actions because that would be racist to point out.
Nobody said that.

They can't move forward solely because white people won't let them.
Not to the extent of how it was 400 years ago, but racism is def still alive and an institutional part of America..

Like, black on black violence is probably the worse violence of any race, but nobody seems to bring that up.
Here we go, the deflection.
Oh, I guess the president and first lady are nobodies then. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/02/27/fact-sheet-opportunity-all-prsident-obama-launches-my-brother-s-keeper-

Yeah, it's no secret that rates of violent crime are far higher among blacks than among whites. What is generally overlooked is that these rates have dropped sharply over the past two decades. The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice reports that violent crime by young blacks has plunged 60 percent.

But you know what else nobody brings up? USA Today reports: "Nearly two times a week in the United States, a white police officer killed a black person during a seven-year period ending in 2012, according to the most recent accounts of justifiable homicide reported to the FBI."

Huh.

Idk I'm from missouri and I'm ignorant so I guess I know nothing

Maybe this video is for you, breh:

Shaazzyam said:
That page is broken or something. And wouldn't a black president kind of negate the whole oppression thing? Literally the highest position that can be earned in America. I'm just confused by this.

Shaazzyam said:
Yeah, it's no secret that rates of violent crime are far higher among blacks than among whites. What is generally overlooked is that these rates have dropped sharply over the past two decades. The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice reports that violent crime by young blacks has plunged 60 percent.
Well that's good news, I'd bet they're probably still statistically the highest when it comes to same-race violence. Whites are probably right behind them though.

Shaazzyam said:
But you know what else nobody brings up? USA Today reports: "Nearly two times a week in the United States, a white police officer killed a black person during a seven-year period ending in 2012, according to the most recent accounts of justifiable homicide reported to the FBI."

Huh.
So... I don't understand this point. Officers kill white people all the time, what's the point here? You just don't hear about it when it's a white person, it just ends up being on world's wildest police videos 5 years later.

Shaazzyam

That page is broken or something. And wouldn't a black president kind of negate the whole oppression thing? Literally the highest position that can be earned in America. I'm just confused by this.
How could I forget? The exact moment Obama walked into the White House, racism finally ended. Racial barriers ceased to exist, everyone with racist thoughts just exploded.

Do you read what you write?

Well that's good news, I'd bet they're probably still statistically the highest when it comes to same-race violence. Whites are probably right behind them though.
Still waiting for your reason for bringing up this irrelevant opinion in the first place?

So... I don't understand this point. Officers kill white people all the time, what's the point here? You just don't hear about it when it's a white person, it just ends up being on world's wildest police videos 5 years later.
Because there's a huge disproportion between the two?
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/24/1324132/-How-Often-are-Unarmed-Black-Men-Shot-Down-By-Police

Stop deflecting. It seem like your just rapid-firing every ignorant thought and hoping something sticks.

Shaazzyam said:
How could I forget? The exact moment Obama walked into the White House, racism finally ended. Racial barriers ceased to exist, everyone with racist thoughts just exploded.

Do you read what you write?
It's an obvious milestone. Are you trying to imagine a world without racism? It's just never going to happen.

Shaazzyam said:
Still waiting for your reason for bringing up this irrelevant opinion in the first place?
Because every race murders every race, not just whites killing blacks or blacks killing whites.

Shaazzyam said:
Because there's a huge disproportion between the two?
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/24/1324132/-How-Often-are-Unarmed-Black-Men-Shot-Down-By-Police

Stop deflecting. It seem like your just rapid-firing every ignorant thought and hoping something sticks.
My entire argument when I first replied to this thread, was the dude was pacing around a wal-mart with what appeared to be a real weapon. And was killed (albeit wrongfully). As I stated he didn't deserve to die, but when you pace around a public store with a real looking firearm, you might get shot. Open carry laws are ultimately up to the business owners if somebody is in their store, since Ohio is a permissive open carry.

Anyway, here's a news story that will never get covered. The dude who got shot probably deserved it, but he was unarmed. Cops are just becoming overzealous.

http://twitchy.com/2014/08/22/wheres-the-media-outcry-unarmed-white-man-shot-by-black-police-officer-in-utah/

Shaazzyam

@DuBBer Kiir

I'm not going to repeat myself for like the billionth time. That facts, not your opinions, your anecdotes, or your ignorant statements, are that African Americans still experience systematic biases in many different facets in American society.

Please do not post another "But this happened to a white person!" link in response. Only someone truly sheltered could deny that being white is a privilege.

I'm still laughing at the "Obama's president, race is never a factor" comment btw.

Last edited:

Flagg

Noob
Don't you live in the UK? What exactly makes you an expert about the ins and outs of American society? Or the treatment of African-Americans in said society?

@DuBBer Kiir

You're not a mod. Go read your first ammendment. I knoe more than you know. I can comment on any Damn thread I like on this site.

The only person defensive is you. In your mind you've already decided that white people are 100% to blame for everything. I

Shaazzyam

You're not a mod. Go read your first ammendment. I knoe more than you know. I can comment on any Damn thread I like on this site.

The only person defensive is you. In your mind you've already decided that white people are 100% to blame for everything. I
Lol relax buddy.

How about you drop some evidence to back up all your claims, then I might take you seriously.

haketh

Noob
Plz learn what freedom of speech actually means.

Pretty much only seeing white tears here complaining that they don't recognize basic privilege.

@DuBBer Kiir

I'm not going to repeat myself for like the billionth time. That facts, not your opinions, your anecdotes, or your ignorant statements, are that African Americans still experience systematic biases in many different facets in American society.

Please do not post another "But this happened to a white person!" link in response. Only someone truly sheltered could deny that being white is a privilege.

I'm still laughing at the "Obama's president, race is never a factor" comment btw.
I acknowledge it's a privilege. But to solely blame us for impedance of an entire race's advancement in society at this point is just playing the race card. Sure the discrimination doesn't help, but both parties discriminate equally against each other. And if you don't truly believe that, you're sheltered. If you type 3 page walls of text going on about "poor me can't do nuttin with the white man's foot on my neck", some people are going to take it the wrong way. I will admit I see better now that it's not as easy being a minority, but to sit there and say they can't move forward because of white people is ridiculous.

Shaazzyam

But to solely blame us for impedance of an entire race's advancement in society at this point is just playing the race card. Sure the discrimination doesn't help, but both parties discriminate equally against each other. And if you don't truly believe that, you're sheltered. If you type 3 page walls of text going on about "poor me can't do nuttin with the white man's foot on my neck", some people are going to take it the wrong way. I will admit I see better now that it's not as easy being a minority, but to sit there and say they can't move forward because of white people is ridiculous.
Lol you still haven't learned a thing. And I'm tired of explaining it. Stay in your bubble, breh.

I acknowledge it's a privilege.
Should've just ended your post right there.