What's new

Attention SoCal Players: The Injustice scene at WNF needs your help!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah but not every one has you're dedication. When you lose with your character you seem to be fine with it even when you got lamed out by Theo's aquaman. But for others it brings a sense of frustration of hopelessness. But then again being persistent has seemed to work with a lot of people so it depends on the heart of the player.

No, I definitely get frustrated. I am the saltiest player in Chicago. I have felt hopeless/emo for at least 75% of my Injustice career. However my drive to succeed overrides my desire to quit and I push on. I understand not everyone can be as dedicated as that but I'm just saying, I know exactly how it feels to struggle locally. It can pay off. I guess some just don't care enough and that's ok. Just a shame it can kill a scene.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Yeah but not every one has you're dedication. When you lose with your character you seem to be fine with it even when you got lamed out by Theo's aquaman. But for others it brings a sense of frustration of hopelessness. But then again being persistent has seemed to work with a lot of people so it depends on the heart of the player.
Ok with it? He endlessly complains about it for hours and throws out "broke". He even matchup cops for our characters now .... it's awesome.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ok with it? He endlessly complains about it for hours and throws out "broke". He even matchup cops for our characters now .... it's awesome.

This is all true. Except I policed match ups for MK9 too and my character wasn't shite.

watson

Noob
at least this thread has done a good job generating some interest. hopefully we take this and generate some momentum with nrs stuff. thanks to cash for supplying some bonus prizes and stuff and im pretty sure if you guys maintain a decent number of entrants i will be able to provide a few free prizes too. as most of you know i dont feel that winners deserve more, so i will offer free prizes to random players who dont place top 3 and dont receive prize money. will probably do a random raffle and each time you enter you will receive 1 ticket. something along those lines. thank you guys for always showing up and let me know if we can try to do more for you.

pz, watson

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Hey, guise. I don't really know how safe it is to travel with strangers, so just in case Nubcakes murders me or whatever I want everyone to know that NW is a bad character.

MMH 6-4 NW

watson

Noob
i posted in the other thread so might as well post here. we had 4 people enter both mk and inj last night. yikes...... theres always a reason someone cant show up and of course its understandable. i am here to help keep the games alive just as much as you guys are so please let me know how i can be of any assistance. would you guys like to do just casuals maybe instead of a tourney? since cash is offering a prize for season end maybe only charge the $5 venue fee and no charge for the tourney for now to encourage more players? i dont know........ whatever the case, just know im here to help.

pz

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Seemed like last night was pretty slow for every game.

Hopefully people keep showing up for MK/Inj!

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
Yeah, the number were certainly pathetic last night, especially because I was one of the 4 people that entered to play. Like, I don't even play but I still supported because it's really bad to only have that many people enter the tournament. If SoCal wants the game to live, people need to start showing up, but I really don't want to enter when it's only 4 people for the tournament. I'll support if you guys had 7 people and need an 8 from now on, but 3 people, not including me, is certainly pathetic and everyone needs to come out. I know that today was the first day of school for the UCs but running Injustice doesn't go past like 11 o'clock nowadays so people need to come and support the NRS games.