What's new

Attention SoCal Players: The Injustice scene at WNF needs your help!

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
To be fair I stopped entering last week (I've entered literally every WNF before that) because I don't like the way Doomsday has to be played at this point in the game's life and I feel like I have to either take too many risks or play super safe and sacrifice a lot of damage. For a while I was entering just to support the scene, but it's come to the point where I don't practice anymore (haven't really since UFGT), so I get bodied, but I don't feel like I should be getting bodied because of how much time I've put into the game, so I get mad. And that effects my attitude in other games that I'm playing that day as well so I just have a general bad experience. It's nothing against the game or the community. I just don't like injustice anymore and feel it has a negative effect on me enjoying tournament play.

I really hope the game continues to do well and gets support at other majors. Which is why I entered Injustice at WCW to help support so that it can hopefully maintain it's status as a main tournament game in these events. I'll be back for MKX, I promise. <3

EDIT: a little side note, SoCal's scene is really broken believe it or not. And a lot of people talk about other people behind closed doors, I think this has had a huge negative impact on the scene as a whole and has definitely contributed to my feelings toward the game at least a little bit. Not trying to blow up anyone specific, as I think everyone in the scene has done this at one point or another, including myself. Just throwing things out in the open because I'm not the kind of guy to keep shit hidden. Trying to be as neutral as possible though, I've seen this in pretty much every other local scene as well, including SoCal's SF scene. So I guess it's nothing to be surprised by.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
i just got a text from jamesMK that people are talking shit about the arcade not allowing people to stream.. why do i always have to come to forums that i do not frequent and defend myself and my location? im not sure who's doing the yapping but i haven't heard a peep out of anyone who attends our events. if there was an issue why wasn't it brought up to me and instead getting thrown around the internet?

you can ask anyone who comes to the arcade about how i treat the nrs crew and all our customers for that matter. i am actually very nice to all the guys who enter injustice and it goes beyond a business relationship with most of them. we kid around all the time and talk smack back and forth in good fun. if there is any issue come talk to me. dont start this online bullshit please. i have supported this game from day 1 and i see people making efforts to keep it alive. i have even donated prizes on more than one occasion out of my own pocket to try and help get more entrants. all im asking is that you guys don't make something out of nothing and go talking shit where it doesn't belong. thanks and see you guys in a couple days.
Lol woa slow down

Not one person has ever said anything negative about you or super arcade

There was just a question regarding why there wasn't a community stream for injustice after the community donated $ to buy wonder chef a new CPU to do it

Not one thing you will find in this thread was like anything you described lol :)

INB4 OBS Tuesday is a 6 hour episode about this ;)

But once again there hasn't been a word of negativity on super arcade

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
To be fair I stopped entering last week (I've entered literally every WNF before that) because I don't like the way Doomsday has to be played at this point in the game's life and I feel like I have to either take too many risks or play super safe and sacrifice a lot of damage. For a while I was entering just to support the scene, but it's come to the point where I don't practice anymore (haven't really since UFGT), so I get bodied, but I don't feel like I should be getting bodied because of how much time I've put into the game, so I get mad. And that effects my attitude in other games that I'm playing that day as well so I just have a general bad experience. It's nothing against the game or the community. I just don't like injustice anymore and feel it has a negative effect on me enjoying tournament play.

I really hope the game continues to do well and gets support at other majors. Which is why I entered Injustice at WCW to help support so that it can hopefully maintain it's status as a main tournament game in these events. I'll be back for MKX, I promise. <3

EDIT: a little side note, SoCal's scene is really broken believe it or not. And a lot of people talk about other people behind closed doors, I think this has had a huge negative impact on the scene as a whole and has definitely contributed to my feelings toward the game at least a little bit. Not trying to blow up anyone specific, as I think everyone in the scene has done this at one point or another, including myself. Just throwing things out in the open because I'm not the kind of guy to keep shit hidden. Trying to be as neutral as possible though, I've seen this in pretty much every other local scene as well, including SoCal's SF scene. So I guess it's nothing to be surprised by.
Brad maybe you should look into how you're practicing and try new things to give it another shot?

Maybe I or others can help?

Greatest comeback story ever ? :D

Cash

Noob
Lol woa slow down

Not one person has ever said anything negative about you or super arcade

There was just a question regarding why there wasn't a community stream for injustice after the community donated $ to buy wonder chef a new CPU to do it

Not one thing you will find in this thread was like anything you described lol :)

INB4 OBS Tuesday is a 6 hour episode about this ;)

But once again there hasn't been a word of negativity on super arcade
Yeah the donation drive thing happened before the new rules applied we knew nothing. If we did know no way we would've asked for the money for that. However we may not be able to stream but I've seen the Tekken guys just record a pseudo stream and post it on YouTube or their forum later. It may be old but at least you guys get to see our matches and tournament. Seeing as how we play at an ungodly hour for the east coast it may end up working out.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I always enter when I can...
And like...I've been stranded in Downtown LA because the buses don't ride so late so...it's always possible I guess.

I like showing off Zatanna and stuff so yeah imma try to go.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
Brad is right, though - SoCal, Injustice community is broken, and a lot more so than Street Fighter (in SoCal, at least, not saying there isn't drama in SoCal either, but it's a lot less prominent tbh). It's sad and it makes me not want to play, a lot of the time.

I'm sure if Injustice comes back to life, though, I'm sure we'll be allowed to run the stream on the superarcade side stream..

hope everyone comes through this week.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
"Player turnout has reached a new low" well ppl dont want to go pay and end up getting their ass kicked in tourney. It is competition so there is gonna be a winner and must be losers but ppl dont want to lose. But they just gonna have to deal with it.

tbh with way Theo was bodying ppl in socal can you really blame them? His talent is really in another category, that boy was literally unbeatable at one point in injustice and lbsh if evo was 3-5 he would of won it free and we all know it.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
When BLTB started up I was really hoping between us and WNF that we can make West coast even stronger than it was. So it just sucks to hear that the NRS scene at WNF is in jeopardy. I really hope thing turn around for you guys. I really look forward to seeing you guys at WCW in a better enviorment then what MLG was. Between both of our scenes wecan make the West Coast what is should be so lets do this. I really wish you guys the best of luck and I will see you guys this weekend. :)

PS: Dont let us be the better scene! ;-) lol

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I thought the WNF crew had a decent amount of ppl that played? A part of me is curious if they quit in part because of AM lol. That's not a reason to quit though...it's a reason to level up. Anyway, I hope your scene gets together and has a strong showing this weekend.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
"Player turnout has reached a new low" well ppl dont want to go pay and end up getting their ass kicked in tourney. It is competition so there is gonna be a winner and must be losers but ppl dont want to lose. But they just gonna have to deal with it.
People also don't like the position that their characters are in now. It makes people stop competing and lose the will to play. Nightwing, BA, Green Arrow, Grundy, Joker players are examples.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
People also don't like the position that their characters are in now. It makes people stop competing and lose the will to play. Nightwing, BA, Green Arrow, Grundy, Joker players are examples.
Yeah, but hey what can you do? ya know NRS already made patches that they are willing to do and just focusing on MKX now. ppl will just have to deal or let another NRS game that isnt MK down the drain.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
i also wanted to add that Ducky wins mist of our locals and for me being a Superman player that i constantly grind with him and all my troublesome MUs, even AM. I am a super competitive dude and i really find enjoyment in trying my ass off to over come the obstacals in my way and there is no better feeling than knowing your hard work is paying off

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Looks like this is Operation Save SoCal. Well i really hope that everything works out for you guys socal (& wc in general) has some really good players it'd be a shame if you guys revive the local scene down there

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I know some animal ladies that didn't give up and it paid off.
Yeah but not every one has you're dedication. When you lose with your character you seem to be fine with it even when you got lamed out by Theo's aquaman. But for others it brings a sense of frustration of hopelessness. But then again being persistent has seemed to work with a lot of people so it depends on the heart of the player.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Yeah, but hey what can you do? ya know NRS already made patches that they are willing to do and just focusing on MKX now. ppl will just have to deal or let another NRS game that isnt MK down the drain.
Yeah I know, but the games are always better when people have a real love for the game.