What's new

Attention SoCal Players: The Injustice scene at WNF needs your help!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I am posting this message on behalf of @Nubcakes, a top-notch Batman player who attends WNF regularly. Everything you will read below here is written by him.

_______________________________​

Hey everyone, before I get to the main point of this post, I wanted to say that I've always enjoyed TYM and all that it has to offer from afar. Due to recent events that have revealed the declining state of the SoCal Injustice scene at Wednesday Night Fights, I can no longer hide in the shadows as a lurker.

With that being said, I'm here simply to reiterate the dilemma that @Cash has recently brought to everyone's attention: that support and player turnout for Injustice at WNF is dwindling. Although this general trend has been occurring for some time now, the problem has gotten exponentially worse since EVO 2014. Player turnout has reached a new low. As a result, Watson has explained to me and @MF SLAYER that this upcoming week will be Injustice's last week on the WNF lineup if numbers don't improve. As a member of the NRS community, I just can't accept losing such a valuable resource/tool/location to apathy. I can't accept losing the place that has giving me the ability and honor to play and learn from all of SoCal's best; including, but not limited to, @EMPEROR_THEO, Slayer, @Filipino Man, @RDK|Tyrant, @EGP Wonder_Chef, @Sajam, and @SonicBoomBrad.

In an effort to try and draw out some new locals, I am offering a ride to and from SuperArcade to anyone who lives within a 20-mile radius from the arcade. All I ask from you is your availability for an entire Wednesday evening (late evening!) and a minimum of $5 for gas. I hope this can provide the impetus some of you may need to come out and show your love and support for this great NRS title.

Thank you guys for your time and I hope to see SoCal's passion shine in full force this Wednesday!

Sincerely,

Nubcakes

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Unreal

Absolutely unreal

If I lived in an area w theo, slayer, and nubs man I'd never leave a session till kicked out and theo would have a restraining order against me

I would love to be able to attend locals w these guys on a Wednesday. I love attending Atl as well w most people but due to work w college football/NFL now I can't (once in a blue moon)

I wonder what the WNF crew will do when these three dominate again in MKx after a year

It's obvious many stopped going because of losing but shit,
You have two guys at WNF w Evo medals - how about learn and level up from these guys.

I'll paypal registration for @Rev_ @Shaazzyam and @ShAd0w-CoL0n3L if they can attend to help and nub pick them up :)

Last edited:

RM Nubcakes

On the grind again
@AK RM Blake thank you for posting :) Now that I have my account working, I can take it over from here!

Thank you for all the support guys, I seriously love this game. So in its time of need, I'm willing to make personal sacrifices to ensure its livelihood!

@AK Pig Of The Hut in regards to the stream, Watson has told us that he's not allowing anyone else to stream besides levelup live while the arcade is still adjusting and figuring out some logistical stuff since the re-opening. I, for one, hope he will let us go back to streaming our tournaments again- given that we bring the players.

Lastly, if anyone wants to take me up on my offer, please PM so we can discuss the specifics.

Pig Of The Hut

@AK RM Blake thank you for posting :) Now that I have my account working, I can take it over from here!

Thank you for all the support guys, I seriously love this game. So in its time of need, I'm willing to make personal sacrifices to ensure its livelihood!

@AK Pig Of The Hut in regards to the stream, Watson has told us that he's not allowing anyone else to stream besides levelup live while the arcade is still adjusting and figuring out some logistical stuff since the re-opening. I, for one, hope he will let us go back to streaming our tournaments again- given that we bring the players.

Lastly, if anyone wants to take me up on my offer, please PM so we can discuss the specifics.
This is great to clear up

Many have wondered

From what I understand Theo is concentrating on USF4 more than Injustice right now.

But shouldn't that encourage people to body him in Injustice or get 1st if he doesn't compete in Injustice anymore? I mean all those who didn't like competing at WNF because of Theo and Aquaman should strike now when their best player is weakened/distracted lol.

Pig Of The Hut

From what I understand Theo is concentrating on USF4 more than Injustice right now.

But shouldn't that encourage people to body him in Injustice or get 1st if he doesn't compete in Injustice anymore?
Yea he's moved on to USF and doing well

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
A game never really dies at WNF.

Remember that.

Even if it's not a featured event, if there are 20 people at WNF for games like Dead or Alive or Injustice, Watson has the copy of the game behind the counter.

Nonetheless, if you guys really need me for numbers to enter, I'll enter, I guess.

Hopefully we get outsiders this week too because West Coast Warzone is definitely this weekend.

Pig Of The Hut

A game never really dies at WNF.

Remember that.

Even if it's not a featured event, if there are 20 people at WNF for games like Dead or Alive or Injustice, Watson has the copy of the game behind the counter.

Nonetheless, if you guys really need me for numbers to enter, I'll enter, I guess.

Hopefully we get outsiders this week too because West Coast Warzone is definitely this weekend.
I honestly could see some travelers try and make this happen or some new comers in the area like @Shaazzyam

He'd be cool to see

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
I honestly could see some travelers try and make this happen or some new comers in the area like @Shaazzyam

He'd be cool to see
I feel like he'd talk a lot less shit offline tbh though lol. Or maybe he'd get stuck in his persona of fanboying over Stephen and his NW lolol.

I'm all for new players though. I thought @Rev_ was really cool the one time he came out. Trust me I'm not a Hollywood Capcom head pls.

Pig Of The Hut

I feel like he'd talk a lot less shit offline tbh though lol. Or maybe he'd get stuck in his persona of fanboying over Stephen and his NW lolol.

I'm all for new players though. I thought @Rev_ was really cool the one time he came out. Trust me I'm not a Hollywood Capcom head pls.
Rev can't w school which sucks but hope to meet him one day, really nice and cool guy

So the pressure is on @Shaazzyam and @ShAd0w-CoL0n3L :)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Well to be fair, not everyone makes passive aggressive posts about it without asking anybody.

It WAS on my twitter too, to be fair.
Well there hasn't been any dedicated stream for it for a while as far as I know, that's what sucks. I know your capture card broke a while ago or something, but was that what the new equipment was for? Or can you still not stream regardless? It would be awesome if you could stream it if you're able to once they lift that rule

haketh

Noob
Well there hasn't been any dedicated stream for it for a while as far as I know, that's what sucks. I know your capture card broke a while ago or something, but was that what the new equipment was for? Or can you still not stream regardless? It would be awesome if you could stream it if you're able to once they lift that rule
No side streams at all at Superarcade. Only ones allowed are Leveluplive, Super Arcade, and IEBattlegrounds. They're trying to consolidate all the streams for better exposure.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
@EGP Wonder_Chef

I'm going to have to ask you not to turn this thread into another heated debate. Your friend Nubcakes is trying to revitalize the Injustice scene for SoCal, so I would think this is hardly the time to concern yourself with bad blood.

Whatever personal problems you have with Pig, or anyone else, are better off worked out in PM. This also goes for you, @AK Pig Of The Hut.

haketh

Noob
Shit, does Watson know that the NRS community donated money for a stream station and he's shutting that down? Is there no possible way to work something out?

I'm sorta upset that I donated money and now nothing's coming from that. Really makes me less likely to go to wnf again in the future. I'm pretty bummed
I don't think Watson knows about that, either way I don't think he would let a NRS only stream rock.