What's new

Attention SoCal Players: The Injustice scene at WNF needs your help!

4x4lo8o

Noob
I don't think Watson knows about that, either way I don't think he would let a NRS only stream rock.
Someone needs to at least bring it up to him and attempt to work it out. Maybe some non-local guys should try bringing it up to him at WCW so he can see there's a lot of interest in it from outside the local scene?

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
Someone needs to at least bring it up to him and attempt to work it out. Maybe some non-local guys should try bringing it up to him at WCW so he can see there's a lot of interest in it from outside the local scene?
If numbers pick back up it will be streamed, just no stream dedicated only to IGAU or MK. It's the same with all the games ran at Super now, only exceptions really are Melee/Project M but that's only because those are the only games ran on Sunday and the numbers they both bring in. Also Rebel Up! the Anime event, if NRS had numbers to support their own event at Super we'd probably get our own day & stream plus more stream time on Wednesday.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@EGP Wonder_Chef

I'm going to have to ask you not to turn this thread into another heated debate. Your friend Nubcakes is trying to revitalize the Injustice scene for SoCal, so I would think this is hardly the time to concern yourself with bad blood.

Whatever personal problems you have with Pig, or anyone else, are better off worked out in PM. This also goes for you, @AK Pig Of The Hut.
Understood sherif

Last edited:

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
If numbers pick back up it will be streamed, just no stream dedicated only to IGAU or MK. It's the same with all the games ran at Super now, only exceptions really are Melee/Project M but that's only because those are the only games ran on Sunday and the numbers they both bring in. Also Rebel Up! the Anime event, if NRS had numbers to support their own event at Super we'd probably get our own day & stream plus more stream time on Wednesday.
No, the issue is that they aren't allowing any side streams anymore, only their main stream.

I don't exactly know why. It isn't about the numbers though.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
No, the issue is that they aren't allowing any side streams anymore, only their main stream.

I don't exactly know why. It isn't about the numbers though.
Could you guys do it on 4G? Or are you guys just not allowed period? It could just be an internet issue.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I have class at 8:00 am the next day and I live an hour away from my school this is a huge reason why I don't usually go. I'll probably sleep outside my school in my car or something from now on though I should be there
dat dedication

do it. after MLG everyone wants to see you more haha

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Shame that WNF is going down.

It's kinda far for me, guys
In an effort to try and draw out some new locals, I am offering a ride to and from SuperArcade to anyone who lives within a 20-mile radius from the arcade. All I ask from you is your availability for an entire Wednesday evening (late evening!) and a minimum of $5 for gas. I hope this can provide the impetus some of you may need to come out and show your love and support for this great NRS title.
Whereabouts do you reside?

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
I'm in Culver City during the weekdays. Which is about 30 miles away from Super Arcade.

I could go just no way to score a ride for sure
Shazzy nubcakes is offering rides for $5 if I didn't misread that. I wish I could go to support but i have school around 6:30 a.m. so make me proud shazzy :) Edit: nevermind misread that it's only around 20 miles

watson

Noob
No side streams at all at Superarcade. Only ones allowed are Leveluplive, Super Arcade, and IEBattlegrounds. They're trying to consolidate all the streams for better exposure.
Ftr, iebattlegrounds has merged with the super arcade twitch channel. only levelup and super arcade will have channel streaming for now.

Shit, does Watson know that the NRS community donated money for a stream station and he's shutting that down? Is there no possible way to work something out?

I'm sorta upset that I donated money and now nothing's coming from that. Really makes me less likely to go to wnf again in the future. I'm pretty bummed
no, i had no idea this happened so please dont mark me as a bad guy trying to kill a community :)

watson

Noob
i just got a text from jamesMK that people are talking shit about the arcade not allowing people to stream.. why do i always have to come to forums that i do not frequent and defend myself and my location? im not sure who's doing the yapping but i haven't heard a peep out of anyone who attends our events. if there was an issue why wasn't it brought up to me and instead getting thrown around the internet?

you can ask anyone who comes to the arcade about how i treat the nrs crew and all our customers for that matter. i am actually very nice to all the guys who enter injustice and it goes beyond a business relationship with most of them. we kid around all the time and talk smack back and forth in good fun. if there is any issue come talk to me. dont start this online bullshit please. i have supported this game from day 1 and i see people making efforts to keep it alive. i have even donated prizes on more than one occasion out of my own pocket to try and help get more entrants. all im asking is that you guys don't make something out of nothing and go talking shit where it doesn't belong. thanks and see you guys in a couple days.

no, i had no idea this happened so please dont mark me as a bad guy trying to kill a community :)
Yeah, a bunch of us donated a pretty fair amount of money. Some also did so under the pretense that it would ensure a dedicated stream for MKX in the future, regardless of feelings toward injustice. I'm sure there's no maleciousness involved...but right now its pretty easy to look for a badguy......cause this kinda blows to be completely honest. :(

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
i just got a text from jamesMK that people are talking shit about the arcade not allowing people to stream.. why do i always have to come to forums that i do not frequent and defend myself and my location? im not sure who's doing the yapping but i haven't heard a peep out of anyone who attends our events. if there was an issue why wasn't it brought up to me and instead getting thrown around the internet?

you can ask anyone who comes to the arcade about how i treat the nrs crew and all our customers for that matter. i am actually very nice to all the guys who enter injustice and it goes beyond a business relationship with most of them. we kid around all the time and talk smack back and forth in good fun. if there is any issue come talk to me. dont start this online bullshit please. i have supported this game from day 1 and i see people making efforts to keep it alive. i have even donated prizes on more than one occasion out of my own pocket to try and help get more entrants. all im asking is that you guys don't make something out of nothing and go talking shit where it doesn't belong. thanks and see you guys in a couple days.
No one here or on twitter or anywhere is talking shit as far as I have seen. We only asked why we couldn't stream in this thread. We all know you guys are awesome, we'd just like to see a stream if it's possible, and if it's not it's understandable. Like any talk about that you can see in this thread lol

watson

Noob
Yeah, a bunch of us donated a pretty fair amount of money. Some also did so under the pretense that it would ensure a dedicated stream for MKX in the future, regardless of feelings toward injustice. I'm sure there's no maleciousness involved...but right now its pretty easy to look for a badguy......cause this kinda blows to be completely honest. :(
sorry if it seems like we are taking something away from the community. i have taken a lot of heat from the anime community as well but its all part of just making things bigger and better for the very near future and also the long haul. we have tried to run injustice and mk events in the past on weekends so they can have a dedicated day to themselves, but the turnout was pretty low so we didnt follow through again. hopefully mkx becomes fairly popular so we can run a dedicated event for that and give it a lot of exposure.

No one here or on twitter or anywhere is talking shit as far as I have seen. We only asked why we couldn't stream in this thread. We all know you guys are awesome, we'd just like to see a stream if it's possible, and if it's not it's understandable. Like any talk about that you can see in this thread lol
fair enough, maybe im jumping the gun. just dont want to be involved in any bs when i am completely supportive for these games you guys love.

RM Nubcakes

On the grind again
@watson No one is talking poorly about you or the arcade. If this jamesMK guy were to actually read the posts in this thread, he would've noticed that people are simply voicing their reaction to the newly implemented rule of no side-streams. Regarding the situation, I was actually going to talk to you this Wednesday about working something out, I.e. Paying for the bandwidth usage or even allowing us to use a 4G card as mentioned by @rev0lver. Nevertheless, we can talk more on Wednesday. I always find face-to-face discussions as the best means of communication. No one is talking bad about the arcade though! I know I speak for all of the SoCal NRS community when I say it's a blessing to have someone like you supporting our games.

@Shaazzyam I live in Northeast LA, so you're not that far out of the way. I'm still willing to give you a ride (I normally give slayer and tyrant a ride home every other week and they live about an hour away from me. I'm used to driving, lol.) as long as you don't mind staying at the arcade until closing time (3am).

Last edited:

jamessmk

I am your god
@watson No one is talking poorly about you or the arcade. If this jamesMK guy were to actually read the posts in this thread, he would've noticed that people are simply voicing their reaction to the newly implemented rule of no side-streams. Regarding the situation, I was actually going to talk to you this Wednesday about working something out, I.e. Paying for the bandwidth usage or even allowing us to use a 4G card as mentioned by @rev0lver. Nevertheless, we can talk more on Wednesday. I always find face-to-face discussions as the best means of communication. No one is talking bad about the arcade though! I know I speak for all of the SoCal NRS community when I say it's a blessing to have someone like you supporting our games.

@Shaazzyam I live in Northeast LA, so you're not that far out of the way. I'm still willing to give you a ride (I normally give slayer and tyrant a ride home every other week and they live about an hour away from me. I'm used to driving, lol.) as long as you don't mind staying at the arcade until closing time (3am).
i did read the thread and post and simply said to @watson that there is some concerns with WNF stream to come check it out on TYM, to avoid any issues

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion

Man, I'm in the complete opposite direction of WNF. You'd have to backtrack like a good 30 mins to get me. Are you sure?

The only issue I have is getting there and back. Everything else is details.

I live in Mid-City dude.
That's pretty close. Are you willing to give a ride to a stranger? I'm willing to share chocolate-covered raisins.

RM Nubcakes

On the grind again
Man, I'm in the complete opposite direction of WNF. You'd have to backtrack like a good 30 mins to get me. Are you sure?
Yes, I'm sure. I drive even further out of the way when I take slayer and tyrant home, like I mentioned earlier. If rip can't take you for whatever reason, allow me to help.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
That's pretty close. Are you willing to give a ride to a stranger? I'm willing to share chocolate-covered raisins.
Yeah, I'd give you a ride. I just don't know if I'm going to go this week. Nubcakes is probably a safer bet for now. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
guess we have to thank jamesmk again