What's new

Question Ask Baraka

i kept doing d4, blade charge but if f4 works screw that dude u can totaly put mad pressure then if d4 gives free f4. wow cant wait to try this.

edit: mileena can roll a blocked charge though :(

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
best anti air normals??

ok i been thinking about this,before patch chop chop to combo was anti air king,now it spin,although new spin is awesome
if you are mounting offense and the opp tries to jump instead of spin(or if there trying to jump your string and there no chance to spin)
what normals are barakas best aa that lead to certain things like trying to keep them close to you,eg aa b1-chop chop

like he can d1 people out of air like every 1 else and link it to special or not
b1 and b2, ive aa people with, b1 faster but i get more sucess with b2
4-cancel to special also another thing that will aa
of course there also the other string timing of aa with d2 to charge
ive knocked people out of air with 22 but its very random and 23 frames,no thank you haha

things like safety,recovery,damge,possible links need to be thought of,this is still mulling around my head so input be handy guys
also as bravo said in other post about linking air to air punch with dash-f4,im trying to find other aa or air to air openings

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Is Chop Chop a reliable anti-air? or is better to use spin?

What is the best use of Slices?

Asodimazze

What is best follow up after NJP?

Im doing F44 + bladecharge or chopchop into charge. help !
After NJP, I like to start a combo using b3,1.

Midscreen : NJP; b3,1; dash; b3,1; dash; 4xxcharge (30%, 33% with EXcharge)
Corner: NJP; b3,1; b3,1; 212xxspin; spin (37%)

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
updated

SomeCubanGuy answered one of my qustions in another thread... but i asked it wrong so here it is again asked more correctly

Any way to connect spark or enhanced spark where it wouldn't conncect before?

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
updated... please try to use this thread to ask question so i can keep first post updated

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
updated... please try to use this thread to ask question so i can keep first post updated
I donno if anyone tried these before or not but here is my stuff:

Jp, b31 then uppercut into ex blade charge (34%) I managed to pull that against a character with high hitbox like Sheeva and it was before the patch. I think it might be easier now.

You can also do this combo in corner after the last b31 cycle you dash forwards and hit upper cut in the corner .. Also you need to hit d1 or d4 after uppercut to get the charge

Works just like anti air uppercut + charge

But useless cuz they are very hard to link

Asodimazze

I donno if anyone tried these before or not but here is my stuff:

Jp, b31 then uppercut into ex blade charge (34%) I managed to pull that against a character with high hitbox like Sheeva and it was before the patch. I think it might be easier now.

You can also do this combo in corner after the last b31 cycle you dash forwards and hit upper cut in the corner .. Also you need to hit d1 or d4 after uppercut to get the charge

Works just like anti air uppercut + charge

But useless cuz they are very hard to link
This is an interesting information. I will try to use EX Charge after anti-air uppercuts...I think it will probably work :)

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
This is an interesting information. I will try to use EX Charge after anti-air uppercuts...I think it will probably work :)
Use the regular blade charge .. it works .. but as I said hard to link .. You do not have to waste a bar on ex blade charge .. But yeah, try it for fun :)

I have posted a video earlier on that thing in a previous thread ... But can't remember

galindo

Noob
mileena is such a PITA with any character i use, however its not that much different with baraka.

i do not use the blade spark ever UNLESS i get a knock down. the blade charge is very very good in these situations, but ofcourse risky against some characters.

with the new blade spin, you need to let them fear jumping in on you. always be prepared with a blade spin.

1man3letters

ok sadly i dont have anyone to test lab stuff with.
we all know b3,1 is very unsafe on block but..... in the corner if b3,1 is blocked if you decide to complete the full string b3,1,f1 what happens?
1.mostly players will try cross over after a blocked b3,1 so would the f1 stop the jumpout?

2.it is safer on block?i know its not safe but is it worse for baraka to get the 1 or f1 blocked?
the f1 is a overhead by the way

3.id pretty sure f1 would be beaten by the opp blocking b3,1 deciding to use d1 or d3 before jumping out but why would anyone poke baraka while there back to the wall in corner and blocking a unsafe b3,1

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
ok sadly i dont have anyone to test lab stuff with.
we all know b3,1 is very unsafe on block but..... in the corner if b3,1 is blocked if you decide to complete the full string b3,1,f1 what happens?
1.mostly players will try cross over after a blocked b3,1 so would the f1 stop the jumpout?

2.it is safer on block?i know its not safe but is it worse for baraka to get the 1 or f1 blocked?
the f1 is a overhead by the way

3.id pretty sure f1 would be beaten by the opp blocking b3,1 deciding to use d1 or d3 before jumping out but why would anyone poke baraka while there back to the wall in corner and blocking a unsafe b3,1
I think yea ... mostly unsafe and very predictable to see b31, or b31f1 .. It would prevent anyone from jump if you continue the f1. but its useless cuz you will loose the string of combo.
This is for all Baraka players: Your Baraka best wall combo is B32exslices .. Its not only safe on block but it also gurantee you another b31 after it if you manage to hit and high damage or reset. Besides its very unpredictable.
You can still use f2 then ex slices in corner but its not damaging as compared to b32 ex slices.

If you wanna use b31 which what I used to do usually before, then b31 blocked, your best bet is to do spin after that quickly cuz opponents usually to prevent.

Now I'm putting more efforts into B32 ex slices

Asodimazze

I think yea ... mostly unsafe and very predictable to see b31, or b31f1 .. It would prevent anyone from jump if you continue the f1. but its useless cuz you will loose the string of combo.
This is for all Baraka players: Your Baraka best wall combo is B32exslices .. Its not only safe on block but it also gurantee you another b31 after it if you manage to hit and high damage or reset. Besides its very unpredictable.
You can still use f2 then ex slices in corner but its not damaging as compared to b32 ex slices.

If you wanna use b31 which what I used to do usually before, then b31 blocked, your best bet is to do spin after that quickly cuz opponents usually to prevent.

Now I'm putting more efforts into B32 ex slices
Very interesting, but imho F2xxEXslices is way better than B32xxEXslices, for the obvious reason that it hits overhead.
Almost every player that knows Baraka a little, will be ultra scared of B3,2 and block low nearly every time you approach him, so F2xxEXslices near the corner is an almost guaranteed combo.
If the opponent should block it, you still have your advantage and can continue your pressing.

1man3letters

so F2xxEXslices near the corner is an almost guaranteed combo.
If the opponent should block it, you still have your advantage and can continue your pressing.
isnt ex/slices on block netural rather than advantage?

@ bravo and asodimazze: while i know b3,2 and f2 are the better for various reasons,i just wanted to look into the b3,1,f1 string for situational reasons and maybe a bit of mindfucking :wut:
heres a example been trying,
since know that the f1 cant be jumped over if b3,1 blocked and can only be armoured attacked or poked(but ive explained why a poke shouldnt come)
so you do u combo into f4 in corner, fearing another b3,1 or b3,2 the opp will prop block low (as asodimazze said about how great using f2 is after reset)

so when the opp sees b3,1 coming,there like,i guessed right,block it, then will try to jump over u,bam! f1 hits slaming there ass back in there,if they decide to block high fearing the f2 on reset, the b3,1,f1 takes 19% from them and gives knockdown back in corner

im also not forgetting 22 1+2 all will hit a crouched opp,it can be fuzzy guarder but gives frame trap and more pressure and maybe another chance to try this,like in all honesty how many people that dont play baraka even know theres a f1 after b3,1 so as said it maybe something to throw in to mix it up even more

more input be helpful... :duel:

Somberness

Lights
Checked some stuff out. 221+2 is +8 on block. Spin/slices, both of those are neutral on block. B31 is -11, B31F1 is -13. Chop chop is -26. Blade charge is -21 while touching and -16 from max distance. Pretty hard punish for a lot of characters because of the pushback, from any distance really.

1man3letters

Checked some stuff out. 221+2 is +8 on block. Spin/slices, both of those are neutral on block. B31 is -11, B31F1 is -13. Chop chop is -26. Blade charge is -21 while touching and -16 from max distance. Pretty hard punish for a lot of characters because of the pushback, from any distance really.
xxz thank you so much for that info!!!:superman:

the crazy detail you went into in the mileena frame data was awesome im not going to ask for that for baraka (but if you want to,i wont object haha) but could i be a terrible greedy baraka player and ask you to check out f4/f4,4 and u3 on block???

Asodimazze

isnt ex/slices on block netural rather than advantage?

@ bravo and asodimazze: while i know b3,2 and f2 are the better for various reasons,i just wanted to look into the b3,1,f1 string for situational reasons and maybe a bit of mindfucking :wut:
heres a example been trying,
since know that the f1 cant be jumped over if b3,1 blocked and can only be armoured attacked or poked(but ive explained why a poke shouldnt come)
so you do u combo into f4 in corner, fearing another b3,1 or b3,2 the opp will prop block low (as asodimazze said about how great using f2 is after reset)

so when the opp sees b3,1 coming,there like,i guessed right,block it, then will try to jump over u,bam! f1 hits slaming there ass back in there,if they decide to block high fearing the f2 on reset, the b3,1,f1 takes 19% from them and gives knockdown back in corner

im also not forgetting 22 1+2 all will hit a crouched opp,it can be fuzzy guarder but gives frame trap and more pressure and maybe another chance to try this,like in all honesty how many people that dont play baraka even know theres a f1 after b3,1 so as said it maybe something to throw in to mix it up even more

more input be helpful... :duel:
I agree that b3,1,f1 is an important string...I will try this in my next matches, when I see the opponent is blocking; It will probably work, it's true that no one expect this.
About 2,2,1+2, I think this string is useful only for frametraps. There is no way an experienced opponent will get hit by the overhead :(
What do you usually do after a blocked 2,2,1+2? I usually go for f4,4--->throw, but you guys probably have better setups.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
updated with blocked b3 1 and b3 1 f1 and blocked slices f u want the other blocked strings that xxz provided on the first post let me know, since they weren't asked about

and organized a lil more too :ninja:

sill havent updated on the completion of the whole string b3 1 f1 since it is still being discussed

i find it useful though... seen as yes... most people don't even know about the overhead since it is a not go to combo