What's new

Question Ask Baraka

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
got any frame data?

Now. Onto a more realistic question:

Best damage in corner and outside from the mid starter f2?

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
We already have an ask Baraka thread...
i ain't see it in the sticky but just seen it now my bad
i wouldve asked ya'll first if ya'll liked me to make this if i did
but I'll keep this first post updated with all ansered questions from a-z for real ez acess

its on ya'll
still waiting for a reply on the video thread
just trying help out the community:)

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
got any frame data?

Now. Onto a more realistic question:

Best damage in corner and outside from the mid starter f2?
took some combos from jennys guide, check first post

and i don't know where the frame data is....:darthvader:

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
Whats the highest corner combo you made so far?

Did you notice any differences on ex chop chop compared to regular chop chop (if it covers more distance or not)? ... For me, I do not see any differences and I wish so !!

difficulty getting in with baraka

how do you guys get in with baraka? i find it a bit tricky, especially vs turtle people who simply dash back all the time and zone in between dashes and then randomly jump forward. this applies mostly to chars who outzone baraka since i cannot fight the zone war and must close the distance. any tips?

specific chars i struggle with
- mileena
- liu kang
- sindel

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Whats the highest corner combo you made so far?

Did you notice any differences on ex chop chop compared to regular chop chop (if it covers more distance or not)? ... For me, I do not see any differences and I wish so !!
To the chop chop question no, dont see a huge difference in distance

Jp2, 2,2,1+2 B+3,1 B+3,1 B+3,1 B+1,1 X-ray-51% is my highest corner combo

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Mileena I just spam spark to bait her specials and punish with a spin.

Sindel you just have to dash block, maybe take a few low fireballs, and hope you get EX Blade charge soon

Liu Kang just get in his face, use EX blade charge, or just jump over his projectiles, they are not that fast..

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
Dude I depend on my Baraka zoning attack as my first strategy .. Once I have 2 bars then I'm good to go for that.
You need to get the first hit with Baraka in a match to get that extra bar at the start. You can zone against most characters .. FORGET BARAKA X-Ray cuz its useless. (Even if you have full bar, dude do not think about doing it) unless you are confident enough
But, wait ...
Mileena is one of the best characters in the game and hard to beat. Sindel is hard to beat .. Even Kano can out zone Baraka .. But here is the thing : they are all not close to Kabal's crazy zoning.
You just need to get to play more games against the opponenet to learn his style then u can beat him (This is most important thing)
Liu Kang match up is 5-5 or (may be 4.5-5.5 in Liu Kang favor) for reasons Cuban said already.

What you should worry about is:
Raiden, Cyrax, Johnny Cage and some way (Night Wolf)

Do you know it takes only one bar from to get away with serious pressure situations which is using (ex Blade charge) cuz its armored. You just have to do it in the right time

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
as bravo said,ex blade charge is the golden ticket u seek :)

mileena: bait and punish,if your too on the offense or make the mistake of jumping mimi will kill u,intresting thing in that match,charge beats roll,if she tries to zone with sais,ex charge

sindel: ye again jumpin in this match bad unless u see a low fireball coming out,sindels fireballs are good at keep baraka out but when baraka has no meter and keep him in check with cartwheel when you get in,but when u have meter...its golden ticket time

kang- this match i also have troubles with,ireland has a VERY good kang player, parry stops jip, you do something slighty unsafe your half dead,get in corner,your dead.spin as aint good as kang has low combo starters to fuck that spin up,but apartenly its been fixed that barakas back 3 isnt parried anymore,so that should hell keep pressure on as kangs wake up game ass,i still have to figure this match out,the speed of kangs normals,his mixup and that many ways he can get hit/block stun adv makes it hard to see why its 5-5 but im no where near the best baraka around and im not 100% on how to get out of some ofkangs block strings( if anyone could help on this very be handy)so i dunno, my advice d3 and d4 your best freinds in this match

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
I did it only once so far: And its just for showbot corner combo

Jp,b31,F44,b31,b11 then ex spin, ex spin 52% (2 bars)
Jp22,1+2 (cancel that into ex Slices) b31,b11, double ex spin. 50% (three bars)
I really wanna try this but its fuckin hard to me (lol): Jp,b1f2 ex slices then b31,b11, double ex spins (I would like to see that damage of that shit) ( I think its around 50%)

Again those are hard or useless .. Do it for fun :)

Also try this for fun
You can look at your status at this site: http://www.themortalkombat.com/ cuz its linked to the game itself via the game menu.

On my profile, It says that my highest combo is 20 hits .. :)

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Just a question to you pro baraka players:

Does a good Baraka player burn their meter on wake up? Because ever since the patch, it looks like a trend so I keep getting hit by them and I get annoyed when it almost costs me matches.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Just a question to you pro baraka players:

Does a good Baraka player burn their meter on wake up? Because ever since the patch, it looks like a trend so I keep getting hit by them and I get annoyed when it almost costs me matches.
well i aint pro lol....but what move u talking about? ex charge on wakeup? (its the only one with armor so i take it u mean that) but since that patch buffed spin,theres no reason for burning meter on wake ups,like some of the cast,baraka most dangerous with some meter in his pocket

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
first post updated
hope u guys arn't upset by this new thread, as i said I'm trying to help the community nothing less or more
maybe u'll let me redo the video thread after u see how this thread works out :top:... but im waiting for the yes still

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
well i aint pro lol....but what move u talking about? ex charge on wakeup? (its the only one with armor so i take it u mean that) but since that patch buffed spin,theres no reason for burning meter on wake ups,like some of the cast,baraka most dangerous with some meter in his pocket
The blade charge move that got a full screen buff.

And I am seeing more Barakas than before...>.>

jamessmk

I am your god
I personally use X-dash on wake ups. Especially versus Sub and cyrax. Due to the fact it goes through ice clone and nets and just about anything else. I think it really is key to being a successful Tournament player with him.

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
how do you guys get in with baraka? i find it a bit tricky, especially vs turtle people who simply dash back all the time and zone in between dashes and then randomly jump forward. this applies mostly to chars who outzone baraka since i cannot fight the zone war and must close the distance. any tips?

specific chars i struggle with
- mileena
- liu kang
- sindel
Mileena- If she is lots of sais then you should be using D+4 to duck the sais and dashing in canceling into some more D+4s because even though she is getting meter you are not getting hit and you are not giving her more meter than you want her to have. Also, Once you are in range of Blade Charge stuff those sais so then you can dash in for free pressure or you could do D+4 again and if it hits F+4,4 cannot be interrupted.
Liu Kang: D+4 under high fireballs jump over low fireballs or enhanced blade charge through them if you have meter. Unless he is building meter, he should be coming to you because he is Liu Kang. Also if he is pressuring you, watch what he does like after his B+3,1,2 1. does he jump? 2. does he do another B+3,1,2? 3. does he do another pressure string like F+1,2 ? Always attempt at poking him out of his pressure because that will shift the offense in your favor.
Sindel: Be patient in this match. Dash block so you are in the range of Blade Charge which can be used as a anti-air at the right range if she is doing air fireballs. Save your meter for enhanced Blade Charge.

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
oooo, d4 on hit grants free f44?
Yes .. d4 then F44 is highly useful dude and need to implement that strategy in my game which I'm not playing Mk these days cuz of my studying schedule.

Hey, try this one too: I love it dude :) ...If d4 then d4 the blade charge .. if you do not hit the enemy even then do Blade after the second d4 .. I noticed its highly effective cuz enemies will try to cross jump over you or do something leading to them unblock after the second d4 ... After the second d4 hit Blade Charge (lol) ..

Well they might block it too and punish you !! But here is the thing: I had ove the 80% success with that strategy in my matches ... (I love that thing d4 then d4 then charge) :)